Re:Post any Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by thairishgrl on May 27, 12 11:03 PM
Lauradelenn wrote:I'm nearly at the end of the game, have spliced the three films into one to obtain the film, but didn't grab the cord before I exited that screen. Now when I return to the editing room and that screen, I see the cord but cannot grab it - is there some way to fix this glitch?

The game cannot be completed without the cord, and I'm not about to start all over.....

I am having the same issue, I can't get the cord so I am stuck without being able to finish

Re:Post any Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by VileWoman on May 28, 12 1:30 AM
The cat in my world war scene is partially covered by a wall and there is no reaction when i click on it, anyone got any advice? or is this a glitch that needs fixing?
Just found it, was in too much of a huury!!!

Edited on 05/29/2012 at 1:40:33 AM PST

strilf
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by strilf on May 28, 12 2:21 PM
I've just finished the game on easy mode, and tried to start over on hard mode to get the rest of the achievements. All that happens is that I get the final cutscene again, then the credits and... Back to starting screen.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

/strilf

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on May 29, 12 12:42 PM
strilf wrote:I've just finished the game on easy mode, and tried to start over on hard mode to get the rest of the achievements. All that happens is that I get the final cutscene again, then the credits and... Back to starting screen.

/strilf

HELLO THERE STRILF. I THINK THAT WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO CHANGE YOUR PROFILE AND START THE GAME FROM THE BEGINING WITH HARD MODE ON. GIVE IT A TRY.

marypenn
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by marypenn on May 31, 12 12:41 PM
The strategy guide is not working for me. I am reinstalling to see if that helps.

This worked for me, so far.

Edited on 05/31/2012 at 1:12:31 PM PST

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 1, 12 1:04 AM
strilf, as tammytheo mentioned, restarting in a new player profile should enable you to start over again.

Lauradelenn and thairishgrl, sounds like you might be referring to the electric cable. Have you checked the walkthrough to make sure that you're not missing any steps? You could also try pressing the hint button to see if the game can nudge you into the right direction.

If you feel this is a glitch, you could give uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If the problems continue to persist, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Jun 1, 12 7:16 AM
tammytheo wrote:
strilf wrote:I've just finished the game on easy mode, and tried to start over on hard mode to get the rest of the achievements. All that happens is that I get the final cutscene again, then the credits and... Back to starting screen.

/strilf

HELLO THERE STRILF. I THINK THAT WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO CHANGE YOUR PROFILE AND START THE GAME FROM THE BEGINING WITH HARD MODE ON. GIVE IT A TRY.

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

Re:Post any Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Jun 1, 12 7:18 AM
rlk0045 wrote:
tammytheo wrote:

/strilf

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Jun 1, 12 7:20 AM
If you change your profile the game will not safe your achievements. You will be starting over with the achievements.

Post any Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by cristalla on Jun 1, 12 7:23 AM
bfgRhone wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166"> Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by cristalla on Jun 1, 12 7:32 AM
it seam to play rallenty and some times i have to exit because it freezing. Someone had the same problems?

[Post New]by dorfinannie on Jun 1, 12 8:56 PM
Man, this game crashed my PC Big Time!!! After playing for maybe 20 minutes, The game caused my PC to completely TURN OFF. Not only that, but I had to go thru a windows error recovery process because something happened to the boot sector so the PC could not restart. Not learning my lesson the first time, I tried the game a second time with identical results.

I filnally had to do a system restore to a time 1 week earlier before I purchased the
game.

I have a recent HP computer, running Windows Vista and an ATI Radeon graphics card with a current driver. The Devs need to do some serious memory leakage analysis of this game.

octavia13
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by octavia13 on Jun 2, 12 11:56 AM
I couldn't even get in to the game, kept saying the profile was corrupt and to make new profile. After 4 tries I abandoned it and uninstalled it. Another waste of time.

lovintnt
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Post any Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by lovintnt on Jun 2, 12 3:18 PM
cristalla[color=#cc0202 wrote:*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'[/color]

Why are you saying this? This very clearly IS a technical issue! And you appear to be telling a STAFF member.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 2, 12 4:21 PM
dorfinannie and cristalla,

Freezing and crashing issues can be caused by a few different things. You can try the basic troubleshooting steps on our help article here to see if they may help:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those recommendations aren't helping, please let our Tech Support team know and they can look into that for you.

Hopefully that helps so you can play the game!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by raynerain89 on Jun 5, 12 5:22 PM
I like the game but it keeps crashing my computer and i uninstalled and installed it again but it kept doing it and even changing my profile didn't help. I rarely have trouble with Big Fish games but this is disappointing.

Beadfisher
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Beadfisher on Jun 6, 12 11:32 AM
Cursor issues: I've bought 2 new mice. One handles sluggishly all the time.The Logitech M315 handles beautifully except with Final Cut.

This is the umpteenth game I've had cursor issues with. I've tried going to small screens, I've tried no custom cursor.

This is not just my problem. The computer is not that old, the drivers are updated, and the mouse is new. I cannot tell you how many games I've abandoned at the 12 minute mark when apparently something in Big Fishland swamps all normal controls.

tbcoe
Marlin
Marlin
9,599 Posts

[Post New]by tbcoe on Jun 6, 12 10:29 PM
I just down loaded the trial and was into the game to getting in the house and it crashed my computor completely. I'll just have to delete the game till I see that they have fixed it. Oh, and it still says I have 60 minutes to play still, like I haven't done anything in the game yet.

[Post New]by Nina_C on Jun 22, 12 5:32 PM
I'm having a problem with the fuse puzzle to get into the electrical room. A square in the bottom left won't let me put any wire onto it. I looked at a walkthrough and I have the puzzle completely right except for that square. If I can't put a wire there, I can't complete the puzzle, and I can't move on with the game. Help! Is anyone else having this problem?

[Post New]by Nina_C on Jun 23, 12 12:34 AM
I restarted the game, and now I'm having a different glitch. In the tent interior, I can't pick up the tool to brush the dust away from the bones. I know this is what I need to do, and I've clicked all over.

It's so frustrating to have these glitches on an otherwise great game. At this point, I just want to get refunded my credits.

Go to: