gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

Re:Group play for Secrets Can Kill, started June 16th, we welcome more players

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 16, 12 11:31 PM
I'm having a blast just wandering around the school * deciphering little notes everywhere. It was funny as I was just casually looking at the eye chart when all of a sudden I saw a message. Next time I see one of them I'll be looking - but if I did find any messages in it that's the time to start worrying. * At least they were very easy No agon morse code.

Only noticed the camera on phone way too late for some.

Tried setting off the alarm with one note but hasn't worked - tried backwards and forwards of the drink order, so "I am missing something" mmm. Plenty to do and maybe I will uncover it later.

edit - granny fish you may have a hard time finding coins they do sparkle so don't know if you see that. Don't know if you need them though.

tip - don't accidentally back out of a puzzle as it resets itself I was nearly finished as well.

Edited on 06/17/2012 at 12:09:16 AM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 17, 12 2:19 AM
sunshinej wrote:Has anyone played barancle blast at Maxine's diner and recoginized the music ** It's from Phantom of Venice. Trying to get the cat suit. **

I did! I thought it a bit annoying the recycled the music

@gingergal I tried the same, meaning ** set off the alarm, didn't work either. Think it only works on the out of order machine Have to think of another way now to get into the teacher lounge **

Edited on 06/17/2012 at 2:23:58 AM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 17, 12 2:32 AM
Joyfullady wrote:Opps - forgot to say I'm playing Senior Detective - hmmmm; no To Do List - ok but no Ned either ! I must have decoded something right - I have two Easter Eggs. To make it easier I - *took pictures of the boards and clues .

I am playing senior too, but I am not so sure that was a good idea
Wow, two easter eggs already, CONGRATS!

@Granny_Fish I hope you get to play with the keyboard and mouse problems you are having. Keeping my fins crossed here and hope that helps

Going back in now, still trying to figure out how ** the phone is supposed to help with opening the locker, trying to get into the teacher lounge, reading/deciphering bulletin messages, some don't make much sense Reading library books, questioning students and** Trying to figure out how this all fits together, I am a bit clueless right now, I am afraid. Going back in and see if I can figure some things out.

ETA Found one easter egg and managed to ** set off the alarm on the soda machine**

Edited on 06/17/2012 at 3:44:46 AM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jun 17, 12 4:01 AM
Good Morning-------Here in Florida. I liked deciphering the messages. Thought they were fun.

Re the alarm...just a tip... *** One of the board messages tells u how to set it off. ***

Joyfullady......WOW.....Senior Detective and two Easter Eggs. CONGRATS.....I'm playing Junior and don't have one egg.

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jun 17, 12 5:56 AM
Marriane and Gingergal - finding one was from BB note - other was purely accidental - I did something too early in the game and the egg was the result.

Gingergal - looks like you are doing all the right things. *have you gotten all of the clues from BB; library, and dinner - the ones like He:u2? * 2nd clue * 18 or 19* 3rd clue *chemistry chart *

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jun 17, 12 6:00 AM
Blown up! - good thing retries!

Edited on 06/17/2012 at 6:04:51 AM PST

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jun 17, 12 6:03 AM
Catfishgirl - re alarm *can only set off one near gym and she does go away so you can open door w/key.

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Jun 17, 12 6:11 AM
Hi All,

Feeling a bit more human today, so was determined to start.So far have just wandered around ** Aunt Eloise's house and the Diner - taken copious notes and then realised I could have used the camera! My big downfall will be the Barnacle game - I found a coin and spent it on that. It's a bit like a simple Arkanoid which is one of my favourite games of years ago I'm hooked again - i wonder how many levels there are - got to level 6.**

I am liking the game so far and will get back to it in a while and start on the school.

GMum xx

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 17, 12 6:12 AM
Joyfullady wrote:Catfishgirl - re alarm *can only set off one near gym and she does go away so you can open door w/key.

Thanks, already did that I've been busy shopping in RL

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jun 17, 12 6:20 AM
Catfishgirl - I bought 2 more ND games! What group games are next - so I can buy them if I don't have them?

Did you find the other egg yet? *don't do the maintenance game before you do! *

Grandmamum -* if you find the Easter Egg you get 180 coins. The game only has merit for achievement award.

Edited on 06/17/2012 at 6:23:33 AM PST

Granny_Fish
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Granny_Fish on Jun 17, 12 6:53 AM
So far I am navigating OK. Joyfullady, pawn shops won't help. I use a laptop. It's reformar and reinstall everything to get a new Registry, pay for repairs on a two year old which may be on its last bits, or buy a new computer. Rebooting amd restoring were the first things I tried. Neither solved the problems.

Have explored Auntie's house, wandered the school halls and will check out the diner next. Then will decide whether I want to play the school or the diner first. Since this is my first ND, I am playing Junior level. Not sure whether or not I'm going to like ND games... Maybe it will get more interesting as the story develops.

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 5:49:01 PM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jun 17, 12 7:33 AM
Joyfullady..Thanks for the BB tip on an Easter Egg. I'd like to get at least one egg.....

I wrote down ALL the deciphered messages and didn't think about using the camera. DUH ! !

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 17, 12 8:06 AM
@Grandmamum You made it! I am glad you are able to play and feeling slightly better.

Granny_Fish Nancy Drew games kind of grow on you, so don't judge too soon And there is a huge variety in ND games, so it is quite possible to enjoy one and hate the other let me know what you think later on.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 17, 12 8:28 AM
gingergal wrote:
<snip>
edit-

The only thing I'd say about the UHS (hint website that catfish girl mentions) is you have to pay for it if you have used up the 60 day free trial (which I did ages ago so they don't show me anything). It's about the price of 2 games here, so if you use it a lot it would be worth it. If money is an issue there is always free walkthroughs on the internet if you google it, although trying to find the bit your in you usually find some spoilers but it's free.

As far as I know there is no limit to online use When you buy UHS it apparently comes with a reader, before you buy it you can download a trial and THAT expires after 60 days.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Jun 17, 12 8:49 AM
Just passing through ..... no updates from me as yet, but wanted to clarify something with UHS...

UHS online hints can be looked up and used on the website for FREE. I have used it for years.
The reader that you pay for has a free trial which will expire. This reader means that you can download the hints for a game and keep the copy of them on your computer, so that you don't have to look it up on the internet again.

If you are happy with reading it online it is totally free.

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jun 17, 12 9:05 AM
Finished!!

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 17, 12 9:21 AM
Joyfullady wrote:Finished!!

That's fast!

Congrats upon finishing Joyfullady!

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Jun 17, 12 9:22 AM
mariannequilts wrote: I wrote down ALL the deciphered messages and didn't think about using the camera. DUH ! !

marianne...I did the same thing. Double Duh!

Congratulations to Joyfullady on finishing the game

Regarding UHS I didn't know you can pay for it. I was just using it for free, but I did have a lot of advertising pop ups when I used it.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 17, 12 9:36 AM
I didn't have much time to play today , hope I can squeeze in another hour after supper

Edited on 06/17/2012 at 10:11:49 AM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jun 17, 12 10:06 AM
popla27 wrote:Just passing through ..... no updates from me as yet, but wanted to clarify something with UHS...

UHS online hints can be looked up and used on the website for FREE. I have used it for years.
The reader that you pay for has a free trial which will expire. This reader means that you can download the hints for a game and keep the copy of them on your computer, so that you don't have to look it up on the internet again.

If you are happy with reading it online it is totally free.

I use it all the time...for free.

A BIG HUGE CONGRATS JOYFULLADY

Go to: