Re:The Broken Clues - Released on February 02, 2009

[Post New]by cutiepie101155 on Feb 2, 09 4:18 AM
i put the game on my pc and it froze up..not once but twice...won't go any farther...it needs lots of work on it...looks like it would be a good game if it worked

adec
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by adec on Feb 2, 09 4:29 AM
I try to be constructive with my comments, but this time I give in. This game is seriously bad! The English is terrible, hidden objects are often too small/indistinct to identify from the sometimes dubious descriptions, as are the differences in the 2 pictures, and the format of the game is so boring.

Definitely not up to BFG's usual high standards

sanny1
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by sanny1 on Feb 2, 09 4:48 AM
I agree, this was the worst game I have played, could not see most of the items. Will not be buying it

[Post New]by Sharkibark on Feb 2, 09 4:56 AM
WORST HIDDEN OBJECT GAME EVER!

The dev's seem to think that by making the objects tiny, blurry and unrecognizable (one object was a "toaster" and even after I used the hint, the object shown looked NOTHING like any toaster from planet earth!) that they are creating a "challenge."

The game was so bad, I still have 34 minutes in the demo - and will delete it rather than continue play. A challenge is one thing - a stupid, frustrating and impossible game is just not fun at all.

On the "find the differences" style play - again, even after I'd used a hint - I was not able to see what the difference actually WAS! (In this case, the bedroom scene and apparently it was something to do with the maid's mop-head, but I couldn't see it for the life of me even after it was highlighted.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 2, 09 5:34 AM
It won't play on my computer, either. I get an outline of the screen and nothing happens. Task manager says Broken Clues "isn't responding". Downloaded it yesterday, and uninstalled. Tried again this morning and the same thing happened. But from the comments here, looks like I won't be missing much.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 2, 09 6:30 AM
To read more comments that were make by game club members about this game you can go to these two topics.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/21104.page

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/21135.page

aztricia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by aztricia on Feb 2, 09 6:40 AM
suze14 wrote:cannot get game to play downloaded twice and each time its a black screen and wont let me close it either as game wont respond can anyone help, there are a few of us with same problem

same here...after reading the negative post...i give up...just deleted the game. finally got the task mgr to close it ...thought i was going to have totally power down the pc. i'm also having problems like i had during the holidays...continuous download interruptions...getting to be very frustrating.

[Post New]by scoobie8568 on Feb 2, 09 6:45 AM
Tried to get this game to download twice and both times came up with corrupt file....Now I have trash on my computer and cannot get it cleaned up. When it downloaded and I tried to play it, I came up with half black screen, half checkerboard.....

Pinkbudgie
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Pinkbudgie on Feb 2, 09 6:52 AM
Those who can't get the game to play are lucky. What a crummy game! FIrst off, the English was wrong. I hate that in a game. But even worse, I'm pretty good at HO games but I kept running out of time! The objects are not clear. When I used the hint to find the football in the bedroom it looked nothing like a football! This is certainly no MCF! I played for 15 min and that is enough. I gave up when I failed to spot all the differences in the bedroom.

Helsue
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Helsue on Feb 2, 09 7:00 AM
This has got to be the worst HOG I have ever come across - I have just uninstalled after only playing for 15 minutes!!

luckywife
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by luckywife on Feb 2, 09 7:14 AM
I wish I could properly put into words how terrible this game truly is, but BF doesn't allow that kind of language here! So I will just say this, really, really, ******* terrible!

trembly6
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by trembly6 on Feb 2, 09 7:26 AM
Just played about 30 minutes of the 1 hour trial. HATE it. The music is terrible and the items were very hard to find, and don't even get me started on the spot the difference scenes. Where's the asprin. I can truely say that this one was the worst game I ever got from BFG. Glad I did not purchase it.

[Post New]by holycowharry on Feb 2, 09 7:27 AM
Annoying game...I wouldn't buy this even if it was 'free'.

jackinin
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jackinin on Feb 2, 09 7:31 AM
after loading it yesterday and having to shut down my computor to get it of the screen.which was all stripy colours , i have tried again today, Not only did it take 10mins to appear on the screen properly.It was very slow,Yes i do agree the items are far to small to see.i thought I was getting on very well cos I found all the letter pieces with no probs Then the spot the difference .Got the first one, mop head different colour, then it stopped working.So untill BG get their act together and from reading other peeps reports This game is going in the bin....BG take note

[Post New]by venusshines2000 on Feb 2, 09 7:32 AM
I too am a hugh HO fan..but without question..this is the worse game I have ever tried to play. Even with a magnifying glass..I failed many times to find the hidden objects..especially in the spot the difference scenes. My main issue though was the fact that I could not control my cursor..it "floated" making this game so undesirable to play that I deleted the demo with 32 minutes left. I would never give up on BF for one little mistake though I love this site and will continue to play as long as they are here.

bfogc
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by bfogc on Feb 2, 09 7:47 AM
This is one of the worst,boring and hard on the eyes HOG game I ever played.I downloaded the trial and played for 5 minutes before I uninstalled it!

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on Feb 2, 09 8:01 AM
THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE WORST HOB GAME BIG FISH HAS EVER RELEASED.
I only lasted 10 mins, before I uninstalled.

[Post New]by mom23bbg on Feb 2, 09 8:04 AM
I completely agree, I tried downloading it twice and ended up having to power off the machine once and finally got it to shut down the second time. I am just deleting it and not even going to try again. It isn't worth the time and trouble

[Post New]by smileywaveygirl on Feb 2, 09 8:09 AM
The worst hidden object game I have ever played.

Dawspaws
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Dawspaws on Feb 2, 09 8:10 AM
I'm a big fan of HOG and usually buy all that is offered. I have to say though, I passed on this one. I think it is just awful and wouldn't waste my money. It sounded good at first, but once I tried a sample it didn't take me long to change my mind. Two final words --- "it stinks".

Go to: