Re:Comments for Coronation Street: Mystery of the Missing Hotpot Recipe

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 4, 12 7:16 AM
mhatfie wrote:Now that someone has scraped the bottom of the barrel, it can only get better from here..................right?
Let hope so!!!

darksprires
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by darksprires on Jun 4, 12 7:16 AM

I'm on the US side of the pond but live close to Canada and we can pick up Coronation Street here.
Indeed, we Canadians love Coronation Street !
Agree 100% with your comments on the game, too. Sad...

Speak for yourself. I don't know any fellow Canadians who like this show and I have friends from many Provinces. Certainly Albertans in general aren't going to bust a gut to watch this morbid moaning show. Maybe the few Brit expats enjoy the glum, and good for them. It is nice they have something they remember from their former home.

luvmigame
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by luvmigame on Jun 4, 12 9:37 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
mhatfie wrote:Now that someone has scraped the bottom of the barrel, it can only get better from here..................right?
Let hope so!!!

Maybe, but that's what I thought yesterday.

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Jun 4, 12 9:37 AM
Poor old Betty will be turning in her grave!

Positively dire!

Jo

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Jun 4, 12 10:03 AM
I'll pass.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Jun 4, 12 4:38 PM
Wow! When I first read about this game - way back last year sometime, it was being offered on disc by a company that has released quite a few games that sells. As I couldn't demo it, I decided to wait and see if it came here. I am soooo glad I did. I watched the video demo and decided against downloading. This morning I read the reviews - ouch! Definitely a No-Try / Buy for me

Completely off topic, I have just been watching my at the window. One was behind the blind (on the sill) and the other was on the top of the couch and they were batting at each other through the blind! Very funny

Back to topic - I have to wonder why game devs still think a static photo of the characters is sufficient for making a fun game - it isn't - not anymore.

I also wonder how much control (if any) the Coronation Street production company had over the game? Of course if they are not HOG players themselves, that might explain why this one is so bad, lol.

Jen

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Jun 4, 12 9:31 PM
I just want to thank all the fishies out there for their opinions and feedback that are so helpful in deciding to try or buy a game out there. Ofcourse everyone's opinion is different, but in a case such as this, it really is helpful as to whether one would waste their time trying a game as evidently bad as this!! Big Fish has really come up with a wonderful concept where fellow fishies and reviewers can communicate and share opinions. I have been a "fishie" for only five years, but I truly appreciate what we have here. I usually make up my own mind about a game as to whether I like it or not, but this is a good example of what these reviews can accomplish.

feenix

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Jun 5, 12 6:08 AM
Bad...Bad...so sad...
HOS should not include looking for shadows

I tried..honestly I did but

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Jun 5, 12 11:14 AM
I will usually try a game if it has at least one good review. This must be the absolutely worst game Big Fish has ever offered. I did not see even one review or comment that would make me even maybe want to try the game. When I read reviews and comments that say the game should be incinerated and the best part of the game is the exit or uninstall button and no lone likes the game at all then I won't waste my hard drive space.

Although I didn't even try the game, I think it might be and make me

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Jun 5, 12 1:53 PM
Good grief! This is just an awful game. Two days with no game to play, I'm so disappointed. Where are these coming from? Someone cleaning out the trash pile?

hezzak
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by hezzak on Jun 5, 12 3:33 PM
I'm a Brit living in the US and LOVE Corrie. But .... this game was truly terrible! I stuck through the free trial just to see the characters and hear the music. Terrible.

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Jun 5, 12 4:27 PM
After greymer's comment in Chit Chat Corner the other day with a fake joking game title of "Aunt Martha solves The Mystery of the Missing Potholder" I nearly fell over laughing when I saw a new game with a similarly funny title. Gave me a smile. At least something did, as the game apparently wouldn't have. Not to mention it's not really even a new game.

On the topic of the title though...I'm a little confused (maybe because I'm not a Corrie watcher) but a hotpot is a sort of Asian fondue-type dish/meal usually. However, the picture for the game shows what appears to be a dish of scalloped potatoes or perhaps an apple tart (it's so small it's a bit hard to tell but it's in a ceramic tart-type dish). How does the picture and the word hotpot make sense? Does it make sense to someone who watches the show or played the game?

Lavender101
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Lavender101 on Jun 6, 12 6:59 AM
OrionsRose wrote:
On the topic of the title though...I'm a little confused (maybe because I'm not a Corrie watcher) but a hotpot is a sort of Asian fondue-type dish/meal usually. However, the picture for the game shows what appears to be a dish of scalloped potatoes or perhaps an apple tart (it's so small it's a bit hard to tell but it's in a ceramic tart-type dish). How does the picture and the word hotpot make sense? Does it make sense to someone who watches the show or played the game?

Lancashire Hot-Pot

1 1/2 lbs/675g lamb chops
2 lamb's kidneys
1 large onion
6 large potatoes
1 tsp curry powder
salt and pepper
3/4 pint/350ml/1 3/4 cups stock

Skin, core and thickly slice the kidneys. Peel and slice the onion and potatoes. Using a large casserole dish arrange the chops, kidneys and onions in layers. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with the curry powder, and cover with stock. Arrange the potato slices, slightly overlapping on top. Cover the the casserole and bake for 2 hours at gas mark 4, 350 F, 180 C, removing the lid for the last 30 minutes to brown the potatoes.

[Post New]by melons57 on Jun 6, 12 8:23 AM
well i couldn't get the game to work even after 2 attempts of downloading and now i have read the reviews i am glad i unstalled it without playing it.

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Jun 7, 12 12:07 PM
So this is the recipe from the show/game then or just one that fits the concept? Thanks for helping me understand that there is more than one type of hotpot Lavender. But yikes, with kidneys and curry I'm almost sorry I asked!

Lavender101
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Lavender101 on Jun 7, 12 2:49 PM
OrionsRose wrote:So this is the recipe from the show/game then or just one that fits the concept? Thanks for helping me understand that there is more than one type of hotpot Lavender. But yikes, with kidneys and curry I'm almost sorry I asked!

I don't know if the game has a recipe because I sure as heck wasn't going play it long enough to find out. I got this one out my English cook book. I can tell it is similiar because of the potatoes on top. I was merely hoping to answer your question as to what "hotpot" is.

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Jun 7, 12 3:17 PM
The picture does look like what the recipe sounds like, I agree! And no, you're right, I don't think you or anyone else is going to play this one long enough to find out so it's good you had an existing recipe to educate me with.

[Post New]by DarkForestFaerie on Jul 8, 12 9:22 AM
LadyLark wrote:Maybe they held onto it for a year awaiting the Queen's Diamond Jubilee to release in her honor. We are not amused and send to the tower to cool his fins 'til he comes to his senses! Keep this up and it's into the hotpot with him.

The most entertaining part of this game was reading the reviews. Sorry, BigFish, but even you've got to admit, that was pretty funny.

Go to: