Kowgirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Post any Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodlines Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Kowgirl on Jun 22, 12 2:39 PM
It's a mystery to me as to why I have such problems with occasional games while most others are fine. I just finished Royal Detective (and loved it) so I did a trial run on SIster's Secrecy and although it did lag just a bit during trial, not enough to make me think "uh-oh" so I bought the full game and it is so, so slow, sluggish, hesitates, freezes and is flat unplayable. What a disappointment, have been through the Dr.Felix, etc., before so have a basic understanding on the "Help" steps. Nothing seems to work, so why one large file runs beautifully and the next hiccups so badly you want to run it to the nearest game emergency room asap is beyond me. Waste of money and mental energy.

Kgirl

gabbab
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Post any Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodlines Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by gabbab on Jun 22, 12 2:56 PM
looks like a great game, but sceens freezing, slow or jerky response, unable to pick up items etc make this a sorry "trial" if this is to make one want to purchase the CE well...let me say not so much want to buy... but want to know why games like this are not tested before a launch, I also don't want to have to re configure my driver to play a trial version, has similar problems with the "Moment in Time" game

gale129
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by gale129 on Jun 22, 12 10:28 PM
When I getto the train station, the place where you pick up the valve has something flying around buy on my screen it's with boxes. I got past that but when I clicked to unlock and open the suitcase with the color code, the whole box is white. I could figure out where to put the key because of the "interactive wheels" but that does not help when trying to solve the code. Anyone else have this problem?

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Jun 23, 12 12:14 AM
I'm close to the end of the game (i think) but I can't go any further. After using the magic dust on the sword it disappeared from my inventory. Well, when i got into the castle, i found out i needed the magic dust to get into the secret room. I don't want to start over, especially if this game needs a fix. I've really enjoyed it up until now.

THIS IS THE SAME PROBLEM THAT gbanjs HAS PLAYING THE GAME!

Edit to add:

AdelfinaH41 sent me a the following message:

I completed this game and i might help you. So - you dont need that magic dust to open the secret room. What you need to do is to make another potion - you can find a recipe for it near the statue with a knight which fights with monster (it is inside castle) - recipe is in a book on a bookshelves, that are behind the statue

Thank you AdelfinaH41

Edited on 06/23/2012 at 12:59:40 PM PST

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 23, 12 2:00 AM
Hi Fishies,

Kowgirl, as you've already hit the stage where you've already gone through the updating process, I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support as they can take things from there.

gabbab, sometimes it is necessary to update some software components to run more recent games. We recommend running these updates so you don't run into trouble for future games, and it's very easy to update these components. Just take a peek at the below help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Alternatively, Customer Support can look up the updates for you, making this even easier.

gale129, if this is a display issue, I recommend also taking a look at the help article linked above.

rlk0045, I'm sorry to hear this might be a glitch. Have you tried pressing the hint button to see if you can go anywhere else? If not, you could give uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

For any Fishies that are still having problems, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

Edited on 06/23/2012 at 2:01:31 AM PST

[Post New]by AdelfinaH41 on Jun 23, 12 3:36 AM
to rlk0045

Spoiler Alelrt!
Hi! I completed this game and i might help you. So - you dont need that magic dust to open the secret room. What you need to do is to make another potion - you can find a recipe for it near the statue with a knight which fights with monster (it is inside castle) - recipe is in a book on a bookshelves, that are behind the statue

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Jun 23, 12 7:40 AM
i give up. had to uninstall game. kept freezing up all the time. which is weird when i played demo for 10 minutes no problems. i bought game. waste of money for me. i did everything possible with the help page too.

BOREDAND50
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by BOREDAND50 on Jun 23, 12 11:24 AM
What a shame, this looked like the best game I've seen in a while, but half way through the demo
it began running in slow motion and then freezing up altogether....Definitly a no buy for me!

[Post New]by freyja44 on Jun 23, 12 1:33 PM
This is the 2nd game from BFG that has lag and scenes that take forever to load...very slow acting. There has been no issues from games in the past and I doubt it is technical issues. It seems to be the games themselves.
Another game I would have purchased except for the above problems. This is getting tiresome.

Leslie318
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Leslie318 on Jun 23, 12 2:10 PM
I am in the mt's. passed the secret cave. There is a puzzle that needs two pieces (1 -angel 2in bottle.) Got both, but now i need them i only have one.... Keep going back to see if i can salvage one,, no good......Help.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 24, 12 5:01 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you find that the performance of your game is not where you'd like it to be, please try running some updates on your computer to see if this helps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the demo of the game ran ok but the full version is causing trouble, creating a new player profile could help also, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

That being said, you continue to have problems with this game after trying these tips out, please contact our Tech Support team and they will be happy to help.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Gyongy on Jun 24, 12 6:20 PM
edmontonborn wrote:I didn't have any problems getting the game to open. My problem started when I tried to play. The game was extremely slow to respond to changes in locations within the game. Whenever I tried to move to a new location, the game froze for a couple of seconds and then was very slow to respond to mouse clicks for a few seconds after that. As long as I was in one scene for awhile the mouse movements and clicking were very responsive.

Exactly the same problem I had. I re-downloaded the game with the same results. Very annoying and it makes me really mad that I had to pay that much for a game which is not playable. I would have thought that the Collections games were of better quality. The game is a dud yet it could hav3 been a really fun game to have.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 27, 12 2:18 AM
Gyongy, I'd recommend running through the updates Baikal linked to in the post above and I can also suggest trying to disable the custom cursor from the Options menu.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Tech Support if none of these steps have helped.

bfgRhone

puzzgamer1
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by puzzgamer1 on Jun 27, 12 9:11 AM
Just curious. What is the problem that you have to NOT use the game cursor? AND your pc meets the requirements and drivers updated? Why in this game and several others? Most games run ok... Is a shame to only use generic cursor because you miss out on important clues and info because unless you click on Everything you don't actually know what you are missing. There really Should be a fix for this game. Is very odd that testers didn't notice this problem.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by AliFowler on Jun 29, 12 10:19 AM
Right now it is 12:00 in my time zone and I bought the game around 9:00, and have been playing it. I am at the part where you put the books in order, and I am putting them in right but nothing is happening!! I don't know what to do!! Please help me quickly! You can also e-mail me at [Removed by Moderator]

And I am very far in the game and I really don't feel like starting over!
I haven't had any slow, freezing, etc. problems. HELP!!!!!!!

Edited on 07/03/2012 at 2:24:19 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 3, 12 2:48 AM
Hi puzzgamer1,

We know that the custom cursors in some games do not function as well as they should so we will always suggest changing to the system cursor as this normally helps resolves things.

The reason custom cursors can appear sluggish is due to how they are built. A custom cursor is simply a 'layer' that is placed over the system cursor to emulate its movements.

Unfortunately, on some systems, that 'layer' doesn't sync up as well as it should, for example, if you have an animated system cursor. Not syncing correctly can cause a lag and that is why the custom cursor is often referred to as jumpy or sluggish.

AliFowler - have you checked the built in Strategy Guide to ensure that all required parts of this task have been completed? I would encourage you to do so as often, ensuring all tasks (no matter how minor) have been completed will aid progression.

I hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 07/03/2012 at 2:49:39 AM PST

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Jul 4, 12 12:16 PM
This my 2nd go-round on this game. It is tooooo slow but could be my computer. I simply cannot place the heart on the statue. I already put the goblet in her hands and cannot proceed at this point. Need help.

agedog1
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by agedog1 on Jul 9, 12 1:41 PM
Something is wrong with this game. It takes a long long time to go from one scene to another and everything is in SLOW motion. Do the Developers know about this problem? I sat for 3 minutes waiting for the town to load so I could do something. This is NNNNOOOOTTTT normal!

agedog1
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by agedog1 on Jul 9, 12 1:45 PM
See my above post PLUS I want to add that I haven't had any problems with my games in 7 months so it ISN'T my computer. It's the game. Also I have to change to system cursor Everytime I decide to play the game.

Game has lots of BUGS it seems and I paid $13.99 for the darn thing.

Ealo
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Ealo on Jul 10, 12 11:14 PM
Hi, I am having the same problem, not being able to put the tickets together. It won't let me move the pieces. I updated my drivers and anything else that needed to be updated. I went through the SG. to see if I missed anything and I didn't. Also even though I don't need them It will only let me click on the 1 purple flower not both of them. I can't move ahead until I put the ticket together. Please help as I like this game and don't want to trash it. Thank you in advance. I also uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing.

Go to: