Nick Chase - TGT YEA!!!!!

Hallber
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

Re:Nick Chase - TGT YEA!!!!!

[Post New]by Hallber on Feb 3, 09 7:21 AM
Thanks! I found out that it stamps itself. All I will say is don't forget your spacer! Those who have yet to do this puzzle will know what I mean when they get to it.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 3, 09 7:32 AM
Am I the only one that found the backgrounds too dark? This actually spoilt the game for me because I was sitting on top of the monitor straining my eyes. To me there was no need to have it that dark, the story didn't warrant it.

Also I don't know how you managed to make the ID because I could only get the tiniest dot of ink out of the pen and no way could I write a signature with it.

I am half tempted to throw a credit at it because I liked the puzzles etc and then just play one scene at a time to avoid the eyestrain. Doing this will at least make the game last a bit longer for me.

midnight1864
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by midnight1864 on Feb 3, 09 7:36 AM
Hey Hallber I have my two words spaced. What do you mean it stamps itself??? I just can't get it??? Please pm me how you did it.. Thank you very much!!! I am really enjoying this game.

midnight1864
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by midnight1864 on Feb 3, 09 7:38 AM
Cherbtoo if you trace the red line with pen, then the next red line to trace will appear. Good luck have fun!!

Hallber
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by Hallber on Feb 3, 09 7:43 AM
Midnight - check your PMs!

H

Hallber
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by Hallber on Feb 3, 09 7:45 AM
cherbtoo wrote:Am I the only one that found the backgrounds too dark? This actually spoilt the game for me because I was sitting on top of the monitor straining my eyes. To me there was no need to have it that dark, the story didn't warrant it.

Also I don't know how you managed to make the ID because I could only get the tiniest dot of ink out of the pen and no way could I write a signature with it.

I am half tempted to throw a credit at it because I liked the puzzles etc and then just play one scene at a time to avoid the eyestrain. Doing this will at least make the game last a bit longer for me.

Hi Cherbtoo,

Did you hold down the left mouse button while drawing the lines? You need to do this each time. The bit you need to trace over will come up in red. It is tricky but you should get the hang of it pretty quickly

H

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Feb 3, 09 7:45 AM
Just finished the demo ... liked the game and was nearly going to buy it, but I thought i'd better come in here first and read some reviews, and pleased i did, as someone mentioned the dreaded phrase " Too Short " ... I have bought two games recently that have been too short and i'm not wasting a credit for another one, Shame as I did like it ..
When are the game makers going too learn, we won't buy short games .....

Lou

granny754
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by granny754 on Feb 3, 09 7:46 AM
From what I have read here this is a short game. Does it have any replay value? I don't want buy it if there is no replay.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 3, 09 7:53 AM
Hallber wrote:
cherbtoo wrote:Am I the only one that found the backgrounds too dark? This actually spoilt the game for me because I was sitting on top of the monitor straining my eyes. To me there was no need to have it that dark, the story didn't warrant it.

Hi Cherbtoo,

Did you hold down the left mouse button while drawing the lines? You need to do this each time. The bit you need to trace over will come up in red. It is tricky but you should get the hang of it pretty quickly
H

Yes I did hold the left mouse down but I don't recall seeing any of it in red so perhaps I will go and try again. Thanks Hallber.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 3, 09 7:54 AM
midnight1864 wrote:Cherbtoo if you trace the red line with pen, then the next red line to trace will appear. Good luck have fun!!

Thanks Midnight.

[Post New]by yug1og1irl on Feb 3, 09 8:12 AM
hrfrdbcc wrote:Try in small screen mode if you can. That might help.

Thanks, that did it. I don't especially like playing in small screen, but it's better than hitting the control button all the time to find the cursor, which is what I was doing.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 3, 09 8:49 AM
granny754 wrote:From what I have read here this is a short game. Does it have any replay value? I don't want buy it if there is no replay.

There was a post in the other thread saying that the replay value is very small, except for the minigames. If you like the minigames, they can be reached from the main menu (after you have won them at least once??? other than Pong and Breakout clones). I've only played 30 minutes of the demo, and haven't seen a single traditional HO scene that would lend itself to randomization, only things that would have the exact same items in the exact same places unless they have alternate positions for the items coded (which is rare for HO games).

midnight1864
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by midnight1864 on Feb 3, 09 8:54 AM
Thanks again Hallber worked like a charm!

granny754
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by granny754 on Feb 3, 09 8:58 AM
lordkalvan wrote:
granny754 wrote:From what I have read here this is a short game. Does it have any replay value? I don't want buy it if there is no replay.

There was a post in the other thread saying that the replay value is very small, except for the minigames. If you like the minigames, they can be reached from the main menu (after you have won them at least once??? other than Pong and Breakout clones). I've only played 30 minutes of the demo, and haven't seen a single traditional HO scene that would lend itself to randomization, only things that would have the exact same items in the exact same places unless they have alternate positions for the items coded (which is rare for HO games).

Thanks if it is short and no real replay then I won't purchase it. I'm not big on the mini games

[Post New]by tandrey on Feb 3, 09 9:26 AM
I play about 3+ hours to finish this game. Us for me this is enough.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Feb 3, 09 9:48 AM
This is the typical "not every game is for every person". I do understand the concerns that have been posted and am sorry so many were disappointed.

For me... as an artist... this game visually captured me. The comic-book style, the art has a lowbrow feel to it, somewhat Roy Lichtenstein'ish, the narration is very Sam Spade, the music perfect to set the time period, the game moves along smoothly for me...

The only "glitch" I came across... at the very beginning where you type your name in Profile... it only accepted five characters. My name is longer than that. Tech Support - I've sent the online form your way about this.

I don't take into consideration the length of game when I invest in one. If it's one hour or six hours - as long as I'm enjoying it and having fun - that's all that matters.

I give Nick Chase a

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Feb 3, 09 10:21 AM
I also enjoyed the demo. Have purchased and will play again later this afternoon. Enjoyed comic books as a kid and enjoy reading detective books ... so, I did enjoy all the story and comic bits.

Shauntie1
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by Shauntie1 on Feb 3, 09 11:35 AM
Well, another bummer game for me. Floating cursor. How do I finish the reagent puzzle without the cursor responding in a timely manner??? I am feeling very hopeless with the last few BF games.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Feb 3, 09 11:39 AM
Just thought I'd mention...

On our old PC, the floating cursor problem was due to an outdated video card driver. Once I updated - adjusted the mouse speed - the problem disappeared.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Feb 3, 09 11:41 AM
I think this game was terrible. The graphics looked like something my grand kids draw at school. The screen was so dark, and it was way to slow. I guess I love RTR so much, that it will be hard for any other game to make me happy.

Go to: