mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

Re:Post any Big Kahuna Reef 3 technical issues here only

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jun 23, 12 5:37 AM
88blyth wrote:same problem here, slow and jerky movements, never had any problems with 1 and 2, loved those games, this is a big disappointment

Same here, which is really too bad since I really enjoyed the other 2 Big Kahuna games.

[Post New]by littlepiggie on Jun 23, 12 9:32 AM
I have a slight issue with the mouse not being as responsive as usual which can be frustrating especially as it's timed, but my main problem is once in a while the game crashes for no apparent reason, although there is an error message which says "access violation". When I say ok to that it comes out of the program. I don't even know what constitutes a violation of access, lol.

I've reached level 95 and it's happened less than half a dozen times. Fortunately. If I go back in, I don't tend to get it again - seems to be quite random.

crod
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

Fish net not working properly

[Post New]by crod on Jun 23, 12 10:21 AM
Marcie2304 wrote:Hi, Just wanted to know if anyone else had had a problem with the fish net. It is not destroying the tile like it is suppose to.
Thanks
Marcie

[Post New]by littlepiggie on Jun 24, 12 1:37 PM
Not sure if this will help, but if you're trying to use the long handled net to break the tile underneath, it won't work. The extra strong net that does that is one of the three powers you select from those available, and when selected can be found to the left of the long handled (less powerful) net.

Still hoping for help with my access violation if anyone knows anything.

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Jun 24, 12 4:20 PM
Same problem as most everyone else - slow and jerky movement.
All my adobe/flash things are up to date.
I've paid close attention to when the slow and jerky movements happen and it seems to only be when I've just made a match or when things are falling (which generally comes from making a match). The rest of the time everything is moving along nicely and as it should be. But as this lag comes when you want your actions to be able to be fastest to keep the tiki rising it's pretty frustrating. I've noticed I also tend to make mistakes because of the lag and I end up clicking on something I didn't mean to or it unselects the square I want selected.

Not sure if this is the net problem people are having but it seems that the talisman net (and for that matter the regular net) does not work on chained pieces. I don't think this is a tech issue but rather just the way the game works. Since it's to remove and break a tile it can't be used when there are still chains on said tile.

Edited on 06/24/2012 at 4:23:22 PM PST

[Post New]by Mist12 on Jun 25, 12 7:03 AM
I'm not quite sure where this fits. I have the second tank and filled it with everything but fish! The bar is empty and won't let me buy fish. Even with money available the bar is still blank and fish can't be bought.

Any ideas?
Thanks

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 25, 12 11:53 AM
Hi Fishies,

Those of you who are still experiencing problems with the game running slowly or with jerky movements, please write in to our Tech Support team with a Dr. Felix Report. (More info on how to do that can be found here.)

littlepiggie - we have some things you can try to resolve the issue you're having in this help article: Access Violation Errors. But if that doesn't help, please write in to Tech Support too.

Mist12 - I'm not seeing info here that your problem is specifically a technical issue, but you can definitely write in to Tech Support if you think that's the case. You might also start a separate thread asking for some help. If there is a trick to moving on from that particular point in the game, I'm sure other Fishies will be happy to swim in with some advice.

Thanks everyone!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by gamecat01 on Jun 26, 12 4:56 AM
I too am having the problem with the unresponsive cursor and jerky movements. I have found that when it happens, I can 'save and exit' the game (completely) and then get back in. This solves the problem temporarily and then I am able to move on.

The bigger issue is the access violation I get (at varying levels). It not only crashes the game, but wipes out the entire score (even when I have been periodically saving it all along). Has this happened to anyone else? Its pretty frustrating when you have gotten to level 70 and have to start all over. I certainly hope there will be a fix to this, as I really enjoy the game itself.

dobermans
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by dobermans on Jun 26, 12 2:53 PM
game really needs a fix!!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 27, 12 2:31 AM
Hi gamecat01,

An Access Violation message appearing while playing your game is generally related to your computer’s graphics configuration not matching what the game requires in order to run smoothly.

The best way of dealing with this is to have a look at the following help article and update any elements you can:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you would like us to have a look at this with you though, we would be happy to do so. You can contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page and one of our reps would be happy to assist you!

Hope this is helpful,

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by sgaff13 on Jun 27, 12 3:49 AM
Not only do I still have the slow, jerky movements, now after updating my drivers, the game freezes. Really needs a fix, you can't ever play it

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 27, 12 9:58 AM
Hi sgaff13,

I'm sorry to hear that updating your drivers didn't help get this game working for you!

Please get in touch with our Tech Support so they can see what else might be going on to cause the game to freeze like that.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Jun 28, 12 11:45 PM
Found another issue...on level 142 (not sure if the issue is level-specific) it sort of froze...sort of. Everything was still moving and I could move pieces but it wouldn't acknowledge anything as matches so I'm looking at a screen with a dozen or so matches made but they don't disappear and drop away. At first I thought it was a delay from a charm to help you get bigger matches (like the frozen thing in Chainz) but after a minute I realized they weren't ever going to go anywhere. Finally had to do a restart of the level. Then on the second try on that level it played fine but one square wouldn't allow a piece into it even though absolutely nothing (and I analyzed the board!) was blocking it from dropping a piece in. Near the end of the level it just suddenly dropped a piece in and I was able to finish.

badoodie
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by badoodie on Jun 30, 12 7:00 PM
What a regrettable buy! Nothing new, just a continuation of previous versions. Worst of all this has got to be one of the clunkiest games I've played in a long time. Drags, freezes, choppy cursor....I'm struggling to get through the last few levels just because the cursor and game freeze up and the cursor action has become unbearably choppy.

Tried all the above suggested "fixes". No go. Maybe BF needs to send this one back to the developer.

Pretty sad when the technical issues thread has as many posts as the reviews thread.

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Jul 3, 12 2:40 PM
I've actually really enjoyed the game despite the annoying issues. Perhaps though, mine haven't been as noticable as others or I've found ways to compensate for them. Who knows, still a fun game!

That said, the sluggishness we've all noticed seems much worse on the Tiki Challenge levels, at least for me. Definitely getting more annoying to play. I'm almost done though and I probably won't play again for a long, long time unless there's a fix.

suss1
Clownfish
Clownfish
555 Posts

[Post New]by suss1 on Jul 28, 12 12:43 PM
fiestygrl1 wrote:I am having a problem getting the talismans on the levels they are available. I am at level 30 and only have 2 of the 4 talismans given for the levels in between, such as level 15 and 25. I feel like I am losing out big time because of the missing talismans.
Can anyone explain this?

I have the very same problem, is there any news here?? it is annoying not to get our moneys worth!!!!

Buggy buggy buggy buggy buggy program

[Post New]by gladysschmuck on Aug 1, 12 2:32 PM
Despite having updated my video card, and downloaded the suggested Microsoft update (can't remember what it was now but I did it based on the tech fixes for crashing) this game has crashed over and over and over and over and over. I am not impressed. Interesting when a program locks up so badly that cntl-alt-del won't fix it. I'm having to use a combination of esc and cnt-alt-del repeatedly to get out of the program.

This developer needs to go back to the virtual drawing board before bringing out another game.

gemfreak
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by gemfreak on Aug 6, 12 5:32 PM
OrionsRose wrote:Found another issue...on level 142 (not sure if the issue is level-specific) it sort of froze...sort of. Everything was still moving and I could move pieces but it wouldn't acknowledge anything as matches so I'm looking at a screen with a dozen or so matches made but they don't disappear and drop away. At first I thought it was a delay from a charm to help you get bigger matches (like the frozen thing in Chainz) but after a minute I realized they weren't ever going to go anywhere. Finally had to do a restart of the level. Then on the second try on that level it played fine but one square wouldn't allow a piece into it even though absolutely nothing (and I analyzed the board!) was blocking it from dropping a piece in. Near the end of the level it just suddenly dropped a piece in and I was able to finish.

Buggy is right!!! No problems till I got to level 142 - at first, as I made matches, the tiles didn't disappear and drop away. Restarted the level - now a tile is missing!!!
Is there a fix for this game?????

Marciepie
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by Marciepie on Sep 2, 12 9:15 AM
I'm not as far as most, but the jerky cursor is annoying, but not preventing me from playing. Thie items are harder to see thank BK2 and to me that is more annoying... very hard on these old eyes. I am somewhat sorry I purchased this game because it it no where as good as BK2 which I have played over and over and downloaded most of the new screens that have nukes.... this game doesn't compare, IMHO
Marcie

threeds
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by threeds on Sep 5, 12 4:00 PM
level 142 has stopped for me too.. I can move stuff but nothing drops or clears.. I am playing through a second time under a different player name.. the first time it took me forever to get through 142.. like DAYS.

if I re-start the level does it use up a life? I only have two (can't figure out how they accumulate either.. I would rather buy lives than fish, food or reefy stuff)

Go to: