DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Post any Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 8, 12 1:56 AM
desandnrs wrote:Downloaded trial version and tried to play and a message popped up saying I needed to update my graphics driver. First I don't know how to do that. Second my other games play fine. Third my computer was just new at Christmas.

Hi there desandrs,
I had a problem with my two week old laptop a while ago, and was advised to upgrade by video drivers. Huh, I thought, its brand new ..... but I checked the home site for my computer and sure enough there was already an upgrade.
Cheers

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Post any Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 8, 12 3:38 AM
desandnrs, if you're not sure how to upgrade your drivers, please do get in touch with Customer Support. They'll be more than happy to hunt down all the updates for you to download.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

hannah233
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by hannah233 on Jun 8, 12 5:34 AM
WHY are we supposed to try & fix anything isnt that ur job befor u release these games????

peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by peh4psu on Jun 8, 12 7:12 AM
Problems with strategy guide

Is anyone else having problems with the strategy guide? When I go to chapter 1, that is the only chapter I can see. It keeps rolling through ONLY the pages of chapter 1. To get to chapter 2, I have to exit the guide and go to the game, then back into the strategy guide to get to the next chapter!

Edited on 06/08/2012 at 8:18:46 AM PST

[Post New]by amyfrances on Jun 8, 12 7:41 AM
I am playing the trial version on VMWare Fusion 4x, Windows 7 Professional 64, on a 3 month old Macbook Pro running OS 10.7.4. I have no trouble running any other BFG games on VMWare.

I have updated everything I can update on my Mac and Windows 7, and except for the intro movie, everything is almost completely blank/white. The text for the intro movie is blanked out (you can see a vague color difference and large "pixel" squares) and the Menu after the movie is the same. You can see vague outlines in varying shades of ivory, but absolutely no real graphics show up. I can't let myself buy the full version until I know it will run, and I can't figure out what the problem is.

akfrosty
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by akfrosty on Jun 8, 12 9:24 AM
The game downloaded and installed fine, but when I click anyplace on the picture, even putting my name in, it minimizes. I bring it up, it says game paused, I click to start it again and it minimizes. No matter what I do or click on, it will minimize and I have to bring up task manager to get out of it.

Lerianis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Lerianis on Jun 8, 12 6:52 PM
I'm having a problem with this game where it tells me to "Update my video card drivers" and then the window for the game closes.

I already have the latest drivers (checked after this message popped up) so I am wondering what could cause this issue and if I needed Flash or something else installed.

Edit: Okay, it must be an issue between Windows 8 and this game. I installed it on an older Windows 7 PC and the game worked fine, though this system also has an Intel graphics chip.

Edited on 06/08/2012 at 7:31:09 PM PST

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 9, 12 6:39 AM
amyfrances, I'm not sure what that compatibility for this game is for emulator types of programs. It may just be that the game is just not compatible, you can definitely get in touch with Tech Support to see if they can help with this.

akfrosty, I'd recommend to get in touch with Tech Support to get that issue sorted out.

peh4psu, sounds like your question was answered here.

Lerianis, as far as I know, none of our games have a confirmed compatibility with Windows 8 as it's still in beta. However, please do get in touch with Tech Support so they can take note of this.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Thanks!

bfgRhone

Edited on 06/09/2012 at 6:40:33 AM PST

vic2636
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by vic2636 on Jun 9, 12 7:50 AM
i have downloaded and tried to play game 2 times..unable to play due to vibrating screen.the screen looks like it is having a seizure.i can play other games previously purchased with no problem.i was looking forward to playing an new collector's game,i guess i will have to wait til next thursday.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Jun 9, 12 8:12 AM
THIS IS A VERY GOOD GAME BUT IT HAS A LOT OF PROBLEMS. I CAN'T WATCH THE INTRO AND THE OTHER VIDEOS BECAUSE THEY STUCK AND I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE SKIP BUTTON TO APPEAR SO I CAN MOVE ON WITH THE GAME. I HAVE ISSUES WITH THE CURSOR WHICH SOMETIMES RESPONDS AND OTHERS IT DOESN'T AND I HAD TO PASS ALL THESE ONLY TO FIND A GLITCH WAITING FOR ME JUST BEFORE THE END OF THE BONUS GAME. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THE HEX NUT AT THE MINE CHAMBER SIMPLY BECAUSE THE HOS DOESN'T APPEAR.
I'M SEEING HERE IN THE FORUM THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE MANY AND DIFFERENT KIND OF PROBLEMS WITH THE GAME SO I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT THE DEVELOPERS SHOULD CONSIDER AN UPDATE OF THE GAME AND BIG FISH HAS TO BE MORE CAREFULL BEFORE RELEASING A GAME.

TAKE CARE EVERYONE.

Edited on 08/20/2013 at 10:07:46 AM PST

iamshiva
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by iamshiva on Jun 9, 12 3:38 PM
i have to click the majority of things several times before anything happens ie picking up objects & zoom in scenes.

[Post New]by SatinEssence on Jun 9, 12 6:42 PM
Everything seems fine with the game, except the sound.......there is no sound except the music. I usually put music on mute, but if I do that, there will be dead silence. I tried my other games and the sound and voice overs work well. Is there something that could be done to fix this very annoying issue?? This is the second game that I have purchased that has this issue. Who wants to play a game with no bells and whistles to it......certainly not me!!
These CE games are expensive and I expect them to work and be playable when I give you my hard earned dollars for them. I mean really, that's the deal right?? We pay, and you're supposed to give us working products. How would you feel if every other month our dollars weren't what you were expecting?? No, don't tell me.......I know exactly how you'd feel!! Please have these games in working condition "BEFORE" putting them up for sale to us dedicated, "paying" fishes.

ps....please forgive my rant, I get a little fed up with these non working games sometimes.
Still love ya BF

FlatSlewFoot
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,559 Posts

[Post New]by FlatSlewFoot on Jun 9, 12 7:15 PM
I'm also a victim of the "upgrade your video driver" message this is problematical for me due to some incompatibility issue deep in the inner workings of an old machine that keeps the most recent video driver from loading. Is there any chance of a fix from the devs coming? It seems they have quite a few issues to address.

edited to move the end quote to the right spot.

Edited on 06/09/2012 at 7:16:42 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 10, 12 10:10 AM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to swim in here and ask that you please get in touch with our Tech Support team if the suggestions in our help articles aren't working to get your issues fixed.

The information we can gather about how the game is working on your specific system will really help us pinpoint where the issue is coming from. And the more info we have to bring to the developer about where a fix needs to happen the better!

You can read about how to send us information about the game and your system in the post we've created here.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by blueeyedgirl1301 on Jun 10, 12 7:29 PM
If anyone can find the mask in the scene where the teacher is tied up, please tell me where it is! It's driving me bonkers because I was so careful not to miss any of the masks in any of the other scenes! There's a green mask in the corner, so there should be a mask here, but I can't find it for the life of me. There's another thread about this and a lot of us can't seem to find it. Help would be so much appreciated!

[Post New]by blueeyedgirl1301 on Jun 11, 12 6:16 PM
For anyone who was going crazy trying to find the mask in the scene where the teacher was tied up (I sure was going bananas!)...
Even though the mask in the lower right corner is showing green, there IS NOT one in this scene. I finally gave up, continued playing, and by the end of the game, had collected all 55 masks. It must have been a bug or a glitch. Just wanted to post this to save some people from pulling out their hair trying to find a mask that isn't there. Hope this helps everyone!

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Jun 12, 12 7:26 AM
ladygem6 wrote:There is a small black line at the top of my screen, pushing the entire screen down a slight notch. It makes the bottom out of sight for me and cuts off the two lower boxes on the left and right. Also slices three fourths of the hidden object names

What's going on???

This same problem is also ocurring in Eastville Chronicles: The Drama Queen Murder. What's happening, BF? This is getting to be a bad habit.

[Post New]by MARIJEVERHOEVEN on Jun 12, 12 4:43 PM
I tried the free version, but it stopped on me. Can't seem to remove it. And can't play again. Both becaus it says it's allready running?? Help!

[Post New]by adelaidedoglet on Jun 12, 12 10:21 PM
A minor glitch but it bothers me: In the options menu both options for the cursor seem identical. I normally play with the system cursor but neither seem to be that.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 13, 12 2:11 PM
ladygem6, that sounds a bit like a screen resolution issue. If you haven't yet, you might try adjusting your resolution to see if that gets rid of the bar on the screen. You can view more information about doing that here on our help article:

Screen Resolution

MARIJEVERHOEVEN, I'm sorry to hear that's happening. Errors saying the game is already running can be caused by a couple things. You can view our help article covering some troubleshooting steps here that may help:

Another Game Currently Running (Error 809)

adelaidedoglet, That's definitely odd that both options have no apparent difference. I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps. You can see more information on that here:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If any of the above recommendations aren't working, please contact our Tech Support team and they'll be happy to help.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

Go to: