Re:Reviews for Burger Bustle: Ellie's Organics

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Jul 2, 12 11:24 PM
I really liked this game. I stopped my demo 20 minutes in to buy it so I wouldn't be interrupted later when my demo ended.

The Good
- Great length and difficulty.
- The theme allowed for a variety of food options and challenges, which kept the game from becoming stale.

The Bad(-ish)
- The story is very standard, but you can skip it or read it at your own pace, so it doesn't interfere much with the game.
- I was surprised that the food options didn't change as the restaurants opened in other countries. Again, not a deal-breaker, but it was a little distracting to me.
- I also felt that sometimes it was difficult to move employees. You had to place them with a bit of precision which was extremely aggravating during a rush. (But since I've yet to see anyone else comment on this, maybe it's just me.)

Overall: B+ ... Super entertaining with cute surprises and good replay value.

[Post New]by StarSeeker1043 on Jul 7, 12 10:41 AM
ChesterPepper79 wrote:
- I also felt that sometimes it was difficult to move employees. You had to place them with a bit of precision which was extremely aggravating during a rush. (But since I've yet to see anyone else comment on this, maybe it's just me.)

No, it's not just you. I too occasionally have trouble placing workers in different spots, but I've found that instead of 'picking them up' and directly placing them down at the station you want them assigned to, you kind of grab them and 'swipe' them over there, almost like you're shoving or shooing them. That seems to be working better than trying to place them directly.

Edited on 07/07/2012 at 10:42:32 AM PST

azerena
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Reviews for Burger Bustle: Ellie's Organics SPOILERS SPOILERS

[Post New]by azerena on Jul 26, 12 9:04 PM
SPOILER ALERT:
I love the game (both 1 and 2) but my biggest question is: why did they have restaurants around the world but still have the same foods. Instead of the same sandwiches used in the first game, it should have had Russian food in Russia, Japanese food in Japan etc. I think the designers missed making a "good" game into a "spectacular" game.
I know I'm posting this later than most people but if anyone is still interested, I figured out how to get the required number of each food when you have to have "x" number of each kind needed for a level. When the level first begins, start making the different foods that are required and immediately place one one the hot sale plate, which will make someone buy it. Keep the foods fixed ahead so as soon as the plate regenerates you can place another on the plate. If you keep placing the special orders on the sale plate you can usually make your quota.

Ali2106
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Ali2106 on Sep 30, 12 12:17 AM
I can't recommend this game enough. Graphics are crisp, dialogue isn't constant enough to drive you mad, simple but logical storyline and the challenge is just right.

I've played this quite a few times over now, the replay value is great. Glad I bought this one

Ali

[Post New]by suzyfloozy77 on Apr 9, 13 10:51 AM
I was having great fun until I got to level 6.1. It seems there is a bug on the iPad version of this game. No one orders the chicken and lettuce sandwich. Very frustrating and it's a shame, as there is no point me playing anymore until they sort a fix. I have played this level for 2 hrs in the hope that I might work through the bug, but there are only so many burgers and sides you can dish out on one level before getting bored! Please fix this game. I paid in full for it and now can't play it to the end

[Post New]by Chellers44 on Sep 8, 13 7:46 PM
Please fix the bug at level 6-1 Japan. Customers won't order the right food to pass the level. Currently can't play any new levels until this is fixed.

[Post New]by StarSeeker1043 on Aug 9, 14 9:28 AM
Despite my earlier review, there are a few things I would change if I'd make a Burger Bustle 3.

1) Enough of the Ellie voiceovers already ("Here is our first customer of the day!" and "Enjoy your meal!" and "We're happy to see you come to OUR restaurant!"). It's annoying and unnecessary. I keep Ellie in the cooking section so she can't speak directly to the customers, but her other babblings still get on my nerves. I kept wanting to tell her "shut the heck up already."

The comments from the customers, however, are awesome, lol. It adds amusement to the game.

2) No more donation boxes. It's unrealistic. I got so sick of dumping my leftover food into that thing that I just stopped doing it, I let the timer run out. And the reason I say it's unrealistic is because restaurants can't technically save leftover food for needy people. Axe the donation box.

3) Make tip collection automatic throughout the entire game, not just when you've met your goal. It's distracting and wastes time, trying to collect tips when you're in the middle of speed-feeding.

4) Different food. Period.

Go to: