Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

Re:Post any Jewel Quest Mysteries: The Oracle of Ur technical issues here only

[Post New]by Bpup on May 24, 12 10:58 PM
I can't get the pieces to rotate on the first electrical wire puzzle. Given the fact that others are having the same problem with rotating items, I'm deleting this game until a patch is issued.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on May 26, 12 1:31 PM
Hi everyone,

If you're having trouble with not being able to rotate pieces, it looks like one player was able to get past this:

ataloss wrote:Me again. Found out after fiddling around, I have to click twice on the object to get it to rotate. Maybe this is your problem? Hope so.

However, if you try this and your game is still giving you trouble I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support team. This will help us better track this issue and a rep can help you out with your individual purchase:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

Flashmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Combo lock in last chapter

[Post New]by Flashmom on May 26, 12 7:35 PM
I'm all the way at the end and I can't get the tumblers on the combo lock to rotate. I did have some issues with other pieces rotating, but after a bit of patience, the pieces started "behaving." ... not this time though. I have clicked; double-clicked; clicked and dragged; (just) dragged; typed; and even tried moving the "metal" above and below. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is having a problem.

This is the second game in less than a week where I've gotten to the **very** end, only to have something happen with the game that makes it unable to be finished. Frustrating--

Flashmom

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on May 27, 12 5:11 AM
The hour trial played fine on my W7 machine. Decided to try it on my Mac, and the letter pieces wouldn't rotate. Gave up!
I've iOS X Lion.

[Post New]by Cynderbear on Jun 11, 12 3:55 PM
I have double clicked my little heart out, and I cannot get the pieces to rotate either.

jodihs
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by jodihs on Jun 13, 12 7:15 AM
Cynderbear wrote:I have double clicked my little heart out, and I cannot get the pieces to rotate either.

Same problem, skipped the puzzle and then got stuck in the sun room. Sounds like an issue the developers need to solve - hope this won't end up being one of those games that never get a resolution. And I have contacted help center.

[Post New]by mizzzjulie on Jul 31, 12 1:44 AM
I am stuck in the Indus Valley "Larkana Bazaar" room (Sebastian). I played the jewel board (which I had to give up on and "skip" after spending hours and hours trying to beat it). I have one object left (the baby carriage) and no matter where I click on it, it won't select the object. I even used a hint, just in case I was wrong about the object's location but I wasn't wrong. I can't get any further in the game, please help! Thank you.
UPDATE: I tried uninstalling & reinstalling the game and it saved my progress so I ended up back in the "Larkana Bazaar" room. However, I'm still having the same problem - it won't let me select the baby carriage. Do I need to do a more thorough uninstall, where I have to start the entire game over again? Or is there a game update that might take care of this issue? Please help! I really want to play this game!!!
UPDATE2: Since no one at all ever responded to post and because I wanted to play the game I'd paid for, I just started clicking methodically throughout the scene, from left to right until I finally found the item and was able to move on in the game. The hint I'd used had hint landed in the vicinity of the baby carriage but not close enough and that's why I was stuck. If anyone on the technical team for Big Fish Games ever actually reads these posts (which I'm starting to doubt happens), you should know that the "hint" seems to be broken in this game. Maybe someone could tell the programmers to fix it? I have to give a big thanks to my very own brain for figuring this one out! I guess if you want something done, you have to do it yourself.

Edited on 08/04/2012 at 11:33:01 PM PST

[Post New]by toomanycats on May 18, 13 8:17 AM
Same problem as the others with not being able to get out of the sun room. I have already uninstalled/reinstalled to deal with the rotation problem and it helped that. BUT, I am NOT going uninstall/reinstall this game multiple times just to get through it when it is obviously flawed. If so many others are having the same problem, what does this say? I love Big Fish, you have great customer service but aren't these games tested sufficiently? This is the second game I have had problems with this week, and while on the subject, can't you guys get the developers to proof the English translations of objects? When did an oil can become a "butter dish?"

[Post New]by toomanycats on May 18, 13 8:18 AM
As to the rotation problem, to those of you dealing with that--after I reinstalled it, I doubleclicked very fast and it seemed to work--most of the time.

nelliebj
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nelliebj on Jun 1, 13 3:32 PM
I got stuck on one of the jewel boards. Had to skip it in the end because I couldn't figure it out and there were NO instructions. You are supposed to put the flame into a bowl at the bottom of the board. It goes down to the bottom, stops and then that's it. I may as well just let the time run out because there is nowhere I can find out what I am supposed to be doing. I may be a little dense but I play a lot of M3's and this one just doesn't make sense. Any help out there?

nelliebj
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nelliebj on Jun 16, 13 10:10 AM
I'm in the room with the sand clocks. I can't do anything. The trouble is, I have already done this room once and it worked just fine. I moved on. Then I had to exit the game and when I got back to the game, it took me back to a scene I had already cleared and then to the sun room again. Now I can't clear it at all. I have tried and tried to put sand into the clocks (I have two bags in my inventory) but it says you can't do it while the sun is in rotation but .... I need to load the sand to rotate the sun clock!!! It's a huge catch 22 and I resent having to do the same scenes again just because I exit for a while. I'm going to try to reload it and see what happens.

[Post New]by toomanycats on Jul 21, 13 9:34 AM
nelliebj, I re-installed twice and went through customer service and still got stuck in the same place in the sun room. Ultimately I just uninstalled it completely. If they ever get an updated game with all the problems fixed, I might try it again but at the moment I think I am done with the Jewel Quest series.

[Post New]by Tessa1111 on Jul 22, 13 5:20 PM
This game has such tiny writing, no way to make the inside screens bigger. Pity.

[Post New]by Jase475 on Dec 20, 13 9:52 AM
Hi there

I have recently purchased this title and having a major technical issue.

The moment I start the game it freezes the desktop in a minimized window format and pretty much all I can do is restart the laptop. I cant even "end task" with the task manager. I am using Windows 8 and my laptop should be 100% compatible as it is brand new.

Please assist.

Thank you,
Regards

[Post New]by jcalvert107 on Mar 21, 14 2:27 PM
Just bought this game at Wal-mart, it also comes with the sapphire dragon. I have windows 8. The sapphire dragon downloaded with no problems but the oracle of ur said I needed the latest adobe flash player. I have it already. so it download the rest of the way, now when I click the oracle of ur to play it, it freezes up my computer. It makes my icons large then freeze. The game doesn't even start up before it freezes. what do I need to do? Please I need help. I really like to play this game.

bean2649
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by bean2649 on Aug 19, 14 12:58 PM
I had all four of the Jewel Quest Mysteries. I love the last two especially. I got a new computer....a Dell laptop with windows 8.1. The first two games in the series downloaded and play just fine. The second two download just fine but when I try to play them, the screen freezes.

I've downloaded them from 3 sites and bought the CD. Nothing works. I love these two games and would like to know if you have a fix for me.

Thank you for your help.

[Post New]by toomanycats on Nov 4, 14 8:54 AM
To rotate pieces, click twice VERY FAST.

Go to: