Reviews for Toy Defense

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

Re:Reviews for Toy Defense

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Jun 11, 12 7:17 PM
Yes Cherbtoo... I am aware of the line. It is impossible not to see, or comprehend what it is for, but you have to still click on it, and pay for them to refresh. Also, perhaps we are not playing the same game, because the health line on my soldiers is not visible unless I click on them to see it, and the status of same. It only appears when almost filled up, and I don't wait that long, because when there are numerous soldiers and heavy combat going on, one can easily miss it and lose a soldier, if they do not click on it fast enough to refresh it. As you advance in the levels more, perhaps you will see what I'm talking about. For me, I click on them often to check, because I like to stay on top of things, not wait too long and lose a soldier. Costs money to purchase another one. I have not lost a soldier yet. It is part of the strategy. On the other hand, the enemy soldiers line is always visible.

The real 'gist' of my original post... was about, how being able to interact with the actual combat up closer, would be nice, but not feasible, since we are kept busy keeping an eye out for the soldiers health, and powering them up via clicking. And yes, I find myself having to click on them often to do so, because if you wait too long, they go down fairly quickly. I suppose I will have to be extra careful how I express every word in my posts.

It is a cute game, and I purchased it. I'm just more of a fan of upfront and personal combat, but this one is still cute, though very tame, compared to other more realistic combat games I have played.

Edited on 06/11/2012 at 9:08:36 PM PST

[Post New]by GameMez on Jun 12, 12 2:12 AM
As for me, I am not crazy about war games, but this one is awesome! Versus to other strategies, it is not easy to pass some levels without loses at first time.

Game concept is well thought out and graphics looks great! The game is quite addictive! I didn’t need a tutorial to get started and earn stars.

Though, toy soldiers don’t have much personality, but they are very well-designed. Good time-killer!

Edited on 06/12/2012 at 2:53:05 AM PST

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 12, 12 8:36 AM
we will not get this game, it is for people who like this type of game. --------doug & lisa

[Post New]by hsarnoff on Jun 12, 12 2:59 PM

Edited on 06/13/2012 at 1:51:31 AM PST

emi1y
Clownfish
Clownfish
519 Posts

[Post New]by emi1y on Jun 15, 12 3:57 PM
I absolutely love strategy games, and this game is my new favorite! The only negative being that there is no tutorial (I noticed that happens with these Russian games?) But the way I see it, figuring it out can be part of the strategy. (lol) I'm loving these strategy games BFG has been putting up lately. Thank you BFG for appeasing your other paying customers besides just the HOGs.

[Post New]by gamingaddiction on Jun 16, 12 10:41 PM
I am seriously surprised some people seem kind of offended by sound effects/content. It is a DEFENSE game and that usually involves shooting/war type scenarios. I just found the sound effects annoying.

I got hooked in by the demo and purchased. I really am sorry I did now. Although I have found parts fun I do not like that it becomes insanely difficult on some levels. I enjoy a challenge but at some point I just get annoyed and stop playing if the task is next to impossible. Like other reviewers I wish there was some kind of explanation/guide. Also, the graphics are kinda small.

Overall, I say the game is ok.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Jun 16, 12 10:46 PM
No buy here... I was looking for a tower type game to try something new and I sign in and suddenly with no instruction whatsoever there are things flying down the road... I figure out to put one guy on one spot but that's all I have money for with no idea how to get more money to buy more. He kills everything just fine and suddenly there are faster/more and I have no idea why. I get some more money (no clue how/why it just appeared) and bought a couple more guys which was not enough to kill everything.

I GIVE UP!!!!! At least give an OPTION of some sort of instruction... heck even CHECKERS comes with instructions for those new to the game!

Oh and who was the kid in the beginning?!?!?!

Two thumbs down.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Jun 17, 12 3:08 AM
I didn't enjoy this game. For the following reasons.
- The graphics are poor, as are the sound effects.
- The game has two speeds. Very slow or very fast (too fast!)
- I found the game altogether too hard. LOTS of soldiers got through.
- Took AGES to get enough money to buy a £100 soldier. May as well have stuck with several £20 ones.
- Restricted on where you can put the soldiers and their field of fire was small (Unless you could upgrade this later, I didn't get that far)
- The only way it wasn't boring was by having it on FAST speed and it was too fast! Soldiers got through and you didn't have time to realise.

Not for me.

[Post New]by fishbreath24 on Jun 19, 12 8:37 AM
I found this game very frustrating at the outset. As others have said, it could really use a tutorial, or at least more explanation of what the different units do. And its frustrating that the circle around the units doesn't accurately reflect their range. But after playing for some time, I'm liking it more and more. Its definitely a challenge. You have to think about what units to put where and when. But you can learn from what doesn't succeed. It's definitely a challenge, and a game that you will spend hours on once you get into it.

Geluvweez
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Geluvweez on Jun 25, 12 1:50 AM
Was abit lost with the lack of tutorial but since i love playing games like this it doesnt take long to start enjoying it! In the previous tower of defence games i have played you get to place as many soldiers as you like and wherever however with this one there are only limited space so you really need to have a good strategy of placing the right type of soldier in the boxes provided. Thoroughly enjoy it and definitely buying it

[Post New]by Myztikmee on Jun 27, 12 6:16 PM
I really like this game I have played it for two weeks and still have not gotten passed the snow one. other games I'm done with them in two or three days.if you like Landgrabbers you should like this game. They yell and scream in it when they get destroyed i feel like I got my money out of this game. I give it 5 stars.

[Post New]by aksewinman on Jul 1, 12 1:52 PM
I love the game but it is too hard. Takes all the fun away from it. I can get as far as level 15 in the first group. The easy level should be exactly that. I can not even imagine what the hard level would be.

I wish it would have an easier mode available to it so I can play and relax.

thecaptain777
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by thecaptain777 on Jul 9, 12 6:12 PM
Stars needed for upgrades should be easier to get or more plentiful. You need upgrades to get anywhere in this game. Next time, maybe allow swapping of money for stars.

bfg1954
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by bfg1954 on Aug 6, 12 5:42 AM
I liked the game; however, I feel there are some problems. First, you can only get 200 stars on each level, as opposed to 400 stars. The lack of not being able to get all the stars for a level limits the player. No way anyone can max out all of the upgrades; therefore, the players cannot get all of the trophies. If players, could get get all of the stars, I think it would allow them to set up different troops with different skills, i.e you can have one flamethrower with strong flame to slow troops down and another with multiple heads. This would probably make the game a little more interesting, especially for players that wanted to replay the game, or levels as they gained additional upgrades.
Where is sandbox? It is listed, yet, to my knowledge, there is no way to get this level.
The screams are annoying, but I found hitting the mute button remedies that. Of course, you have to pay more attention to the game when you do that because you no longer have an audible sound warning you that an aircraft bombed you.

Taylsa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Taylsa on Sep 5, 12 12:18 PM
This is only the second 'tower defence' type game I've played - the first being Island Defence.

Firstly, I don't think the lack of tutorial makes a great deal of difference, I found it easy enough to figure out what to do.

I do agree with the comments about the upgrades though. It's frustrating not being able to get enough stars to get the upgrades - you need the upgrades to get the stars so it's a rotten little catch 22.

The other thing that annoys me greatly is that you cannot seem to save the game mid-mission. I tried saving the game during one of the missions (I think I'd got to about 8 of 14) and when I came back I had to start the mission all over again.

But it's not a bad game and I am rather enjoying it. It's different, which is more than can be said for the huge amount of hidden object games we keep being bombarded with.

Go to: