Catzen
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:Reviews for Build-a-lot: Fairy Tales

[Post New]by Catzen on Jun 10, 12 9:53 AM
I normally like the Build-a-lot games, but this one was boring. I played 30 minutes of the trial then deleted it. I found the play to be a bit slow and wasn't excited about the fairy premise.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Jun 10, 12 1:09 PM
Although this is the same build-a-lot concept as all the other ones, this one is the prettiest and most whimsical of all. Love all the butterflies flying around, between level changes. I was never a huge build-a-lot player, but they do kind of grow on you after awhile. So, here I go again, purchasing (actually, using a game credit) on this one as well. I like the hand drawn, and colorful art. Nice spring/summer game. And who doesn't like fairies?

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Jun 11, 12 8:01 AM

Edited on 06/19/2012 at 2:10:11 AM PST

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Jun 16, 12 2:37 AM

Edited on 06/19/2012 at 2:10:21 AM PST

jjj13
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jjj13 on Jun 18, 12 12:21 PM
As always great fun and brilliant value.

Arachnea
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Arachnea on Jun 30, 12 1:23 AM
I liked BAL 1, it was a nice change with the other games. Then, with the others, I got bored and I didn't like the graphics much.

This one is different, not in the gameplay, but the music is charming, the graphics are for my liking and I'm very much addicted.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jun 7, 13 2:41 AM
Eeeeeek!!! I'm so excited! I have been *dying* to play this game for what seems like forever. I cant even say how long...I cant think of how long the darn thing has been out plus the amount of time from when I heard that it was going to be released.

This game should interest those who like a little variety in their games because it incorporates strategy, planning, building, resource management if that is a gameplay type... something for everyone & best of all, NO match 3-ing and no 3 letter H acronyms! (you know, like a barnyard animal often used in bacon-makin?)

And then, to my devastation, I had never been able to find any Mac version of BAL Fairy Tales. So I was sooo upset because what are 2 of my very favorite things? The Build a Lot games and well, fairy tale themed things.

Alas, I dropped my Mac laptop on the floor...I think I must have some really horrible karma and/or luck. (The way I see it, I am out roughly maybe $500 if you consider all of the interest that I paid on the thing & how much use I got out of it so its not quite as horrible as it could have been but it's still pretty terrible.)

So I just played through 45 minutes of the demo and I was making excited little gleeful noises like a dufus the entire time! LOL. I've got 2 teenagers in the house but thank goodness they're not here.

This game is awesome & from what I can see it seems to have a decent length of playtime, to say the least. Probably much better than decent. And if this is anything like all of the other BALs, then its going to have better replayability than 99% of games out there. Not too much clicking, I've seen lots of people complain about that in other games' forums. And this game is

Not sure what year the first Build a Lot game came out, but I can tell you I still pick up & occasionally play all of them when I get the itch. There are NOT too many games one can say that about!

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jun 7, 13 2:49 AM
I'd like to explain my little brain lapse there. I ust reread my post & realized that I began to say something then just....stopped.

That would be my brain damage coming into play. Which, come to think of it, is probably another plus of this game.

I can recommend this game to anybody like me who suffers from a brain injury of any type (sadly, there are different types and sadly, I've got em lol) OR to older people with diminishing cognitive skills. If youre wondering why I can speak so eloquently its because that's not the part of the brain that is affected. Its basically everything else.

So like family (in a nice way) and I like to explain to people, I can go back to college & get decent grades but I cannot make my way to the cafeteria without getting lost ending up ....sigh... who knows where I always end up? And losing my money and or food, etc. etc. etc. Yeah, I just had to explain why I left my post unfinished LOL.

To keep this on topic - BUILD A LOT FAIRY TALES - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! LOL there - don't delete this part for being off topic!

Playing games like this does something.... I don't know what but it is some sort of mental exercise for the brain so its good for healthy people who aren't missing chunks of head & for those like me who might be. Or the elderly, as I mentioned.

Go to: