bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Post any Royal Detective: The Lord of Statues Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 15, 12 11:34 AM
Hi Lucy1997, I'm sorry to hear that's happening. If you'd like to try some troubleshooting steps, you can view our help article here that might help with the freezing issues you're seeing:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

You might also try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps with those missing items. You can find more information about doing that on this help article here:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If those recommendations aren't helping, you can also contact our Tech Support team and they'll be happy to assist you with that.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

Re:Post any Royal Detective: The Lord of Statues Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by grandmatofive on Jun 15, 12 2:20 PM
I love the game. However, when I went to check the chest on the mantle in the dining room I was not given the ability to zoom. Nothing. Everything else on the game has worked up to this point. Not sure I want to try as a new player and go through again...
-grandmatofive

Beadfisher
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Beadfisher on Jun 15, 12 5:08 PM
The game is jerky and slow. After 17 minutes, the cursor refused to work but allowed me to leave the game. . I went back to the game, just about got interested in it, and it froze. I then spent HOURS checking to make sure i had the latest video drivers , checking the way the computer works..... Finally I went to program files, made it show me hidden files, and ran the game from the exe file. the game is delightful, but Im not going to buy a game that only runs from an exe file.

allynann
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by allynann on Jun 15, 12 7:38 PM
I loved the game but it was going slow motion. its got a glitch.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 16, 12 12:55 AM
Hi Fishies!

It seems like a few of you are having technical issues with this game not running as smoothly as it should.

The following help article has some general troubleshooting steps that have helped others to resolve similar issues:

If you would like us to take a look at this with you, we would be happy to. So that we can get to helping you immediately, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

This will allow Tech Support to provide some advice tailored to your system and also, help us track any potential issues.

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by NancySusan on Jun 16, 12 5:57 AM
I liked this game, but in the trial I did have some cursor problems and a few brief scene freezes, not as bad as some have described, but it makes me nervous about downloading the whole game. It seems that the more effects, and this game has a lot of little bells and whistles, so adding more effects (snowflakes, for instance) seem to slow everything down. I've had problems with this developer before, but usually they show up a bit later in the game.

1misssam
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 1misssam on Jun 16, 12 11:13 AM
Thanks to all who logged-in with sluggish movement etc. I also am VERY interested in this game and would love to play but as I have learned the hard way in the past I will wait until enough of us complain then the "fix" will finally show-up(usually when I'm half way through), so this time I will wait and purchase later. thanks again for the head up. I thought that it was a problem with my computer!!!

[Post New]by madchemist on Jun 16, 12 3:43 PM
My game was working fine (Its a new computer) but now I have lost access to the map. Has this happened to anyone?

grouchypants
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by grouchypants on Jun 16, 12 4:42 PM
805 error message.. GRR. Slow download so I figured there was a problem. Never had this happen. Had the error trying to acttivae. GRRRR.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 16, 12 5:17 PM
grouchypants, I'm sorry to hear that's happening. You can take a look at our help article here that covers that error and some troubleshooting steps you can take that may help:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

madchemist, you might try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps get the map back. You can find more information on this help article here on how to do that:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

NancySusan, freezing issues can be caused by a few different things. This help article here covers some basic troubleshooting steps you can try though to see if it helps the game run a bit smoother:

If any of the those recommendations aren't helping, please let our Tech Support team know and they'll be happy to assist you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

grouchypants
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by grouchypants on Jun 16, 12 5:53 PM
Its fine now. I think it was my booboo.. lol .. Thank You!!

shazoz
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by shazoz on Jun 16, 12 6:00 PM
I, too am having trouble with the sluggish cursor. Usually when this happens I just disable it and use a standard cursor, but this games "standard" is awful. I really wanted to like this game and was excited to see it. If I have to play the game with a cross-hatch cursor though, it's a total NO GO for me. Dev's really need to address this issue. Made for a very disappointing trial and therefor NO BUY[b] from me.

lynnieb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by lynnieb on Jun 17, 12 6:26 AM
Hi this is the second time i have downloaded the game, each time it takes about three hours have never had a game like it, then it wont insulise.
hate it and i havenot even got to play it.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 17, 12 9:51 AM
Hi lynnieb,

I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble downloading this game! We do have some suggestions you can try in this help article I'm linking below:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

But if you try those ideas and the game is still taking a really long time to install, it's definitely a good idea to get in touch with our Tech Support team. They'll be able to see what's slowing things down and give you more suggestions based on your particular computer.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 06/17/2012 at 9:51:55 AM PST

[Post New]by freyja44 on Jun 17, 12 12:06 PM
I too had a terrible crazy cursor and it was all over the place and finally changed it under Options. The game is still slow and sluggish when scenes are changed which is so irritating when waiting for a scene to develop. Something is not right with this game and needs to be fixed, so I will Not purchase it under these circumstances. I thought it was my computer at first.

Also the reviews on the game has disappeared. There used to be 78 and now I see nothing, asking for players to post their review for the first time.

If the problem is fixed, then I would love to purchase.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Jun 18, 12 8:18 AM
To BFG: all my programs are up to date -- shockwave, etc. and my video card driver is as up to date as it can be -- the computer is old, and it may have something to do with that, but I don't know how to update it beyond what it is now.

1misssam
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 1misssam on Jun 18, 12 8:20 AM
Can anyone tell me why 35 of us have almost same concern about the quality of play in this game, and no word from "the powers that be" about addressing them? I guess they figure that we're gulliable enough to buy poor quality and that we'll learn to live with it. After all they have our money now . Shame on you Elephant Games.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jun 19, 12 10:30 AM
Hi everyone,

If your game is giving you trouble with either being slow or sluggish and the steps in our Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen help article aren't working - please don't hesitate to get in contact with our Customer Support team. This will not only help us better track any issues - a rep can assist you with your purchase as well, either with more in-depth troubleshooting or a replacment/refund if they can't get it working. We definitely want you to have games that work!

How to get in contact with Customer Support

bfgCimarron

KITANA716
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by KITANA716 on Jun 19, 12 11:03 AM
I had problems downloading the game after the trial expired.It took looooooong to download.When it was finally finished I played the game and then the technical problems started (which I mentioned in my review)During gameplay when I would go to a scene to another it was very slow and sometimes the cursor would get stuck and I would get angry just when the gameplay is getting good. I don't know when this game was created if the developers at Elephant did a rundown of the game just to make sure that everything would run smoothly,no glitches...Guess they didn't .I played the game again just to see if it was just a temporary ''glitch'... ' No dice! I do like the game it was good besides having the glitches .But Elephant needs to fix these type of problems before releasing it to the public.

Nosferat2
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Nosferat2 on Jun 20, 12 3:31 PM
I have a very new and driver updated computer that will not display the game properly in wide-screen. The screen is left justified and the right 5 inches of my screen are black. The words on the boot up menu are cut off.

For example: Continue only shows "Conti" then is cut off

I've played 100+ games from this site and never had this problem.

Go to: