rubywilms
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Post any 1 Moment of Time: Silentville technical issues here only

[Post New]by rubywilms on Jun 20, 12 7:31 PM
i have tried to re install so many times,I am sick of it. tried the doctor fix but still does not work.still stuck at the puzzle on fridge and safe. WAS KIND OF ENJOYING THIS GAME BUT NOW WANT MY MONEY BACK.

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Jun 20, 12 10:49 PM
I was doing fine until the mansion puzzle to get the key to unlock the globe.
started the puzzle, used the map to jump out to check another area, came back, and no map puzzle on the box. Cannot proceed, uninstalled,reinstalled this did not fix it.
Was enjoying the gam up to this point.
Any fix for this?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 21, 12 6:12 AM
Hi again Fishies,

As previously mentioned, now that the New Build of the game has been released, we had hoped the game would run more smoothly for you all.

For those of you still experiencing issues, please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team, as this would really help us to track any further issues with this game and work toward a resolution.

The Tech Team will also be able to provide advice tailored to your system.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

annaroma
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

full screen resolution??? anyone.

[Post New]by annaroma on Jun 21, 12 9:47 AM
Was anyone able to fill their screen? If yes...what resolution?

Sadly, I will not play unless game fills the screen. Partial screens (black bars on sides) makes my computer run hot. I can play all day/night without issue with a full screen.

To explain..I fried my HP Pavilion lap top last year (as hundreds of others) while playing a game with partial screen (It got really hot...no dust involved...just fried everything (motherboard/graphics card). The same goes for my new ASUS gaming computer (with duel fans)...still runs hot with games with partial screens. Paranoid? Maybe... but I won't take the chance.

This seems like a great game but only with a full screen.

Thanks.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 21, 12 9:56 AM
Hi annaroma,

I can definitely understand why you'd be wary of letting your computer run hot for too long!

If you'd like to get in touch with our Tech Support team, they can go through making some adjustments with you and see if that gets the game to fill your full screen.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by zula567 on Jun 21, 12 1:02 PM
i deleted the game and redown loaded it still cant play the game.....freezes up
and slow

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 22, 12 4:23 AM
zula567, if the game is still giving you trouble after reinstalling, please try following the steps in the below help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game is still giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

fulton56
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by fulton56 on Jun 22, 12 8:52 AM
After reinstalling and trying again I finally finished. It crashed about five times. Sorry I didn't keep a record where it kicked me out.

Bylena
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Bylena on Jun 22, 12 7:01 PM
Froze on the first HOS. Disappointed. Thought it looked like it would be a fun game. I also don't have a full screen. Will check back in a month or two to see if glitches are fixed.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 23, 12 3:52 AM
Bylena, if you'd like, you could try doing some troubleshooting for that game by following the below steps:

If your game still is giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgRhone

Edited on 06/23/2012 at 3:52:32 AM PST

Linnyloos
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Linnyloos on Jun 23, 12 7:49 AM
quote=SeverineSnape]Did you give the guy on the bench your flower potion?

Hi. Thanks but I have tried clicking on the man and also tried using the flask of essence on him too but .......... nothing!

Really frustrated with this now. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still nothing. HELP!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 24, 12 5:56 AM
Hi Fishies,

mo2txseesaw: if the trial is not playing for you, I would suggest having a look at the following article, which will help you to update the elements that run the game:

rubywilms: we released a New Build of this game to help prevent crashing that some players experienced.

Hence, I would encourage you to uninstall and reinstall the game to ensure that you have the most recent version.

If either of you would like some more help with yopur issue, we are happy to provide it, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Babs_06 on Jun 24, 12 10:31 AM
gobaba wrote:I down-loaded the patch, and have a different problem. The game says I need to take the axe out of the stump by the woodsman's house, but though it highlights at a distance, up close the cursor doesn't recognize it and won't pick it up.

Tired of this, moving on to another game without history of glitches. Call me when you get ALL the glitches fixed.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Jun 24, 12 3:18 PM
I had lots of games to do so didn't play this game until now. I had trouble with the game freezing on fridge also. I uninstalled and reinstalled, was able to continue in slow mode, also the mosaic puzzle won't turn. After skipping all the puzzles for no dice, I got to the bell what a mess gave the bum lol the essence and poof gone. Hes still on the bench.......................................and no essence boo BF next time please don't let out a game with tons of bugs(((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))))we pay good money for these games. I don't want to keep deleting and starting over................listen to the beta testers.......... cause I know you didn't listen to me on one glitch bought the game and you returned my money, for not fixed.............

[Post New]by parapet on Jun 25, 12 9:33 AM
giddiup101 wrote:My game keeps crashing right after i put the map together and get the safe combo.

Same here. Error message reads: "floating point support not loaded".

Developer needs to fix this.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 25, 12 11:39 AM
Hi parapet,

Please get in touch with our Tech Support team and send them the details of that error message. You can also give us more information about how the game is running on your specific computer by running a Dr. Felix Report and including it in your message. You can read more about how to do that in the post we've created here.

Having this information will really help us pinpoint where that error is coming from so we can work on getting it resolved for you.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

Opus1965
Guppy
Guppy
172 Posts

[Post New]by Opus1965 on Jun 27, 12 7:17 AM
My game keeps crashing. I did the update, ran the game as administrator and uninstalled/reinstalled Flash & Shockwave. I am working with tech support and I do not think that there is a solution.

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Jun 30, 12 9:55 PM
I would like to know how to get this game to play in full screen with the proper aspect ratio. Any ideas?

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Jul 3, 12 10:03 PM
I had a similar problem to the person talking about not being able to pick up the ax and then started over. This time I am in a hidden object scene and I don't have the hammer to break the piggy bank to get the spare change. I think I may have touched it and dropped it and now it's gone. I really like this game but don't know about starting over again as it will probably just be something else next time. I guess in a month or two I will try reloading and playing because I do like it a lot.

jengun
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by jengun on Jul 15, 12 10:57 AM
Sad to say, this game just won't work for me even after I uninstalled, re-downloaded and reinstalled. My problem is that the mouse is almost nonresponsive which makes it impossible to play the game. Maybe I'll contact Big Fish and ask for a credit.

Go to: