kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

Re:Reviews for Haunting Mysteries: The Island of Lost Souls

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Sep 18, 12 12:09 PM
No problem with my macbook just finished demo and would have noticed as `i hate clicking more than once on an item found response good, more than I can say for the game left me cold---- been there done that---- feeling do not think I will buy or maybe wait for a dd

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Sep 21, 12 9:00 PM
Good game. The timer said I had only played for just over three hours, it felt like more, but not in a bad way. I was lolling along and looking for the faces, I don't think that time was right but who knows. I only found 34 of the faces, the one on the clown's foot was the toughest one that I found. All in all pretty good story and graphics and lots to do. The puzzles were all pretty basic. I would have liked a map and notebook as well. There was some issue for me clicking on tools and getting the to interact, usually had to do it twice.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Nov 1, 12 2:48 PM
bought game after all !!! it really grew on me , lots of walking about but I did not get
lost because game moved on with limited backtracking !!Mini games fun ,, only instructions given when needed .HO's were sometimes impossible to find, had to use the hint button more than I normally would..
Overall an enjoyable entertaining game . I will buy more from this Dev....
Congrats Fuzzybug great to see a game from Uk !! More please

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Feb 7, 13 10:27 AM
Not sure why I bought this game, must have been one of those special offer deals.

The story was okay-ish but the hog items, and most of the scenery, just got fuzzier and fuzzier (hence the dev's name?). Some items were just impossible to find in the general haze.

Finished the game but wouldn't buy another fuzzy scened game like this. Gave up looking for the extra ghosts, so irritating.

uschina
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by uschina on Apr 10, 13 7:14 AM
Well, what do I think of this game? Very good story but the game get's killed by all of those boring HOS in it.
There are quite some interesting story-games but unfortunately all of them full with
HOS which drives me mad. I am not a Factory worker who is punished to do the same thing over and over again!
If you can't do without them, then please just 2 or 3 of that time consuming rubbish.
Please keep Adventure and HOG as games on their own and a lot of people will be happy.....

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on May 29, 13 10:30 AM
This is a good game - if you have good eyesight. So far I have had to skip a puzzle completely simply because I could not see well enough to form a picture from the tiles - they are very grainy and look almost the same to me. I am also having lots of problems with the HOS. I literally cannot see the smaller items. The HOS (so far) are dark and grainy on top of being junkpiles. I am making my way through by clicking randomly and using the Hint button. I don't like to do that.

As for finding the faces? Again, my tired eyes have led me to only two out of forty. I look, I click all over the place, but I can't see well enough. Usually parts of games may be problematic because of my poor vision but this one is problematic as soon as I entered the lighthouse and is getting worse and worse.

I'm playing during the day with extra lighting. It doesn't help. I just can't see what I can't see and that is a shame as this appears to be a good game and I did purchase it based on the good reviews. I should have demo'd it first. It's my error.

I hope that everyone who is playing this game is enjoying it. Maybe someday my vision will improve (you never know) and then I can play this game without clicking all over the place and hoping.

The Hint button is good; it fills quickly and does provide actual hints. It will not lead you direction-wise but will let you know if there is nothing that can be done. A few times it has given me bogus hints, prompting me to do something I cannot do because I am missing a needed item. It kept prompting me to do the same thing over and over but when I tried I was not able to do so. I had to backtrack and find the item that was missing before I could do what I had been prompted to do. So there isn't a whole lot of hand-holding here, which is good except I can't see what I am supposed to do!

I have some other games I can play even with my tired eyes so I am off to play them. This is a good game and I like it. It's just that I can't see what I'm doing.

Edited on 05/29/2013 at 10:31:55 AM PST

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Aug 30, 13 9:23 AM
Good Game, Excellent Value

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
I liked the intro to this one. After being downed by a freak storm, your first objective is to escape the plane before it sinks, and get to land. It is exciting and well done. When you reach landfall, you find yourself on an uncharted island, apparently abandoned, except by mournful ghosts! Helping these lost souls becomes the motivation for the game.

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
The graphics are clear and cut scenes are done well, perhaps a little rough when compared with the kinds of art we see now. And there is not much in the way of eye candy, the scenes are kinda dull.

A really nice touch was the voices. Throughout the game, we do not have a voice, only our “thought bar”. So for a while it looks as though there will be no voiceovers. However, upon meeting our first ghost, we they do have voices – very enchanting Scottish voices to be precise. There are also some lengthy periods of silence, depending on how long it takes you to do stuff.

MAKING PROGRESS
HO scenes dominate the gameplay in this one. I found the HOs a tad more challenging than most, and part of that is the rough graphics, and partly because the cursor is pretty finicky, but it is also because the objects are well hidden. HOs are interactive list, with some lists being challenging to complete because they include many multiples of one item. Not too many puzzles, and I didn’t have trouble with most of them. Hint is pretty useless outside HO scenes, there is no journal and no map, so there is that element of greater challenge.

BLING!
I say excellent value because, with this game, you get many of the features of Collectors’ Edition without the price tag. There are 40 morphing collectibles (cleverly hidden), 32 secret awards, and a game timer. (It took me exactly 4 hours to play)

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
This game is interesting and involving. The characters are very appealing. If not overwhelming, it at least promises a pleasant afternoon’s distraction.

I recommend this game!

Go to: