Re:Post any Amazing Adventures Riddle of the Two Knights™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by sugarmountain on Jun 10, 12 10:22 AM
susieq12 wrote:After completion of the truck puzzle it stays there does not advance to the next stage of the game. Have tried all things outlined in the freeze, crash infor etc. It is acting as if it is in a loop. According to all the checking etc. , that has been completed , it is not the computer.

Problem is with BigFishGames version of the game. Solution is to download demo version from [removed by Moderator] and get past this puzzle. Their version works ok in completing the truck puzzle. Then go back to your paid version. Can't guarantee the rest of the BFG version works right. But there is an obvious problem with it. Both versions seem to be storing game progress in the same location.

It happens again in mission 10 on the cemetery scene puzzle. BFG's version of this game is BAD.

Further info : I found that it happened in ALL of the jigsaw puzzles. Did find a solution that worked ( at least on my computer ). Run the game from the executable instead of from the Game Manager. Was installed in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Amazing Adventures Riddle of the Two Knights
and executable is AmazingAdventures5.exe on my computer ( Windows 7 ).

Edited on 06/13/2012 at 3:22:34 AM PST

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Post any Amazing Adventures Riddle of the Two Knights™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 13, 12 3:29 AM
Hi Fishies,

Next to sugarmountain's suggestion, it may also help to update your Adobe Flash and Shockwave. You can do this by following the steps in the below help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that didn't help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

[Post New]by ryebird on Jun 13, 12 3:43 AM
I updated Adobe and Shockwave and that worked for me. After updating, I did uninstall and reinstall the game. Thanks for the great advice!

[Post New]by ryebird on Jun 13, 12 3:41 PM
Me again! Updating Adobe and Shockwave worked temporarily, but it is timing out again, even when game manager is closed. Wonder what is going on. Don't really think it should be this difficult. A lot of people are having this issue. I have many other games of this type and have never had this problem before. Just about done working on this. Will try one more fix, and if it is still a problem, goodbye game. Get games to relax, not be stressed.

arhay1019
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by arhay1019 on Jun 14, 12 2:44 PM
The puzzle with the truck keeps freezing up with me also. I checked everything and i did the dr felix checkup but how do i send it on to you arhay1019

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 14, 12 3:47 PM
Hi arhay1019,

Once you've run the Dr. Felix report, you can send that to us by contacting our Tech Support team. Some help with attaching the report to your email can be found on this help article here:

Attach a File to Your Email

ryebird, I'm sorry to hear that the Shockwave and Flash updates only helped for a short time. Since that didn't help, I would recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support team so they can have a closer look at that for you.

I hope that helps so you can enjoy the game!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by ryebird on Jun 14, 12 4:38 PM
I did send a Dr Felix report attached to an email. The response I received was to update Adobe and Flash player. I did that. That is the solution that worked temporarily. I deleted the email reply too early, and should have waited a day or two. That was actually what I intended, but got too enthusiastic with the delete button in my email folder.

My biggest disappointment is that I really enjoy the HOG's that are straightforward, and the progression of the game is logical or automatic. I do this to relax, and don't want to have to read directions at 6:00 AM or figure out where to go next or what to go back to. That is one of the things I enjoy about the Amazing Adventure games.

This is my favorite website for games and I always check here first. This site is reliable and well received by my anti-virus software. I do not intend to change my allegiance. I wish there were more less complicated HOGames. This is my relaxation while I wake up with coffee in the morning, and I don't want to have to follow a lot of directions. I just want to play and move on with my day.

Thank you for all the enjoyment you have provided me over the years. I'll still be here. I enjoy many of the match 3 games as well as mahjong games and word games.

Simsane
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Simsane on Jun 20, 12 2:22 AM
In Mission 5, right after the truck jigsaw puzzle is a puzzle where I have to put the items back. I put all the items back that were showing at the bottom but it still said 1 item left. I finally clicked the hint button and it circled a piece of rope but there wasn't any rope (or any items at all) to be able to put back. I finally hit the Skip button as I couldn't figure out how to put back an item that wasn't even there to put back. It said that I lost 10,000 points because I hit skip, but what else was I to do?

[Post New]by MayorBonnie on Jun 20, 12 8:08 AM
I am also having issue with the game. It now will not start after the opening screen and the timing issue is also taking place. I will review your suggestions and go from there. Why now when I'm doing so well LOL Bonnie

[Post New]by MayorBonnie on Jun 21, 12 10:53 AM
I just got and "exception error" message when I tried to play. It says that the program had a run time error.

Has anyone else got this message???

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 21, 12 11:46 AM
Hi MayorBonnie,

Those types of errors can have various causes. One thing I can recommend is to make sure that all drivers and software programs are up to date. You can find some information about that on our help article here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If updating drivers and software programs isn't helping, please let our Tech Support team know so they can look into the problem for you.

I hope they can get you back to having fun with the game soon!

bfgSeine

MaryD1215
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MaryD1215 on Jun 28, 12 4:51 AM
When I tried to load this game my virus program warned me that this program was trying to monitor activity on my computer such as key strokes or passwords. Has anyone else received this message? I 'm afraid to continue even though I trust Big Fish.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 28, 12 11:57 AM
Hi MaryD1215,

You can definitely feel safe with our games as they are tested along with the site every day by McAfee.

Please get in touch with our Tech Support team, so they can see if there's a specific reason your virus program gave you that warning with this particular game. It might be there is another little adjustment that can be made, and everything will be OK.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 06/28/2012 at 11:57:34 AM PST

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jun 29, 12 1:22 PM
To anyone that's stuck on the jigsaw puzzle of the truck
I discovered the following way to fix this in Windows 7:

Right-click on the game's shortcut.
Left-click on "Properties".
Select "Open File Location"
From the menu, select "Organize" and "Folder and search options"
Select the "View" tab.
Left-click beside "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"
Select "OK" to close the menu.
Right-click on the hidden file "AmazingAdventures5" inside the folder.
Left-click on "Properties"
Select the "Compatibility" tab.
Left-click to place a check mark in the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
Then select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" from the drop-down menu.
Select "Ok" and close the folder.
Play the game!

Bexa
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Bexa on Jul 14, 12 11:54 AM
Mouse Controls....Horrible....my mouse is sluggish and barely moves. as soon as I leave the game it's perfect. WTH?

TracyS123
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by TracyS123 on Jul 15, 12 3:22 AM
allyemmerson wrote:This is weird but its timing itself out even when i dont have the game running. i coulndt understand why i was getting timed out of levels ( just doesnt happen to me ) . anyway - i finished a level, the new level started and i decided to come out of the game for 30 minutes while i did something else. ( closed down games manager ). gone back into it and its says i only have 6 mins left

any thoughts ?

Interesting. I just posted something about unrealistic time limits. I thought it was giving me less and less amount of time to complete the missions so I switched to relaxed mode. I like playing with the timer so I didn't want to do that. Now I see what the problem is! I don't want to reinstall the game and start over as I am already on mission 14. I guess I'll just have to deal with it. Sounds like Big Fish has some problems with this game!

-Tracy

[Post New]by cortana119 on Aug 12, 12 7:45 PM
MarkAlan wrote:To anyone that's stuck on the jigsaw puzzle of the truck
I discovered the following way to fix this in Windows 7:

Right-click on the game's shortcut.
Left-click on "Properties".
Select "Open File Location"
From the menu, select "Organize" and "Folder and search options"
Select the "View" tab.
Left-click beside "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"
Select "OK" to close the menu.
Right-click on the hidden file "AmazingAdventures5" inside the folder.
Left-click on "Properties"
Select the "Compatibility" tab.
Left-click to place a check mark in the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
Then select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" from the drop-down menu.
Select "Ok" and close the folder.
Play the game!

Works like a charm so far...I haven't gotten to 10 yet where others are having the problem as well.

Thanks

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Aug 16, 12 1:24 PM
MarkAlan:
Thank you! I was getting frustrated when none of the fixes were working. Yours did the job. I greatly appreciate your input.

Amazing that any game produced today requires running with such an old compatibility. LOL

sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on Aug 26, 12 8:18 AM
it seems to me that everybody is having the same problems. including me. i think i am up to mission 10 also, and when i try to bring it up, it just freezes the screen. i have to hit a button on my keyboard to get out. just looks to me like there is an issue with the game that need to be fixed.

sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on Aug 29, 12 7:24 PM
So, since this is now the end of August and most of these posts started in June, I am guessing there is no fix for this game. I wasted money for this game since there is not fix for it. That disappoints me greatly since it appears it is a problem with Big Fish and not anything we are doing.

Go to: