BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Re:Post any Snark Busters: High Society technical issues here only

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on May 23, 12 1:08 PM
I'm sorry but the problem is with the game - not my computer. It won't let me hit "play" it just kicks me out to the game manager - as I've seen is happening with many others.

[Post New]by sherrylmarshall on May 23, 12 2:09 PM
I can't get the red button on the first picture to work. I had the picture in focus, but
can't get the negative. I wish these pictures had a SKIP button.

sherrylmarshall

[Post New]by snowleopard55 on May 23, 12 3:30 PM
I am having the same problem as sherrylmarshall. On full screen mode, I am unable to get the negative to fill the red box. Then when I play in windowed mode, it does fill the box but I cannot get it to print. The button pushes, I get a flash but ... nothing.

Very disappointing. I have LOVED the previous games in this series.

katlady3
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by katlady3 on May 23, 12 4:40 PM
My game goes to the 1st screen where you hit "play". After I hit the play button it closes down and goes back to game manager saying "thanks for playing"...I uninstalled & reinstalled but nothing. Any ideas?

kimcol
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by kimcol on May 23, 12 5:01 PM
katlady3 wrote:My game goes to the 1st screen where you hit "play". After I hit the play button it closes down and goes back to game manager saying "thanks for playing"...I uninstalled & reinstalled but nothing. Any ideas?

I experienced the same problem and thought it might be because I had demoed the game from the developer's site(?), so I started again with a new profile and was allowed to play.

I also had to use task manager to end the game at the end of the BF demo. I didn't have this problem with the demo from the developer.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on May 23, 12 6:10 PM
I had the same problem when my demo was over had to go through GM then had to shut down my puter cause it kept saying game running and every time I went back still no exit button BIG PROBLEM HERE I won't buy this until they fix the glitches for I read that others are having problems after they buy I'll wait maybe forever

DontPOP
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by DontPOP on May 23, 12 6:42 PM
I had same issue. There was no exit in the corner. I clicked all the corners. I used the Task Manager to exit. It says I have 9 minutes left in my demo time.

Janeport
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Janeport on May 23, 12 7:00 PM
Just downloaded and without even getting a view of a screen game manager shows trial expired.

I have had this happen to me several times, I close the game manager and start the game from the icon on desktop and most times this works. Once, when this did not work, I closed down for the night and retried the next day, hi presto.

Good luck

Janeport
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Janeport on May 23, 12 7:03 PM
When I start this game the screen jumps around and then split into three and the same graphic will appear in all three. This when the screen rolls up from the bottom to the top of the screen, not good for the eyes.

Try turning of widescreen, the screen stopped rolling but went into black and white.

Uninstalled and installed again, same problem.

[Post New]by Goldeneye412 on May 23, 12 7:51 PM
Safe Opening. It's a random referencing other. Other walkthroughs show different - again it's random. No logical sequence unless I'm missing something.
Overall great game!!!! Please help to get me thru this part. Unless I'm just dopey, it might be a tech glitch.
I did all per the clue sheet (even tried 7 as baker's dozen with British 13) as well as matched against skeleton and windmill clues. Also tried to play around with outside symbols (gun, knife, pirate, parrot) to no avail. Other walkthroughs I've tried with their solutions. Unless I'm dopey...
- 0 sides to the world - spring icon
- 5 fingers on one hand - leaf icon (also tried 4 fingers)
- 6 half a dozen - gun icon (also tried 7)
- 6 on fire/pirate symbol. Clue sheet said to rotate it so I tried all #'s.

One of the very few times I've been completely stumped. Help please?

Edited on 05/24/2012 at 5:31:14 AM PST

[Post New]by brettania on May 24, 12 12:47 AM
I played the demo with no problem until the cut scene at the end. I then had to use Task Manager to close. Not a big deal, I thought! I liked the game so I proceeded to buy it and I haven't been able to play it since. I keep getting an ACCESS VIOLATION code and the game terminates and I am returned to Big Fish Manager. I have done everything recommended, and still nothing. Anyone else have the same problem and did you manage to fix it? Just as a side note, when this happens the game name appears in my bottom tab bar in what appears to be "RUSSIAN???" Any help would be gratefully accepted and appreciated!
Thanks, Lisa

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 24, 12 2:47 AM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you that are unable to get the game to launch, it may be that your computer is having trouble running that game. There are some measures you can take to help the computer and game commuicate more effectively with one another. I am including a help article below with some great advice:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I would encourage any Fishie with an Access Violation message to take a look at this help article:

Access Violation

If you would like us to provide some troubleshooting specific to your computer, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to help you!

I hope this is helpful!

bfgBaikal

Mart1n0940
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Mart1n0940 on May 24, 12 3:10 AM
I had already downloaded this game from elsewhere and played a 1 hour demo so when I downloaded the BFG demo it picked up the previous profile and tried to carry on. This is when it fails and goes straight back to Game Manager as soon as you select "Play".

You have to go into "Change Player" and create a new profile before selecting "Play" then its OK - but the game will then start all over again

Martin

skamosha
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by skamosha on May 24, 12 6:43 AM
snowleopard55 wrote:I am having the same problem as sherrylmarshall. On full screen mode, I am unable to get the negative to fill the red box. Then when I play in windowed mode, it does fill the box but I cannot get it to print. The button pushes, I get a flash but ... nothing.

Very disappointing. I have LOVED the previous games in this series.

I found that after the flash you had to click on the photo to get it into your inventory. Then you can put it into the developer and water, and hang up. Not very intuitive, since nothing visually changes with the photo after the flash. Not sure if this will help, but good luck.

[Post New]by snowleopard55 on May 24, 12 7:28 AM
Skamosha, I rushed right off to try that, but no luck for me. Thank you though!

[Post New]by samsam1998 on May 24, 12 7:39 AM
I still have 10 min. left on the demo, but when I hit "Play", it goes to a page that says "Congratulations", as if I've finished the game, which I haven't. I'd like to buy this game, but I can't seem to play it - any ideas?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on May 24, 12 10:18 AM
Hi samsam1998,

With some of our games, the trial version is actually a piece of the game itself and once you get to a certain level it will automatically end. You can tell that the game has this type of trial because it will say "Free Sample Version" under the Play Now button.

Depending on how fast you play through the sample version, you may still have time on your trial. You can definitely use the rest of the time, but to do so you'll have to create a new player profile and start the game again. Once you purchase the full version of the game, the larger game file with be downloaded and you'll be able to play on.

I hope this helps!

bfgMonongahela

brammie5
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by brammie5 on May 24, 12 1:16 PM
I believe the game is stuck in the Floating Islands part. I have completed everything that I can except for the cannon. It shows that I need a pile of wood. The wood is lying on the ground a few feet away, but I can't pick it up. The hint thing is not working at all right now either. I know some have passed this part and are on the flying ship. I also have a splinter that needs to be lit in the fire that I can't build because I have no wood. Have I missed something/
?

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on May 24, 12 1:53 PM
Won't download. Then when I closed the Game Manager and reopened, it said waiting to activate, so when I clicked Activate, it said trial had expired. So then when I closed the Game manager and opened again, it said error trying to activate. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled and played one minute and closed the game and everything seems to be okay. But I would have to say that the demo and actual full game are not compatible.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on May 24, 12 2:13 PM
Hi everyone,

brammie5- if your game is getting stuck, I would try uninstalling and reinstalling it. If you click the blue text, it will take you to more information about how to do that. This won't lose your place in the game, but can help if the game isn't responding as it should.

Cromaxgal- I'm glad to hear that things seem to be going alright now. However if you run into trouble in the future with downloads, I would check out some of the troubleshooting steps in this article here:

Why did my download, activation, or installation fail for my game?

I'm sorry for the trouble. These steps above are just some things we've found can help in these cases. However, if you try them and your game is still giving you trouble I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support team. This will help us better track any issues and a rep will be able to help you out individually with your purchse.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

Go to: