Re:Reviews for Tesla's Tower: The Wardenclyffe Mystery

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on May 26, 12 10:10 AM
WAh, finished it...such a really fun game, and really interesting..found myself in wickapedia and britannia a lot. Poor Tesla, seems he got rooked by the powers of the time, and I guess this time. J P Morgan, asnd etc.
I asked the engineer husgand what he knew about Tesla and it was really nothing except "something about electricity"..well, he's a mechanical engineer..big gear-head..
But it s telling that tesla wasn't a by=word of that kind of background. He really got lost in history and this game, and another a month or so ago..really is thoughtful.

The game- ok, so well done. Very thoughtful graphics, well painted..several different styles, No eye-squinting.
Story line..well the over talkative nature of the paragraph shows that the gameplay is really riviting. It's history, its a mystery, its got it all. The real stroy is even more nteresting.
Game play-smooth, flows well. Lots of things to figure out and they are different. The few hidden objects were a relief. But all the "gams" had a reason..electronic this or that..not just stuff tossed in.
Length- really nice length- I was at it about 6 hours off and on. You can't ask for more than that with a non-CE. I almost wish it had come out as a CE and a nice hit of bonus play..I want more info on Tesla, not particulary the bad guy.
A wow of a game, enjoy!
kris

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on May 26, 12 10:30 AM
Great game.. I really am enjoying playing it. It's something different and like the story. Puzzles are great too. The hint seems to reload fast which is a good thing since I seem to get lost a lot. It has a map with story line and goals you have to do. Will be a game I buy that's for sure.. Give this 3 our of 5 stars..

Snookie1100
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Snookie1100 on May 26, 12 12:37 PM
saphhire wrote:I don't have much to say except the opp of Valdy I give this game all my so sorry I don't like this game at all

I"m with you on this one.........way too much dialogue while even though clickable,takes too long for my liking. Also didn't like all the fixing of machines and circuits, etc. I get too antsy doing that kind of work which makes it a chore to play rather then pure enjoyment.
While we do seem to be in the minority here............that's okay.......different strokes for different fins
Off to play another--Happy Memorial Weekend to all and a big thank you for all who serve and have served to keep our country safe and sound.

manitoban
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by manitoban on May 26, 12 2:31 PM
The graphics are very nice, but there is too much script. I have the sound switched off, but the words at the bottom are very distracting. Does it go on forever, I wonder? Or is it only in the begining of the game??? Otherwise, I'm on the fence with this one. Will somebody please shove me over one way, or another?

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 26, 12 2:35 PM

Great game, mostly logical but not too linear.

Nice voices, good relevant dialogue, interesting puzzles.

I really enjoyed it.....THANKS devs and BFG!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 26, 12 4:26 PM
Really liked this game. Demo went by too fast. Challenging enough to keep me interested and wanting more. Very nice graphics, little different story for a change, nice music, very nice game play. HOGs had a few items that were too dark and difficult to see, but mostly good. Games took a bit of thought, but not extremely difficult. Very nice voice-overs and hint system. Liked the fact that you could "click" through most of the dialogue (especially nice if you read faster than they talk).

Definite buy for me, especially with the great sale this weekend. Thanks for the reviews.

hannah233
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by hannah233 on May 26, 12 7:31 PM
how could b.f ever o.k. a game like this & they want us to buy it??????????????/// gimme a break tk goodness i tried 10 mi of the 1 hr, demo goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

unicorn68
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by unicorn68 on May 26, 12 8:50 PM
I bought it because kris_cross48 said he/she played 6 hours on and off... Well I just finished it after 3 hours incl. the 1 hour of the demo and I didnt skip most of the dialogues.
Ive enjoyed it but am a lil disappointed because of the length.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 27, 12 5:03 AM
This game is great. Nice HOS and puzzles. It took me for 5 hours to play. So, it's not to short.

Thanks Devs for a great job.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on May 27, 12 11:14 AM

What a fun game! One of the best for a while. Lots of puzzle solving, plus some H0's for the addicts. And I love the time travel aspect. The hint recharges quickly too....

Highly recommended!

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on May 27, 12 12:21 PM
this game is a GREAT buy for us............doug &lisa

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 27, 12 2:49 PM
Delightful game

The first 20 mins of this game was mostly cutscenes and dialogue and to say it was annoying was an understatement but then I stuck with it and I am very glad I did. I completed the first chapter in 30 mins so thought it would be a short game but it was a good length SE 5-6hrs.

There still is a lot of dialogue which they should have edited and put some in the journal but at least you could skip the voiceover as I read it faster than he talked. It was very interesting the plot and certainly very different about telsa as you time travel to sort out a mistake that resulted in your world being unable to see colours.

There is no choice of gameplay difficulty which results in handholding – on screen goal objectives as well as it recorded in the diary. There were sparkles on H O scenes and slight sparkles throughout on objects. But there was no handholding in puzzles and you could bring up the info if you wanted it, which was lovely to see.

There was 8 different hidden object scenes and all of them were repeated, so you play 16 scenes in all. But most of them weren’t junk pile and were nice to look at, with colour and quite sharp graphics like the whole of the game. There was also two find 12 of ‘x’ scenes.

There were a lot of puzzles and some really old school ones – match pairs, match colour wires, connect the dots, gears etc. You did have to repeat one puzzle four times which I didn’t like (move different switches to combine the right colours in symbols). Most were easy but the repeating one and a couple were about medium difficulty.

Gameplay was on the easy side, backtracking was about minimum for a HOPA. I really enjoyed the settings, especially later with the bright blue sky as it doesn’t stay without colour for that long.

Although nicely concluded, after ‘the end’ there was a suggestion that this could become a series of games and if it does I will certainly be buying the next one.

If they edited the dialogue a lot, didn’t repeat H O scenes or puzzles then my rating would have been higher. (3.5 out of 5)

Edited on 05/27/2012 at 2:50:12 PM PST

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on May 27, 12 7:03 PM
I'm a huge admirer of Tesla but this game is tedious to the max!! What a disappointment. it actually gave me a headache!

Beadfisher
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Beadfisher on May 27, 12 8:39 PM
Blather, blather, blather, After 4 minutes of blather with no hidden objects, I gave up. I don't like Marie, I don't Like Tesla, I don't CARE. Game developers have spent too much time on dialog and animations and too little time figuring out how to get a person to continue playing.

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on May 28, 12 3:22 AM
Very nice game, got it! It runs smoothly fast and clear, very good graphics, fascinating story and cleaver "engeenious" minigames, which I personally love!
How could I have miss this forever deal? I think I will get the final cut CE as well for the honor deal, thanks BFG and dvlps!!!

shark46
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by shark46 on May 28, 12 8:56 AM
Great game less hos scenes than some i could mention more adventure scenes please ordinary hos games have had it with me enjoy everyone

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on May 28, 12 6:54 PM
Well, that was interesting... somewhat different than most games I've played before, but I rather liked it. For a SE, it was long play... I never did get the hang of flipping all the switches in that box thing (for you who have played it you know what I mean)... had to skip those. The HOS were not hard, but the items were cleverly hidden.

This is a great game, different than most, and eludes to a sequel which I will most definitely buy. I truly recommend you at least trial this gem... it will really suck you in!!

Kyasarin
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Kyasarin on May 28, 12 9:32 PM
Sometimes a game comes along that looks good and would probably be a lot of fun, but has one wall-banger that makes me throw my hands up and say no. This is, unfortunately, one of those.

To wit: When the main plot of the game involves a color-free world, don't give me a full-color world and claim it's colorless. It would've been far more interesting to have the game in shades of gray with some very subtle color thrown in here and there. For a h-o game, that would've probably meant a different art style, something with crisper edges would have been in order. But when the narrative keeps harping on how there's no color anymore and I keep seeing colors everywhere, it absolutely ruins my suspension of disbelief. I'm really very disappointed. It feels like the developers were just too lazy to go the distance with their concept.

Also, the dialogue sections were way too talky. If you have to info-dump like that, you probably haven't set up your world well.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 29, 12 12:00 AM
I played the game over several days and very much enjoyed it.

However, I didn't know that I was supposed to be a mechanic, seeing that I had to do a lot of repairs on machines so I could go here, there, and everywhere. I am not keen on games where most of my tasks consist of repairing any kind of machine - throughout the game.

I thought there was a little too much dialogue, but got used to it in the end.

I have been waiting for my character to say "OH... WOW... I SEE COLOURS" when she went back to the past (the hotel where her great-grandfather was lying on the bed), but nothing. Not a single mention how beautiful the colours are. Oh well...

But despite the above, I very much liked the game. I also liked the fact that hidden object scenes were not coming quickly one after the other. A big plus for me.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on May 29, 12 12:36 PM
This has surely been one of the most fun games that I have played all year. I was easily kept interested the entire time, which was pleasantly much longer than I expected, and looked forward to each new chapter.

Having spent an entire career in the industrial sector of business, having to disassemble and repair machinery, drilling holes, bolting parts together, and working on mechanical drawings is second nature to me, so this was very enjoyable.

I grew quite fond of my character's great grandfather Nikola Tesla and was not in the least bothered by what some considered to be too much dialogue. It was like having a comrade with which to converse while traveling through time and overcoming the challenges together. Since my name is very similar to the character's name, I felt like Tesla was speaking right to me.

The puzzles were fun, a few of them challenging, and I was glad I watched through the end of the credits. I hope that little teaser means that there might be a sequel/prequel to this game. I would welcome seeing what happens to both Tesla and the antagonist in another episode, as well as perhaps finding out who Valentina is.

Congrats, Devs, on a great game , and thank you, BFG, for a fun game. I had skipped a couple of puzzles, and am off to play this a second time.

ETA: The only thing I would have changed would be to have a reset button on some of the puzzles... especially the telephone pole puzzle, near the end. That was quite challenging, even the second time around.

Edited on 05/29/2012 at 2:53:51 PM PST

Go to: