snookataylor
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:The Mac version is here! June 21st 2012

[Post New]by snookataylor on Jun 26, 12 7:42 AM
As you will see by my earlier messages I was getting white screens when it came to the cutscenes. I contacted Tech Support and sent a Dr Felix Report. Tech support has advised me that the problem is my graphics card, which unfortunately cannot be updated, so sometimes I can play the games, other times not. I have now downloaded this game onto my MacBook Air, version 10.7.3 and it works beautifully.

I hope the rest of you can get your problems sorted with Tech Support, as this game is brilliant - one of the best I've played so far.
Thanks Tech Support.

Riquelme
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Riquelme on Jun 28, 12 4:19 PM
Will there be a update?

eulea76
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by eulea76 on Jul 6, 12 1:47 PM
I'm on an Air running 10.7.4 and get nothing. Go figure.

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by scs2 on Jul 7, 12 5:16 PM
A quick count a minute ago shows 43 Mac users have written to say that the game is unplayable. 3 comments posted after the Mac release date from gamers (who may or may not be Mac users) look like they're actually able to play the game. The tech support person who answered my Doctor Felix report gave me a "possible fix" that involved going into the files and deleting code that program seemed to be writing -- not something I"m willing to do.

And yet the only response from the Big Fishies seems to be the usual cheerful "Contact Tech Support" -- nothing about what quality control is in place and what the developer plans to do (there were an equal number of issues when the PC version was released).

To top it off, this is one of the "Top Ranked" games that's being sold for half price this weekend -- with no warning that it's unplayable. (As well as no warning on the ERS games that until the most recent game, moving the cursor into Inventory causes a pop up screen and that none of the Jewel Quest games is playable on Lion).

I think Tech support is great; I'd like to see more concern and more information fromf the Big Fishies

therat03
Clownfish
Clownfish
646 Posts

[Post New]by therat03 on Jul 10, 12 7:16 PM
Knock on wood, but the temporary fix offered by Customer Service (uninstall, delete a particular save file) for my setup seems to be working. My thanks to the very helpful and polite tech support staff. You made an unpleasant situation a little better and I appreciate it.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 16, 12 12:59 PM
We have a new Mac version available for Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition!

This new version fixes the problem with the game crashing on launch or any crashing after relaunching the game.

We apologize greatly for the trouble. If the update has not already populated in your Game Manager, you can uninstall and reinstall the game to apply this latest update. Steps on how to do that can be found in the following help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any problems with this game, you can contact our Customer Support team with any further questions or concerns.

bfgMonongahela

Re:UPDATED Mac version is here! July 16, 2012

[Post New]by sweetdidi77 on Jul 21, 12 1:16 AM
I try again this game, now I can play BUT I cannot see the cutscenes because the screen turns white!, did not even finish playing the free hour and uninstalled it again.

Re:UPDATED Mac version is here! July 16, 2012

[Post New]by analogmama on Aug 20, 12 2:18 PM
Is there a fix for the white screen? I'm on 10.5.8 and nada. Someone posted about deleting a file and the video works? What file is this?

My updates are up to date (for everything else beside the OS ), I uninstalled, restarted, and reinstalled, and still White Screen.

Edited on 08/20/2012 at 2:19:50 PM PST

Go to: