Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

Re:The Broken Clues - Developers

[Post New]by Anniejo on Feb 1, 09 9:43 AM
Suz, lets hope they can understand English!!!!

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Feb 1, 09 9:48 AM
well one can hope, although from the game text it's unlikely! lol

i sent it to the email given on the hsastudios website. Only one I could find. Hope it gets to the right place and they listen!

teri49
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by teri49 on Feb 1, 09 9:48 AM
Absolutely, positively agree with all of you. It's finish the 60 minutes and drop it in the trash..... Being given the choice of a timer is a good idea. Then if I play the game several times I can add the challenge of a timer. And I LOVED the poem. Maybe someone can get the developer's attention.

granny754
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by granny754 on Feb 1, 09 9:59 AM
I agree 110% with everyone. This game is horrible. I'm in the middle age woman class. I only played 15 min of the demo and that was enough for me. I don't think I would play the entire game if it were free

Edited on 02/01/2009 at 9:59:59 AM PST

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Feb 1, 09 10:01 AM
Thanks everyone and I know I"m not alone in my frustration.. !

Developers... Now none of us are trying to be mean......... honestly we are trying to help guide you to what we want so you can make money and we can have fun. Please take heed ..... I would think that you'd pay attention. But we dont' seem to be getting our message across.

If language is a problem then get someone to translate. Often I find in games things named something wrong. The last one I can remember is calling a trophy a cup.. here I am clicking on cups to no avail. I finally used a hint and could see that it was a trophy they wanted....
A retort threw me too.. it is a flute to me... thats one of the reasons I need unlimited hints because I can use them up pretty quickly searching for very small, wrongly named things. Then when you penalize me on top of that because I"m clicking around... I just throw up my hands and say, "BITE ME" !! DELETE...your game is history... !!!

I hate using hints and store them up like a squirrel does nuts....and will spend lots of time trying to find something.. but when my tolerance level has peaked.. I need a hint.......plain and simple. !!!

This goes for all Developers !! Please listen.. !

Sunshyne298
Herring
Herring
326 Posts

[Post New]by Sunshyne298 on Feb 1, 09 10:02 AM
I never write a review about a game. I figure that each person has their own taste. What I like, someone else may not, so no reviews for me.

This game, however, is so bad that I had to give my opinion. I'm writing this before I grab 3 extra strength Tylenol for the headache this game gave me. And I didn't even finish it.

I can't imagine anyone liking this game. This game has 3 games mixed into one, and they happen to be 3 games I like. HO, Spot the differences, and find 10 of something. I've never seen such a poor execution of all 3.

For example, putting a BLACK boot under a bed and then making that area under the bed black. How is anyone with normal vision ever supposed to see that black boot? And one object is Swift. What the heck is a swift??

Spot the differences. I was actually just randomly clicking around because the differences in some of the pictures was so obscure. A small shadow on a shirt? Give me a break! I consider myself to be very good at spotting the difference games. I love 'em, in fact. This one, however, was ridiculous. I would just click until I found 7 and then just use my 3 clues to find the rest.

And to take 3 seconds off for every wrong click? What were they thinking? If you're going to penalize the player for doing that, then you had better make sure your objects are BIG enough to see, which they aren't in this game. I rarely have to use clues in a HO game, but I had to use all 3 clues in every level of this game. It's ridiculous.

This is a definite THUMBS DOWN for me. I've never seen a game with so much wrong with it. I can't imagine even 1 person buying this game.

As I said, I never write reviews on games, but this game was so atrocious that I had to say something.

Now it's off to take some Tylenol. I hope I never see such a poor excuse for a game again around here!

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Feb 1, 09 10:04 AM
Welcome to the pond, Sunshyne. What you said was right on!
Maybe we will have a good one soon.

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Feb 1, 09 10:05 AM
well so much for them listening!
I just received this:

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<ussales@hsasudios.com>
(reason: 550 Host unknown)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
550 5.1.2 <ussales@hsasudios.com>... Host unknown (Name server: hsasudios.com.: host not found)
In other words, the email they listed on their site is UNKNOWN and they didn't get my letter!
well maybe they'll read this thread! One can hope!

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Feb 1, 09 10:08 AM
It shows that they really don't want to hear from anyone. Picman can let them know or forward the e-mail on.

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Feb 1, 09 10:21 AM
suzangh... thanks for trying.. You notice that address is to USSALES... they probably shut it down cause they weren't getting any US sales.... Wonder why..?

Someone from BF needs to come to our rescue I think...

Your review was bang on.. ! I'm usually pretty good at spot the differences too but even with my clicking and using the 3 lousy hints.. I still blew it. Dang.. ! I got it on the second try cause I memorized where all the differences were and used the few hints I may need...... rediculous.. !!

Hope your tylenol has kicked in... it took me an hour just to calm down long enough to open the bottle...

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 1, 09 10:23 AM
More likely they have a typo in the HTML on their site, and the email address is supposed to be ussales@hsastudios.com with a T. That error message wasn't about not having "ussales" but about not being able to find "hsasudios.com".

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Feb 1, 09 10:23 AM
games was bad all the way around poo poo poo.thats all a got to say

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Feb 1, 09 10:25 AM
LK huh I didn't even notice that! Wasn't my error though, clicked a link. Thanks I'll send it again!

redburn1
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by redburn1 on Feb 1, 09 10:34 AM
awful game, spot the dif was rubbish, there was not enought time, the poem sums it up!!! am deleting this game as i write, am not gonna waste a game credit on this awful game!

Renee02
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,068 Posts

[Post New]by Renee02 on Feb 1, 09 10:44 AM
what got me was I got penalized because they asked me to find a light, there were several in the room. So I ended up clicking every one to find the light they wanted. Unfair!!

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Feb 1, 09 10:47 AM
LK.... good point.. I didn't notice that myself... I was too busy being sarcastic..
Shame on me... !!

OMG...... I"m a Herring...!!! When did I morph.... ??

Love those sexy "come hither" eyes...LOL

[Post New]by grandma754 on Feb 1, 09 10:51 AM
This is the worst game I have tried to play. What's with one clue at a time? Not for old eyes either. Will save my $ on this one.

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Feb 1, 09 10:55 AM
Welcome to the pond, grandma. They are a few gma's here. We hope you find us all friendly. If not, please feel free to pm that person.

Have fun!

Now, I'm on my way to the other side of Atlanta for a SB party. Lots O and . Y'all have fun while I'm gone and BEHAVE yourselves!

Edited on 02/01/2009 at 10:56:56 AM PST

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Feb 1, 09 11:09 AM
WOW! I couldn't agree more with everyone.! "The Broken Clues" - what an appropriate name! First I couldn't get it to work, then I wish I hadn't been able to. What the heck is a "Chess Coin"? (I know, it turned out to be, not one, but TWO chess pieces ???). This game was awful, I only lasted through 15 minutes, then trashed it. I know that it must be hard to check everything when you're putting out a game a day, but there's just no excuse for this.

Hey instead of dreck like this, why not give us some of the games we've been begging for, like, say "Mortimer Beckett and the Time Portal"? Now, THAT I would be happy to pay for.

And Celery, hats off to you, that poem was brilliant!

[Post New]by gabby04 on Feb 1, 09 11:16 AM
First of all this game isn't ready - it crashed my system trying to open it. The cursor "floats" - no control - I can't stand it on some of the games that this happens. Timer - NO Can't see any of the items - it's really just a guess. I hope you remove the game altogether - if you don't you'll be refunding lots of money (if they even get far enough to buy it)
Note: I never complain - I love a lot of your other games.

Go to: