KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

Re:Reviews for Coronation Street: Mystery of the Missing Hotpot Recipe

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Jun 4, 12 10:42 AM
Can ANY game really be as bad as all the above reviews indicate? Yes it can!

I've always believed in "different strokes for different folks" and check games for myself. I demo'd this game and I learned my lesson. Next time I see this many reviews in the negative without a single positive - it's time to move on and not waste my time.

[Post New]by Desira on Jun 4, 12 11:07 AM
[b][i] Im relieved to see I am not only one that was SHOCKED at how bad this game is. HUGE YAWN and horrible graphics. DO NOT BUY. Bring on more time management games! Wayyy to many search games and not well thought out.

silverfiesta
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by silverfiesta on Jun 4, 12 11:27 AM
Gotta' say I agree with all the reviews - I would be ashamed to have my name associated with something this bad - I would also love to know just how much money was lost on this endeavor - a waste of time in every respect.

TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Jun 4, 12 12:25 PM
The best thing about this game is that I had to replay Return to Ravenhearst which I actually like better the second time around.

Edited on 06/04/2012 at 12:25:49 PM PST

pilimai729
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by pilimai729 on Jun 4, 12 12:55 PM
Less than 15 minutes into the game, my eyes are shot, and I have a headache. I don't mind straight HOs, but would like to see what I'm looking for.

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Jun 4, 12 1:32 PM
Well.

I am one of the biggest Corrie fans out. I've watched it right from the very first episode. This game is so dreadful it nearly put me off ever watching it again!!

I've deleted the game - wouldn't buy it even as a DD - and I'll stick with the programme, thanks!!

rogerscove
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by rogerscove on Jun 4, 12 2:12 PM
I too am a faithful Corrie fan; I live in Canada and we get it several months later than it actually airs in the UK. I rarely miss an episode. I decided to try the demo and after 15 minutes, I cannot find the first piece of the recipe. I completely agree with all the other posts - this is possibly the worst game I've tried. It's an insult to the beloved Soap which has aired since the 1960's. Shame on the devs who put this together - was there any attempt at all on your part to make it appealing?

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jun 4, 12 2:54 PM
well after 25 minutes i deleted this terrible awful game so sorry DEV's better luck next time I want even buy it as a DD..

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jun 4, 12 4:56 PM
If I were a producer of Coronation Street I'd want this game pulled and all evidence of it's existence incinerated.

Annie 1115 LOL. I never laughed so much as reading this statement. So true, so true. Did the really think this was going to sell? Makes ya wonder

Lavender101
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Lavender101 on Jun 4, 12 5:00 PM
I endured it for the full hour.

Pros: Quite possibly an effective cure for insomnia. All I want to do now is sleep.

Cons: Overly cluttered Junk pile scenes with almost invisible objects blended in to the background. Many identical objects in each scene. Many mis-spelled words.

Wow, that's all my pet peeves in one game! I didn't think that was possible.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Jun 4, 12 5:02 PM
This is a first for me. I have never seen a unanimous panning of a game before. And this is a TGT?

Thanks, fishies, for saving me the trouble of even downloading the demo!

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 4, 12 5:19 PM
this is a NO buy for us.--------doug & lisa

jkjmd03
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by jkjmd03 on Jun 4, 12 6:20 PM
thank God for all of the reviews...I won't even waste my time...BFG thats two crappy games in a row....

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Jun 4, 12 9:05 PM
Big Corrie fan as well (glad Frank is dead in Cnd). So happy when I saw the game title, so disappointed to read this is so terrible.

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Jun 4, 12 9:44 PM
I played the first HOG scene and the first ridiculously easy puzzle and then uninstalled it. Boring dialog that goes on too long, embarrassingly bad HOG scenes reminiscent of 5 years ago, just bad all around. Most games I play that are based on TV shows/movies are pretty atrocious. Not one of them make me want to go watch the TV show/movie. This game takes the cake. It made me want to burn my TV, laptop and torch my BFG and Netflix memberships.

Sheila155
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Sheila155 on Jun 5, 12 4:29 AM
As a HUGE Corrie fan----watched it since episode 1 way back in the 60's!-----I was sooooooo looking forward to playing this! Alas, I only lasted 10 mins and gave up. What possessed the devs to think that this was going to be acceptable? Do they think because it's Corrie people will love it and buy it anyway?
The game play is so old with it's junk piles in the hos, and the VERY simple mini games that I came across in my 10 mins did nothing to encourage me to continue.
I'm sure this theme could have been developed into a worthwhile game by spending a little more time and a bit more money on it!
All in all, the game just embarrassed me as a Corrie fan!

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Jun 5, 12 4:54 AM
Terrible game! The objects are so small, I actually had to put my reading glasses on and lean over my desk to try and find them. Talk about a headache! No thanks..I'll stick with everyone else and pass.

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Jun 5, 12 5:46 AM
Sheila155 wrote:Do they think because it's Corrie people will love it and buy it anyway?

I think that is EXACTLY what they thought!! I know I nearly bought it without trying it, purely because it was 'Corrie'. Thank God I didn't!

I can't help wondering if Corrie's producers actually know that this game exists. I'm going to write to them and ask them. If they don't, maybe they can claim copyright infringement and get the game pulled.

Edited to add: I've just written to the ITV. If anyone else wants to, the e-mail address is: viewerservices@itv.com

Edited on 06/05/2012 at 6:05:24 AM PST

Sheila155
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Sheila155 on Jun 5, 12 10:35 AM
Thanks for that Kamali! I'm off to email them now!

eenybeanie
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by eenybeanie on Jun 5, 12 12:46 PM
I don't even mind straight Hidden Object games, but this was awful!!

Go to: