jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

Re:Reviews for Spirit Walkers: Curse of the Cypress Witch

[Post New]by jcsgame on May 29, 12 6:03 PM
A thoroughly enjoyable game. Adventure type, but not overly, "pull your hair out" difficult.

I'm a slower player; it took me about 5 hours to complete.

I didn't think there was to much dialogue; depends upon how fast you read.

Looking forward to more games from this Developer, only I do hope the game is longer. I did enjoy the story and the cross between two time-frames.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 29, 12 6:50 PM
Very nice game. Beautiful graphics, very nice game play, music okay but annoying after a while, games not difficult but take some thought and a little time on a couple. Nice hint system. A lot of dialogue, but can click through it. Would have been better if there had been voice-overs on this one. Different story line for a change..very nice.

I liked this one, very fun and kept me wanting more. Demo went by very quickly. Have to see how long this one is, but it is a definite buy for me.

Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 29, 12 8:33 PM
I am not a fast player and this one was little over two hours for me. I was a bit disappointed in the length, as half of the time was spent reading, and waiting for the hints to fill, lol.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on May 30, 12 4:17 AM
This game was not interesting for me and subsequently, no fun as it never seemed to get off the ground. I found it amateurish and I was glad it was so short. I did not like the graphics, very unfinished and childish looking.

It did have a nice story and a good hint/skip button, but I was constantly hitting the hint button, because it was never clear where to go or what to do. That makes a game tedious and it feels like cheating. I like a game where it is possible to see what needs to be done, even if you don't yet have what is needed, not one that is as obscure as this.

Not my cup of tea at all.

HondaTrike
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by HondaTrike on May 30, 12 6:22 AM
I did find one glitch in the game. I'll highlight in case you don't want to know. Not sure if this should go in the technical section. when you go to Makwa's father's tent and have to go to the next dimension with the tripod and the yellow crystal. Once you are in the tent, if you have not picked up the yellow crystal before you entered the tent, and you place the tripod up on the area where it's supposed to go, if you go back out to get the crystal and back into the tent, the tripod is gone. Just completely gone. Fortunately this game company fixed it so you just go back out of the game, go to options, and it has the game saved in all areas you've been playing, so I just had to go back out, reload the last one, and moved right on. You have to take that yellow crystal in the tent and not leave outside or the tripod disappears. Not sure if anyone else will run across this problem.

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on May 30, 12 9:26 AM
Nice clear graphics, good colors, interesting puzzles, different storyline.
But.... just could not get into this game. Not really sure why, but half way thru demo, started getting bored. Not for me, but hey, try it for yourself. As others have said:
"lite adventure style" which will appeal to many.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on May 30, 12 11:18 AM
I don't know....so far, I don't think much of it. I got confused with the story line and confused with the players. Really wasn't sure what to do much of the time. Got tired of using the hint buttom to figure out what to do..

Thanks to all who have posted......

gem in OKC

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on May 30, 12 12:13 PM
we did not care for this game.-----------doug &lisa

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on May 30, 12 7:16 PM
It'd be just wasting my time to play the 15 remaining minutes of the demo.

Strangely, the dialogue is low third grade, but figuring out what to do next required repeated use of the hint button.

Useful items, when found, leap into the tray at the bottom of the screen, but are needed immediately. Why not just be able to pick them up and use them?

One of the girls is a left-over from the '60s named Moonflower who says things like, "As above, so below," and, "Center yourself and the answer will come to you." Urgh!

Summing up in one word: Unsophisticated.

Edited on 05/30/2012 at 9:46:13 PM PST

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jun 2, 12 7:27 AM
Waaaay too much dialog for me...tired of clicking to just get past it all and move on with the game. Only lasted about 10 minutes of doing this. Not a buy for me...graphics were comic book like...basically, this game was boring to the max. I know so many enjoyed it, but definately had no draw for me.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Jun 4, 12 9:07 PM
O.K., let me just start by saying Makwa was by far the best thing in this game!! I thought the graphics were childish, no walkthrough made this game harder than it should have been (for me anyway), and I was just glad to finish and end this more than slightly aggravating game. Thank goodness for the forum and getting help from fellow fishies! I agree that it is nice to have bright sun and forests and all that, and I really am into the whole Native American culture. That was what kept me going (and Makwa!!), but I can't say I really enjoyed myself. It seemed like alot of aggravation for a "simple" kind of game.

feenix

Skrdykat
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Skrdykat on Jun 7, 12 2:33 PM
I absolutely LOVED this game, Makwa, mmmmm....

I hope there are many sequels. This was actually a refreshing, different, completely beautiful and stress-free game. I loved the story and that the story involved 4 women. And anything Native American, loooove.

MORE LIKE THIS PLEASE DEVS!!!

(But I agree on length, a bit short, but maybe that's because I could not stop playing, even to take a break!)

After I was finished I felt like I'd read a great YA novel or seen Whale Rider, just a good-feeling, not-too-difficult fun ride. More please!

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Jun 9, 12 8:34 AM
I agree with the previous reviews. The only additional comment I have to make is you must play it right handed. The mouse won't switch the controls. Since I play as a leftie it makes it more difficult for me to navigate.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Jun 25, 12 11:38 AM
yes I liked this game but it went soooo fast. fab. graphics , music and story but much too short I would love a sequel but a little longer.........more like this please

[Post New]by bernie61 on Jun 28, 12 2:52 PM
clicked on clock wont let me unscrew it

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Sep 30, 12 8:53 PM
(Based on most of the demo): This is a very restful, fairly easy game and I like it a lot. I know some of the dialogue is a bit strange which made me think that perhaps it has been translated to English. But the name "Moonflower" makes me think of the sixties.

This game (so far) is like reading an interesting book. I don't think it will be too taxing on the few grey cells I have. it's just an enjoyable game with very nice graphics (except for the people but I don't see how that can be helped).

It's not great; it's not fantastic; it's not going to replace my current favorite.

But I'm putting it on my list of "To Buy" because it's fun and that's enough reason for me.

Based on what I've played I give it 3 1/2 kitties, rounded up to four:

dogma45
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dogma45 on Jul 17, 13 8:14 PM
this review is as of 7 17 2013 and i have to say that if ya want to read and enjoy a really good adventure type game and play it ..after reading a lot.. it is great!..I totally enjoyed this game even with all the reading..was good!

Go to: