[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jun 3, 12 2:51 PM

Edited on 06/07/2012 at 9:53:06 AM PST

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

Re:Reviews for Time Chronicles: The Missing Mona Lisa

[Post New]by dippydebby on Jun 3, 12 3:53 PM
Oh, why are there so many grumpy pants out there? Its a straight hog, but refreshing from the the point of not having to retrace your steps to find something , or going forward for ten minutes and still not knowing what to do, chill out!
The timer is not there for very long, and I Im enjoying it

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Jun 3, 12 4:18 PM

Edited on 06/07/2012 at 9:53:28 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 3, 12 4:27 PM

Edited on 06/07/2012 at 9:54:22 AM PST

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jun 3, 12 5:28 PM
Nuf said. I spend 5 minutes on this game when I sadly realized it was a straight, boring HOG. Sorry, but I dislike the occassional HOG scene in most of the CE and SE games. If you like boring games and really get into looking for items in junk piles, this is the game for you. What a bore!

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Jun 3, 12 5:46 PM
Wow if the devs had spent half the time on the GAME that they spent on endless tutorial text boxes it might have been a good game!!! But as it is... OMG. What a waste of space and time this one is. Junkpile after junkpile scene and even worse you have to repeat scenes under the guise of time travel. (Which is just a way for devs to justify creating fewer scenes in this game.) If you like blank background with tons of generic graphics pasted in places all over the screen then you'll love this game... if you actually want to play a game then skip this... this... this... I don't even know what to call it because "game" is an insult to real games.

I always go to options first and in this case it gives you an optional tutorial which I turned OFF but apparently the devs think we are STUPID as they felt the need to explain everything anyway. Oh and did you know that the list at the bottom was of items we needed to click on?! ... gee thanks devs... I didn't know that in a hidden object game I would need to look for *gasp* hidden objects!!

It's so funny... they explained everything... even the meaning of green/yellow/red... green means go, yellow means slow, and red means stop stop stop It felt like I was trapped in a bad kindergarten class.

There are some really nice straight hogs available for those that like them and also some really nice in between games for those looking to move into ihogs or hopas but sadly this isn't good for either group. Save your money and pass on this stinker.

PS: For someone who said this isn't junkpile... yeah, unfortunately it is... junkpile means basically that if this was real life and not a game that you open up a door to any generic room in the world and toss in a whole bag full of random objects that landed everywhere... oranges on the roof... pencils on the wall... etc etc etc... and then search for a random list of those objects and call it fun. (It also happens to be the CHEAPEST way to make a game. LOL)

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Jun 3, 12 6:24 PM
I didn't have any trouble clicking on a object not once did I misclick did it on purpose then found out what peeps are talking about the item hides behind an other item and its becomes hard to pick it up but I didn't have any trouble at all until I did it on purpose I've played other games in which the items are way smaller then these the only trouble I had was with their wording of an item example diving suit diving vest black camera there's 5 of them book looks like a wallet etc so the wording could of been done better and if misclicked then don't let the item move behind something else............................but I agree with everyone one else about it being all HO's and the puzzles being simple......................so I am spoiled with the interactive HO's makes it more fun to play now a straight HO's with interactive HO's now that I would buy.................................some improvment is needed in this game..................hope everyone had a nice weekend............

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 4, 12 3:53 AM
this is a NO buy for us.--------doug & lisa

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jun 4, 12 12:51 PM
I know people hate timed games - I'm usually one of them. However, I played this game for the whole trial and got gold on every level with no issue with the timer.

Firstly, you are only timed in each location for the first 10 or 20 objects (there are 30 to find in each), after that you can take all day to find the other 10 or 20 - there is no timer active. It seems I was timed on the first 10 for each location in both the past and present. The final 10 are not timed at all. Sometimes, the final 20, if you have to find them all at once.

Secondly, the timer gave you quite a bit of time, though I'm not sure at what point you lose "gold" status and drop to silver. I never had to take that much time.

Lastly, when you pause the game, you can still see the list of items and most of the screen. I've used this for years to get past timers in HOGs. Just pause, look at the list, find some items, then resume the game and click on the ones you found. Repeat until you find them all. A few might be behind the pause window, but once you knock off the others, you'll have plenty of time to find those few.

As far as skipping the tutorial, you probably don't want to the first time you play, as it explains how to get to the past, use the map, advance levels, etc. Yes, some of it is pretty obvious, but some of the info in the tutorial is actually needed, if you want to have a clue what you're supposed to be doing because of the present/past thing. After you go through the tutorial once, you can go to Options and turn it off.

This isn't the greatest game I've ever played, but certainly not the worst. If you like straight up HOGs, you'll probably like it. I don't use hints when I play "for real" after I buy, but I usually test them in the trial. The hint system is good and you can choose hard or casual mode. In casual, there is no click penalty and the hints recharge quickly.

The only real drawback I had in gameplay is that you have to be very accurate where you click on an item or it won't "take" and some of them are pretty small. Also, there may be several items that match the object list, but only certain items are "correct", so I did get the click penalty a few times.

I don't think I'll buy now, but I might as a DD.

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by dippydebby on Jun 4, 12 5:37 PM
Well, I liked it

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Jun 4, 12 10:02 PM
Hated it!

I played the first 2 countries before I decided that maybe pulling my broken tooth, without knowledge or anesthesia, may not only be a better use of my time, but also a heck more fun. Cluttered masses of junk, the first scene had me looking for a specific kind of camera. There were about 7 million cameras in the scene, 4 of which fit the description. The actual one, did not. There was a lot of this in these junkpile scenes. I've come to learn that I loathe HOG scenes with items out of proportion (i.e., a giant insect, but a minuscule surfboard) and this game was littered with such inanity.

I uninstalled immediately and came back to the site to see when it was released, expecting to see 2007 on the forum post. Imagine my surprise when I realized this was given to us today.

Edited on 06/06/2012 at 9:21:54 AM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Jun 5, 12 5:04 AM
I find it interesting that the first person to give this game a positive review was immediately "jumped on" and told that people have the right to give a negative review! Sorry, but people also have the right to give a positive review! Those of us who give a positive review don't take it as a personal insult that other players don't like the game, we just have different tastes.

Always try for yourself, then give a negative or positive review but please don't get upset if everyone doesn't agree with you.

This game is a straight HOG, and doesn't advertise as being anything else. As a straight HOG it's not too bad, it just doesn't have the interesting storyline that HOPAs have. It's pretty easy to tell on the download page whether a game is likely to be a simple HOG, because those do not have Walkthroughs. Simple HOGs are NOT for everyone, but some of us do appreciate them as an alternative to the double-priced CEs.

I played 55 minutes, and only stopped then because I try not to run the demo time completely out - I've had a few issues on other games in the past, where they lock and you need to uninstall and reinstall if you've used the entire demo. So my review is based on nearly the entire demo.

I only found two items early in the demo that I had trouble clicking on the "sweet spot" so either I got lucky or the further you played, the less problems there were with small click zones. I do agree that there were two red helmets, but I can't understand the problem a lot of people seemed to have with the cameras - yes, there were several cameras in the first scene, but the two that were asked for in my list were a Brownie camera, which is a plain box camera, and a 35MM SLR, both of which were easily distinguished from the other cameras in the scene. About a half hour into the demo there was another scene with several cameras on the list, but again they were identified as a bellows camera, black camera, etc. and were easily distinguished from the other cameras in the scene.

For a straight HOG this isn't bad, but not as great as the Amazing Adventure series - in my opinion, nobody beats **** for straight HOGs. If you take your time you shouldn't need the hint too often, but there are a few very tiny objects in most lists. I personally hate timers, but this one is very generous so I managed to get the Gold star on every level I played.

IF you like straight HOGs, give it a try. If you prefer the Adventure aspects of a HOPA, you'll probably hate this game.

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Jun 6, 12 9:25 AM

Edited on 06/07/2012 at 9:55:16 AM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 7, 12 10:00 AM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to swim in here and remind you that this thread is reserved for reviews of the game itself as per our proactive reminder.

While we definitely can appreciate a discussion of the different types of hidden object and/or adventure games, those sort of comments are better suited to a thread that's focused on that question. We want other Fishies to be able to come here and find info about this particular game easily.

I also want to remind you all of our other Forum rule:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish Games employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

We want everyone to feel comfortable sharing their opinions of our games in the Pond. Please help us make sure the environment here fosters that.

I'm going to be going through this thread now to edit posts that aren't in line with either of those guidelines. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Thank you,

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by stitchdesigner5 on Jun 14, 12 12:48 PM
My demo timer says I have 28 minutes left. I've used 32. I actually played the game for 2 minutes. To say that this game is slow and unnecessarily wordy is like describing the Grand Canyon as a hole in the ground. Is this by any chance an HdO game? Just asking, 'coz it sure looks like one.

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Oct 3, 12 12:24 AM
There's no point to this, unfortunately. Devs did not pursue advantage of moving to different areas of the globe in different points of time . . . gee, Dubrovnik in 1500 AD had skateboards and electric hair dryers, among tons of other junk? Ancient Egypt had roller skates? etc., etc., etc. And please don't suggest this for kids! They deserve way better. This is a very poorly conceived-and-executed game from the Way-Back Machine (pre-2003, say). Why on earth would BF offer this?? So, in a nutshell: Avoid like the plague.

Edited on 10/03/2012 at 12:25:56 AM PST

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Jun 11, 13 10:16 PM
Sheerija wrote:"How do I hate thee, let me count the ways".

Thou art boring. Thou hast terrible graphics. Thou hast junk piles. Thou hast small, indistinct objects. Thou art repetitious. Thou hast puzzles we could do in our sleep. Thou art so boring thee ought to be ashamed of thyself. Thou art, without a doubt, a terrible excuse for a game.

With all the time, effort, money, man-power that it takes to make a game, why would any self-respecting dev offer up this disaster of a game and expect to make money out of it?

My 6 year old granddaughter would scoff at this. In fact, she's coming round this afternoon. I'll post her scoffs.

This post is from almost a year ago but it presents my thoughts about this awful, awful, AWFUL game in a way that made me laugh. It almost made playing part of the demo worthwhile.

Almost.

Send this stinker of a game back in time - way back in time!

Edited on 06/11/2013 at 10:17:42 PM PST

[Post New]by lady_elzbet on Jun 12, 13 11:41 AM
I spent 5 minutes looking for "hedges" before taking the hint and finding out what the game really wanted was pruning scissors. Every level i played was like that the list included "boot" but there were 5-6 different boots, pairs singles, black green brown but what it really wanted was a dingy, tiny little Christmas stocking. I own every hog bigfish has to offer and this will be the one that got away. They couldn't give this one to me and make me play it. Horrible!

Go to: