Granny_Fish
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

Re:A very informal group play for anyone who wants to continue the journey.

[Post New]by Granny_Fish on May 25, 12 9:01 AM
Catfish_girl wrote:still wondering how to get in the shed

SPOILER

*** Did you carefully look at the shed door and the hole next to it? Looks like the lock is missing.Go into the station and look at everything carefully, letters, things hanging on the walls, etc. There is a clue there, but a warning - this is a tough puzzle to solve. Don't hesitate to ask for more help.***

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 25, 12 9:07 AM
Catfish_girl wrote:Managed to **light a fire and found some things I can turn inside and outside the house** still wondering how to get in the shed

And that's the hard part! You haven't asked yet so won't say anything but if you need hints not spoilers - I'll say if you want me to.

BTW re board game just completed on normal and I didn't notice any difference between the 2 levels (easy and normal) now back in the sun!

opps just saw your post granny fish

Edited on 05/25/2012 at 9:22:15 AM PST

Granny_Fish
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Granny_Fish on May 25, 12 9:25 AM
IMPORTANT QUESTION!!

I am playing with the Viva Adventure Anthology cd which has the first three episodes/games: The London Scene, From Lapland to Madagascar and Pirates of Madagascar. Is any one playing with the Big Fish version of From Lapland to Madagascar? If so, let me know if it includes the Madagascar chapter. I searched the site and couldn't find a game or a forum called Pirates of Madagascar. I don't want people confused by our posts about Madagascar and may need to add s bit more information at the top of page 1.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 25, 12 9:47 AM
@Granny_Fish AGON: The London Scene and AGON From Lapland to Madgascar together are the original AGON: The Mysterious Codex, which includes the first three chapters: London, Lapland AND Madagascar.
I am playing the BF version and it should cover ALL of Madagascar.
The following chapter is The Lost Sword of Toledo and that leads us to Spain.
Hope this helps.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 25, 12 10:07 AM
Yes I am playing BF lapland to madagascar which flows from lapland to madagascar, don't know yet where it finishes but suspect it will be sort of like how lapland finishes (without the next bit)

I wanted to ask back with mysterious codex does it all flow? Did london flow into lapland like how lapland flowed into madagascar? As I really am not liking this chopped up, loading up different games. As if it flowed like one game I think it would make a huge difference.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 25, 12 10:45 AM
Anyone at the forest maze yet? spoiler for that area - I fed the lemur he is making noices but they all sound the same to me, I either keep coming back to where I start or I keep coming across the grave which I move some poles with animals on it. I think I have exhausted every route but I've moved all the poles around and don't know what to do with them. And can't find the lemur and his cries aren't helping! I don't like mazes another thing I find hard! end

I am stopping for the day as I am so lost. anyway hope you don't get lost as well.

Edited on 05/25/2012 at 11:07:34 AM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 25, 12 12:44 PM
Okay, I found the ** drawing of the shed lock in the cupboard. I know I have to turn the plate on the wall and the valve like thing on the wall outside, but I don't see what it is doing........ So how do I know how far to turn them and which way?** Arggghh, why can't I solve this!?

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on May 25, 12 12:58 PM
CfG...It's best to turn them ** all the way to the left and start there. **

Spoiler ** I think the plate is 1 turn and the outside valve is 4 turns ** This puzzle is a hard one.

gingergal... I'm in the forest ** I brought my speakers from behind the monitor to up front and sometimes I can hear the lemur make a sound in one and not the other so I turn that way and sometimes I can hear the sound in both speakers and I go straight. So far it is not working like I hoped. I seem to go to the guard to the grave site no matter which way I'm headed. **

ETA...Gingergal...Did it with headphones it was a big help. Made it to some kind of tree house, Had a bit of trouble getting inside but figured it out finally.

Edited on 05/25/2012 at 7:56:02 PM PST

Granny_Fish
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Granny_Fish on May 25, 12 1:12 PM
QUESTON ANSWERED!

Thank you Catfish_girl. Between Big Fish sloppiness and my post, there could be a lot of widdle confused fishies in the pond. I'm going to go and revise my post a bit right now.

Gingergirl, London transitions nicely. It explains why Hunt is taking the journey and ends with him in the train leaving London and headed for Lapland.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 25, 12 2:28 PM
I am not sure if this game and I are getting along quite well, I am practicly glued to UHS
Anyway, I've made it into the shed and I am calling it a night.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 26, 12 4:04 AM
sunshinej wrote:CfG...It's best to turn them ** all the way to the left and start there. **

Spoiler ** I think the plate is 1 turn and the outside valve is 4 turns ** This puzzle is a hard one.

gingergal... I'm in the forest ** I brought my speakers from behind the monitor to up front and sometimes I can hear the lemur make a sound in one and not the other so I turn that way and sometimes I can hear the sound in both speakers and I go straight. So far it is not working like I hoped. I seem to go to the guard to the grave site no matter which way I'm headed. **

ETA...Gingergal...Did it with headphones it was a big help. Made it to some kind of tree house, Had a bit of trouble getting inside but figured it out finally.

I'm playing with a laptop so one speaker and don't have any headphones.
I think I better spend more time at the grave as I haven't combed that area yet I've been looking for that lema as I thought that was the purpose of the maze?.

catfish girl,
I'm not loving this type of adventure either I will say it does get better for a while after you leave your little area. That bit you are on which I resorted to a walkthrough and the bit I'm on which seems you need speakers or headphones to do, just frustrates me. In between times it's OK.

Grannyfish - It does sound better buying it as one game (the 3 chapters). I'm glad this BF part of the game has 2 chapters combined.

Edited on 05/26/2012 at 4:05:20 AM PST

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on May 26, 12 4:17 AM
What a great idea. I didn't join the London group because I had already played that myself and was in the middle of another game at the time,

I would love to join you but it may be a bit spasmodic because we are going to be away for most of June & next week in RL will be hectic. however, I will make a start & I've book-marked the thread so that I can come back to it.

I have all three AGON games from BF but I have a feeling this is going to be the hardest.

Edited on 05/26/2012 at 4:18:48 AM PST

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on May 26, 12 4:23 AM
Gingergal...Sorry you won't be able to use my tip on the ** headphones also when you are in the forest and you are following the lemur. Turn in each direction to hear which one is the loudest and go that way. Do it for each scene. **

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 26, 12 4:52 AM
sunshinej wrote:Gingergal...Sorry you won't be able to use my tip on the ** headphones also when you are in the forest and you are following the lemur. Turn in each direction to hear which one is the loudest and go that way. Do it for each scene. **

Did you just morph? congrats.

Thanks for the tip that maze had me about to give up - seriously as the lemur sounds the same in loudness as well as not be able to sense the direction. I went to walkthroughs one just said follow the loudness and the other was wrong in it's directions (believe me I tried many times). Was just about to give up and that click got me to the area you were talking about tree hut. I have never tried to save a game so quickly! I do think that puzzle was ill thought out because what if you are deaf or like me don't have speakers!

Hi Belladonna
Anyway thanks for trying and at least I can carry on!

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 26, 12 8:07 AM
This game has too hard puzzles for me, that takes it past enjoyable for my taste. A lot of paper and writing (I'm lazy I like my notes to be recorded!). Anyway at least I am rewarded by a stunning beautiful sunset the nicest scene that I remember in any game. So think it's a good place to stop for the day.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 26, 12 8:21 AM
I've got ** Kaira take me to the village. None of the villagers want to speak with me and I've got no clue on how to give the dog medicin ** Im really going from being stuck to being stuck etc, not quite a smooth journey this game.
Drat, I can't even get a simple ** cup of water and the poor dog seems in pain **

Edited on 05/26/2012 at 8:32:50 AM PST

Granny_Fish
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Granny_Fish on May 26, 12 9:00 AM
Welcome to the group, Belladonna32! Don't worry about being gone during most of June. If most players have finished by the tine you get back, post anyway. I will keep checking this thread until eeryone has finished.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on May 26, 12 9:29 AM
Yay Gingergal... you made it through the **forest maze**

CfG...Look for the ** frozen kind of water in front of the tavern **.

This game is running hot & cold for me too. I mean I finding it interesting and I like pieces of it, then other times the cluelessness I feel makes me give up for the time being. Taking a lot of breaks.

CfG & gingergal thanks for my congrats on my morph.

Granny_Fish
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Granny_Fish on May 26, 12 9:36 AM
HELP! I've got big time trouble. As some of you know, I/ am severely hard of hearing. I think I am nearly finished with Lapland, but can't move on because I just got to the sound puzzle.

Here's what I need: *** I fixed the steam organ in the shed, but can't hear anything when I press the pedals. I don't know anything about music and obviously can;t identify the notes. I think I know what to do. I know the notes are C, D, E and F and playing them in various combinations will tell Kaira to do things the Station Master has trained her to do. Please, somebody tell me, from left to right which note each pedal plays and, second, from left to right list the notes from quietest to loudest. ***

Edited on 05/26/2012 at 1:17:55 PM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 26, 12 9:42 AM
Yes sunshine I was enjoying it for a bit (once I got past the maze* which by luck I got the 2nd time!) then it was hard puzzle right on top of another hard puzzle. At least one of them you did have recorded notes on you!

I'm going from one extreme to another as just bought TGT lol. When I was doing easy puzzles I reminded myself of this game, so just enjoyed them! Hopefully doing a very easy game will help me with this game tomorrow and I will be ready for it.

Catfish girl in London it was going round checking doors in the museum here in lapland it was going round checking doors in huts!

Go to: