bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Post any Skyborn technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 5, 12 11:30 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are getting stuck in the cavern area. If you haven't tried already, you can uninstall and reinstall the game to get the latest version that was released on June 29, 2012. You can find more information about that update to the game here.

If that isn't helping, please let our Tech Support team know so they can look into the problem further.

I hope that helps, and happy gaming!

bfgSeine

Cinders31
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by Cinders31 on Jul 5, 12 5:41 PM
bfgSeine wrote:Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are getting stuck in the cavern area. If you haven't tried already, you can uninstall and reinstall the game to get the latest version that was released on June 29, 2012. You can find more information about that update to the game <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/215346.page">here</a>.

If that isn't helping, please let our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> team know so they can look into the problem further.

I hope that helps, and happy gaming!

bfgSeine

I bought the game on: 07/02/12, so I do not think the latest version is an issue with me.
My issues with game did not start until near finishing it. Uninstalling and re-installing would remove my progress and it would take awhile for me to get to the same place. I am not sure I want to put in all the hours all over again, especially as this is not a guaranteed fix for the problem.

radar52
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by radar52 on Jul 7, 12 9:06 AM
In Nordenwald subterranean, behind the blue door, in the structure, there are many hallways and areas I can't walk down. I can see the monsters to fight, but I can't get to them, and I can't find the 3 of spades because I can't go down these hallways.

Alikamou
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Alikamou on Jul 7, 12 11:20 AM
you need to find pathways that link and backtrack to the area

SPOILER ALERT:
If you keep going in one direction...you will find that it loops on that level until you come to a divide you that have to detour around, so you will eventually get to those sparklies and monsters. Check out each level and you'll get all the sparklies and monsters, then follow the arrows.

Edit: Sorry radar52...subterranean area...blue button door...button located in northwest area of that maze. Also yellow button for Ace. Then you can continue into last ruin. Best place to level up with many sparklies

Edited on 07/08/2012 at 2:20:57 PM PST

[Post New]by sean816 on Jul 9, 12 7:40 AM
im trying to get to the celestial elevator and as soon as i exited Blackstone industry...my character would move automatically to the right.I couldn't freely move her. I could go up or down but once i let go of the arrow keys...she went right. I can't get her to move left at all.

Alikamou
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Alikamou on Jul 9, 12 8:06 PM
Oh, you got stickied..simple fix cause this happens from tiem to time with all these rpg games LOL You just need to save so you don't lose your spot and reboot your pc. Simple...just delays playing time

Edited on 07/09/2012 at 8:07:16 PM PST

[Post New]by Cloudrose on Jul 17, 12 9:10 AM
I am stuck in front of the canal and no mater how many times I try I can not jump it.
Edit: I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it still will not let me jump over the canal.

Edited on 07/17/2012 at 9:42:09 AM PST

harmonic42
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by harmonic42 on Jul 17, 12 10:51 AM
Cloudrose wrote:I am stuck in front of the canal and no mater how many times I try I can not jump it.
Edit: I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it still will not let me jump over the canal.

Face to the left, just like Red Spectre did, and press enter.

jeu_addict
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by jeu_addict on Jul 18, 12 2:21 PM
Like Radar52, there are many places I can't walk to in Nordenwald subterranean. More precisely : with the mouse, wherever I click, it won't respond. But then, if I use arrow keys, I can walk almost everywhere. I find it quite weird Also, in my case I have the problem from the very 1st minute I enter this area. Indeed, Claret walked a little to the left, then close to the wall. And from there, impossible to get her to move.

The 1st time I had the problem, indeed I had been playing for many hours in a row. Then I just thought it was too much for my poor PC (memory or whatever...). Then I saved, exited the game, and shut down the computer (it was a few days ago)

I tried again just now. It is not as worse as last time. But again, there are many moves that I can't make with the mouse. But if I try with arrow keys, it will work... Quite happy I had figured out myself about the arrow keys (this is my first RPG game...) otherwise I would have missed the blue switch

Anyway, I will keep on trying. I've also read carefully Alikamou's answer to Radar52, and will read it again before my next attempt.

I just wanted to report on this, in case others have the same problem. Last thing, I bought the game last week. Hence it's already the updated version

Grgramma16
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Grgramma16 on Jul 26, 12 7:13 AM
Hi -- I was in the subterranean cavern in the Nordenland woods when all of a sudden Claret stopped walking. I tried everything I could think of but couldn't get her to move. Then I got one final idea and that was to switch from using the mouse to using the arrow keys and it worked. Soooo whenever the figure stopped I'd switch from mouse to keys and finished the quest. Hope this will help anyone who may have the same problem.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 26, 12 11:38 AM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you noticing the mouse not working, I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the game. That may help to get that control back so you can continue using the mouse rather than the keyboard if you'd prefer. You can find more information on how to do that here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If that isn't helping, please let our Tech Support team know what you're experiencing so they can help further.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by benjaminzr on Jul 27, 12 7:21 PM
I was supposed to get the special trade permit from Blackstone Industries but I went back for the spade cards. Now I am stuck in the airship forge and can't get out. The doors don't seem to work anymore.

I have tried installing the updated version but I am still stuck. Being the idiot that I am, I saved the game while stuck in the airship forge. Now I can't do anything.

Re:Post any Skyborn technical issues ( href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/1442)

[Post New]by debbo34 on Jul 30, 12 9:18 AM
I am having the same issue as some others I can not jump. I just bought the game on 7/30/12. I tried uninstalling and re-installing and it didn't help. I pressed every key on the key board and every button on the mouse to no avail. I read the game developers forum and other forums seems a few other people are having the same issues but no solution posted. Can't proceed in the game without jumping so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Debbie

Don38
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

CAN'T JUMP!!!

[Post New]by Don38 on Jul 30, 12 9:34 AM
Bought this game a couple of days ago and after leaving the hideout with the Red Spectre discovered I can't jump. I've pressed every key on the keyboard and clicked every mouse button with no results. At this point, I'm stuck!! I also discovered that pressing "ESC" does not get me the menu to exit the game. I had to do "Alt Tab" to get back to the desktop and then close the game from the taskbar. I've read all the "Can't Jump" posts, but they don't work. Could use some help here.

harmonic42
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by harmonic42 on Jul 30, 12 11:43 AM
Try as I might, I cannot recreate the cannot jump issue.

It's a problem in how I explained it (or didnt explain it, rather) rather than a bug. You have to do is face the canal, and press enter, or space bar, or left click it.

Good luck

Don38
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by Don38 on Jul 30, 12 2:01 PM
I am not trying to jump a canal. Upon leaving the hideout the first time and telling Claret to follow him, Red Spectre jumps up on a barrel and then up one more level and then down a level, while heading for the airdock. When I get to the barrel, I can't make Claret jump onto the barrel. I've tried everything, but it's a no go. As near as I can tell, more than myself is having this problem. Am I not supposed to be following him at this point or is there another route through the level?.

[Post New]by debbo34 on Jul 30, 12 3:27 PM
hey Don I tried everything as well and I still can't jump after leaving the Red Spectre cave. I am thinking that since it seems the people having issues all bought the game after the update. Maybe the problem didn't exist in the older version and that's why other people can jump.

Don38 wrote:I am not trying to jump a canal. Upon leaving the hideout the first time and telling Claret to follow him, Red Spectre jumps up on a barrel and then up one more level and then down a level, while heading for the airdock. When I get to the barrel, I can't make Claret jump onto the barrel. I've tried everything, but it's a no go. As near as I can tell, more than myself is having this problem. Am I not supposed to be following him at this point or is there another route through the level?.

Edited on 07/30/2012 at 3:28:02 PM PST

harmonic42
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by harmonic42 on Jul 30, 12 3:39 PM
Aha.

You can't jump in Skyborn. What you need to do is go inside the weapon shop. Then go right, and down, and you'll be fine

No bug, just confusion on where to go. Hope that helps.

Edited on 07/30/2012 at 3:40:06 PM PST

[Post New]by debbo34 on Jul 30, 12 4:21 PM
Yes that worked thanks so much for your help.

harmonic42 wrote:Aha.

You can't jump in Skyborn. What you need to do is go inside the weapon shop. Then go right, and down, and you'll be fine

No bug, just confusion on where to go. Hope that helps.

Don38
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by Don38 on Aug 1, 12 11:03 AM
Yep, that resolved the issue. There is a lot of misinformation on the web about this. An in depth readme would be a good thing. Thanks all!

Don

Go to: