lovetoocraft
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

Freezes up when playing stone tile mini game

[Post New]by lovetoocraft on Jun 5, 12 1:59 PM
I am having the same problem with the game freezing up when I place the stone tile where it belongs which starts the mini game to spin the tiles to match the pattern.

4 times I have had to close out the game when it freezes up (I know, I am a slow learner lol). I restart the game and it freezes up again during the same mini game.

It appears several of you are also having the same problem. I am going to run Dr. Felix and send the problem to tech support.

To bad too. This seems like it was going to be a wonderful game.

EDIT: To get past the stone tile mini game so I could continue the game, I skipped that mini-game althgether. Have been able to proceed to almost the end of the game. Now I am in the greenhouse and cannot pick up the flask of green ferterlizer. Per the WT, I have done all the steps. Does not appear I am frozen because I can back out of the scene and re-enter, but cannot pick up the flask.

Any suggestions?

Edited on 06/05/2012 at 8:27:14 PM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Dimensions: Wax Beauty technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 5, 12 2:15 PM
Butterflyshrimp, white boxes in the display area could be caused by an out of date driver or software program. You can view our help article here with some basic troubleshooting steps you can try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

leescomp, access violation errors can be caused by a few different things. You can view our help article covering those here:

Access Violation

lovetoocraft, I'm sorry to hear that's happening. One thing you can try while you contact our Customer Support team is to uninstall, then reinstall the game. That might help to get that scene working. Here's our help article that covers how to reinstall your game:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

Of course, if any of our help article solutions aren't working, you can always contact our Tech Support team and they'll be happy to assist you.

I hope that helps, and happy gaming!

bfgSeine

AmberKB
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by AmberKB on Jun 7, 12 7:00 PM
Hacksaw error for me as well. I'm off to email tech support.

Really really hope I don't have to uninstall and play the game ALL over again.

muzzasgal
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by muzzasgal on Jun 11, 12 4:17 AM
sunloving wrote:I also encountered the frozen screen while rotating the circular disks - in both the CE and now the SE versions. I can't believe this wasn't corrected once the error was reported in the CE version. I was so hoping to purchase this game as I was really enjoying playing it - loved the graphics, intriguing story, good puzzles, but I can't consider it at all until I know the error has been resolved. Very disappointing and I'll make sure to note this particular developer's future game releases as questionable.

I am having the same issues. Highly disappointed. Thought it was my computer until I checked the letters out! Replacement or refund please!

Edited on 06/11/2012 at 4:19:17 AM PST

[Post New]by Roxannadana on Jun 21, 12 2:50 PM
Almost through with the game, game froze after picking the lock on the box at the entrance to the witch Doctors house. When I tried to retrieve the hacksaw, the game locked up, when I closed it through the task manager I received a message from the game saying the retrieve item function had failed. restarted game, hacksaw was not in my inventory and the box it was originally in was no longer accessable. Cannot continue game without it so am dead in the water.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jun 21, 12 4:20 PM
Hi Fishies,

We definitely want you to have games that are working! If your game isn't working like it should I would definitely recommend uninstalling and reinstalling it. This won't lose your place in the game, but can help if the game isn't responding as it should. (And if you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to do this.

However, if you try this and the game is still giving you trouble then I would get in touch with our Customer Support. They can take a closer look with you, or help you with your purchase as well.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

[Post New]by MirandaGood on Jun 23, 12 6:48 AM
Valdy wrote:Hi Susan...

Don't hit the little Play button on the right, but the large golden one on the left.

Thanks for this very simple solution. I have been having the same problem, and now I don't!

[Post New]by janallen on Jun 28, 12 12:09 PM
Hi I have got to the point where I am meant to add the red and blue tiles to the door (I think its for the greenhouse) Trouble is I have one red and one blue one missing! I have looked at the walkthrough and I'm sure I've got them all. Every time I press the hint button it sends me to the elevator and when I go up and press the hint button again it sends me back down!!! Press it again and I'm back to the elevator!! I'm stuck and really fed up.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jun 29, 12 8:40 AM
I don't remember reading about any glitches with missing tiles (but I didn't read every tech issue post, either.)

It's possible you may have seen a couple of tiles but forgot to actually pick them up. I suggest that you go back to each of the locations shown in the walkthrough and just check to see that you really did collect them all. The hint feature only works if you have something you can do in the immediate area. If what you need to do is in another part of town, it has no way of showing that. Sending you back and forth might be the game's way of saying "you should open this door next, but you don't have everything you need to do it and you need to leave the building to go find it."

dorotha
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by dorotha on Jul 3, 12 9:46 PM
Butterflyshrimp wrote:Love the game so far except: Have passed the Medusa Statue and am up to where you put the letter in the steps. In two different scenes, I have 2-3 solid white boxes of various sizes in the scene. Also have these same white boxes (like white sheets of paper) in the inventory. When I demoed this game, this was not there. Anyone else having this problem?

dorotha
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by dorotha on Jul 3, 12 9:48 PM
I am in the theater and the white boxes are getting bigger. ran the dxdiag. It's fine! So now what?

[Post New]by JennyXS on Jul 18, 12 4:11 PM
The trial version worked fine... but after I bought it I am getting Can't open xml file: config.xml or game.xml gui/cursors/cursors.xml then I get Unknown location: main_menu! I uninstalled and reinstalled... and same thing... Any ideas?

Yanie1020
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Yanie1020 on Sep 30, 12 10:23 AM
Thought it was a great game but I had a key left at the end, with nowhere to use it. Anyone else have this happen? All in all, worth the money.

[Post New]by butterfly98 on Oct 2, 12 12:58 PM
suzy230 wrote:Since I installed it, I can't get past the loading in the beginning before it freezes...I'm really disappointed.
My game will not go past! "Present Day" and i have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it with the same results. Any Ideas?

[Post New]by clarisa57 on Nov 16, 12 10:15 AM
I have been trying to play the game for 2 weeks. Every ten minutes or so it says I have a violation and freezes. I have to restart my computer again. Then I get a little further and it freezes again. I am finally in the Wax museum and am trying to get down the stairs near the boy and it will not go further even when I restart. I have tried your help issues and am completed aggravated since nothing seems to work. I re-installed the game and am going to try again...unless you have some other option for me.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Nov 16, 12 10:26 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are running into some problems with the game freezing or experiencing an access violation error. Our help articles here may provide some useful information when troubleshooting those problems if you'd like to take a look:

Access Violation

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the tips in those help articles aren't working, please let our Tech Support Team know what's happening. Providing details about when the game is freezing or running into an error is hugely helpful for them to figure out the cause of the problems.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on Jan 29, 13 5:31 PM
So far, I have to say, I have not experienced any of the problems mentioned. However, I am having a problem with the sound, which is very weird indeed and in the end I had to turn it right down so I didn't have to listen to it. I hate silent games!

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Feb 6, 13 11:03 AM
While this game was released awhile back, and I did purchase it, I must have done so, with a multiple of others at the same time, and never got around to playing it, until recently. Like others, I to experienced game freezing while doing one of the tile circle puzzles. No matter how many times I restarted the game, the same thing kept happening. I finally had to use the 'skip' button in order to proceed with the game, which is not something I like to do, but I figured, better to skip, then not be able to play the game at all. When I played the demo, all worked well. Hmm, not happy though in having to skip puzzles.

Km___
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Can't seem to add the knife to my inventory to complete the HOS on the bus in the Main Street...

[Post New]by Km___ on Nov 13, 13 4:24 AM
Problem: Can't seem to add the knife to my inventory to complete the HOS on the bus in the Main Street, despite having successfully peeled the apple.

Why can't I add the knife to my inventory? Without doing this, I can't complete the HOS, win the mirror and defeat the Medusa

Each time I try to get the knife, I touch on it and it reacts as thought nee t do something with it, but I've already got the apple peel and the knife itself is the final item I need to complete the HOS, so why when I touch it does not not just automatically add itself to my inventory?

Many thanks.

Km___
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Km___ on Nov 17, 13 11:02 AM
I paid for this game, feeling ripped off

Go to: