x2kul
Shark
Shark
10,424 Posts

Re:Reviews for Running Sheep: Tiny Worlds

[Post New]by x2kul on Jun 7, 12 7:30 PM

If it wasn't timed, what's the point? JMHO

Adorable game, that I can only play a few levels at a time, as I MUST get 1st Place (purple) on a level before I will play the next.

250 levels! Awesome!

Just pay attention to how many arrows you have, and undo any as soon as you don't need them anymore.

I just love games that will take hours and days (and weeks?) to finish!!!

AmberKB
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by AmberKB on Jun 9, 12 10:32 AM
I got to level 3 and gave up. Trying to navigate with those arrows just killed me! I liked the Sheep's Quest, where you could just click on the arrow, and it would rotate.

This manually rotating thing is NOT fun at all.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Jun 10, 12 12:40 AM
AmberKB wrote:I got to level 3 and gave up. Trying to navigate with those arrows just killed me! I liked the Sheep's Quest, where you could just click on the arrow, and it would rotate.

This manually rotating thing is NOT fun at all.

I felt very very much like you do, but I played on a bit. You get used to it fairly quickly and it's an advantage in some instances because it's faster.

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Jun 13, 12 1:46 AM
I was excited when I saw this game since I loved the robot in Azada..but trying to turn those arrows is a pain! And no relaxed mode? I'm passing on this one too, durn.

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Nov 10, 12 2:36 PM
Once you get the hang of it this is actually a wonderful, addictive little game.
That said, getting the hang of it had me cursing a lot for a while because turning the arrows was difficult until, almost magically, it suddenly worked for me nearly every time (there's a bit of a trick to them) and I was off and running...pun intended! Then I couldn't get enough. I stretched it out as long as I possibly could and was sad when I realized I was all done.

Some levels are insane (50! but there's actually an easy trick to that one) but most are just a nice challenge. Yes, the timer is a pain but you can still get the purple ribbon even if you're down to the last second so don't give up. The main thing is getting all the wolves in the black hole, collecting the coins, and getting the sheep to the barn. Time left on the timer only matters for your score (and progression), not the ribbons.

Tips:
- Arrows are reusable. Just grab them and put them where you need them next after they've been used the first time.
- If you're struggling with a particular level, take the time to look at the picture of the level (on the screen where you can choose which level to play) and strategize.
- Coin positions change if you replay a level so keep in mind your strategy may have to change. If you think you've got ones that are just too time-consuming to get, hit replay until you find a configuration you like.
- If you're struggling just to pass a certain level, just do your best to get the sheep to the barn - you can always go back later and replay for the wolves and coins once you have a better feel for the level (and sometimes have taken a break with some easier levels).
- Sheep (and wolves too I think) seem to always turn right when they hit a wall or tree so you won't need extra arrows if you plan carefully.
- Each new set of 50 levels gets progressively harder, meaning you get a bit of a breather for a few levels each time you reach a new location (though there are sometimes new things to learn).

Most importantly, have fun! It really is an awesome game if you give it a chance!

[Post New]by chris122049 on Dec 25, 12 6:39 PM
I just played this game for the first time and it was tough to get the knack at first but turning the arrows is easy ....... you just move the cursor out of the circle and then turn. Once you get used to it, it's much quicker then clicking.

I couldn't figure out what to do with the wolf but thanks for telling me to put the wolf in the hole! That's why I like forums........they give you hints. replaying to change the course is a good tip, too.........

I think the purple is best, blue is 2nd and then green 3rd. I just keep replaying the levels until I feel I can do them the fastest.

I love it so far! And I'm glad it gets tougher..........this game will last a long time.

Go to: