Reviews for Whispers

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

Re:Reviews for Whispers

[Post New]by Jurinne on Jun 10, 13 12:31 AM
(Based on as much of the demo as I could stand playing):

Well, it's BAD. It reminds me of going under for surgery with an incompetent anesthesiologist, kinda weird and misty and getting dark and disembodied voices and seeing people and they're moving their mouths but no words come out and when they stop talking their hair moves a bit and their eyebrows move but nothing else...

I had to shut it down. Awful. Just awful, awful, awful. I think I'm going to have nightmares tonight about being stuck in this game, trying to find 15 playing cards over and over and over...

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

Re:Reviews for Whispers

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jun 10, 13 7:11 PM
Not as bad as most of the reviews would have it, IMHO. It's DIFFERENT. And more than a little quirky, which I like. As a DD, yes, I'll bite. I am, though, known for liking games that everyone else hates, and vice versa.

This is a HOA - no puzzles. Just HOS and adventure. It's linear, and, of course, too many HOS. But the story is quite interesting - and bizarre, and the game mechanics are different - kind of old school. There is a lot of conversation, which is how you find out the story. You can go through it as fast or slow as you like. Some of the cutscenes are quite lovely, and the art is well done - though a lot of scenes are dark.

You have a choice of casual or hard - no sparkles in hard, and the hints are slow. I usually ended up using a hint for each HO scene. The HOS get harder as you go, and are a mix of list and find x number of something.

If you like a weird story-driven HOS and adventure, puzzles not so much, give it a try. You may be surprised.

Edited on 06/10/2013 at 7:13:17 PM PST

Go to: