bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Post any Infected: The Twin Vaccine Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 24, 12 11:50 AM
Hi Fishies,

Thanks so much for trying that suggestion about reinstalling. Knowing that didn't work for you will really help us pinpoint what the issue is.

I have passed on that info to our team here, but please do continue to send in Dr. Felix Reports as they'll have all the technical specifics of what's going on.

And I also wanted to let you know that even though it's Sunday, we are working on getting this resolved for you. We hope to have an update with everything working correctly really soon!

Thanks again!

bfgMonongahela

Re:Post any Infected: The Twin Vaccine Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Jun 24, 12 12:06 PM
Same issue here about SG only use it because I paid for it // I am so tired of the games not being ready to play fully from start to finish I am also NOT going to keep installing and unstalling and re installing because of the internet service that I have it takes anywhere from 40 minutes to 2 hours to download these games and I just dont want to continue doing this as it also uses up my GB's

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by netnanna on Jun 24, 12 1:58 PM
I had terrible time lags between scenes, varying from 8 to 12 seconds!! even though I turned the options down to Low Quality for slow PCs (which mine isn't). Will try again tomorrow with a clean re-boot to see if that helps, if not, I certainly won't be buying.
Update:
No better on re-boot, think I'll move this to Technical Problems as no-one else seems to be affected.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jun 24, 12 2:20 PM
SG doesn't work past Chapter two for me either. Haven't heard of it working for anyone else, so this is an issue that needs to be addressed by BF and the devs.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jun 24, 12 3:16 PM
I posted a message, along with a Dr. Felix report, to TS concerning this game but will add my remarks here along with everyone else. This is a great game up until you get to the "blue apartments" and that is as far as you can go. Having spent my life in Quality Control it makes me wonder if the developers of all these games even understand the concept. BF is simply our distributor and it is the developers job to put out a reliable product so I have absolutely no complaint with BF and hope that BF will pass on the comment to the developers.

Lilac13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by Lilac13 on Jun 24, 12 3:19 PM
The Strategy Guide will not open past Chapter 2/the demo. Is there a fix for this yet? Thanks!

jessmom01
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by jessmom01 on Jun 24, 12 3:51 PM
Don't know if this will help anyone or not, but i had the problem with inability to access the SG past chapter 2 also. I went back & found that i'd missed doing something that finished the chapter (sorry, i can't remember what it was 0), but after i completed all tasks for that chapter, the SG moved on with me. All i could think was that maybe it was programmed that way. Whether its a glitch or programming, it's frustrating as heck.

Edited on 06/24/2012 at 3:52:45 PM PST

[Post New]by MLLatbigfish on Jun 24, 12 3:53 PM
I sent a Dr Felix report - I am reluctant to redownload and start the whole game over again if I can avoid it.

Has anyone done that AND fixed the problem? The only posting I see here says that did not work for them.

(Missing strategy guide after chapter two issue)

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Jun 24, 12 4:02 PM
Sounds like a very interesting game but I won't even try it till the Strategy Guide issue is fixed.

kega
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by kega on Jun 24, 12 4:06 PM
I am having trouble using things in my inventory. You are supposed to open a strong box, using a hairpin, but when I try to approach the box with the hairpin, the pin jumps back into the inventory. Can't move forward to finish the HOG in the pawnshop.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jun 24, 12 4:14 PM
Just tossing my lot in too with the strategy guide...

slotfish
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by slotfish on Jun 24, 12 4:29 PM
problems also with the SG

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Jun 24, 12 4:50 PM
another game that doesn't work. lags bad and can't pick up inventory items. thats 3 in the past week. 3 times a charm they say. so i'm cancelling my membership.

Howdyholly
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Howdyholly on Jun 24, 12 6:19 PM
Hi, I deleted the game and Re-installed it and I still can't get beyond chapter two in the stratgey guide and I am still stuck, and once again I am disappointed. Where is the QC??? Dang!

For those of you that are experiencing issues with the integrated Strategy Guide - we are working on getting that straightened out for you. If you'd like to get in touch with our Tech Support team and send them a <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1688/kw/felix>Dr. Felix Report</a>, that will help us pinpoint where the problem is coming from and get it fixed that much faster. You can read more about how to get that info to us <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>here</a>.

We also have a troubleshooting suggestion for you to try in the meantime - because this issue could be related to the process of converting the trial version of the game to the full version, it might help to completely uninstall the game and then reinstall the full version from your <a href="https://store.bigfishgames.com/my_account/my_purchase_history.php">Purchase History</a>. This way the SG will be downloaded as part of the whole installation process, rather than added to the game files already on your computer.

For more information about uninstalling and reinstalling a game, please check out the help article <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/492/kw/uninstall>here</a>.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Jun 24, 12 7:23 PM
I was playing the demo, and the guide wouldn't work for me at all, I got just a X and nothing listed. So add me to the list, I'm going to hold off on considering buying till the guide is fixed for sure.

Edit: Ok, reopening the game after I posted this made the guide at least appear, but with all the issues people are having I think I will still hold off till it's 100% fixed.

Edited on 06/24/2012 at 7:32:09 PM PST

pixpuflu
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Trouble with HOG scene

[Post New]by pixpuflu on Jun 24, 12 8:19 PM
In the first HOG scene with the van I am having trouble picking up the door key and the oil can. I have to go out and come back in several times in order to pick them up. After I pick them up I have trouble getting them to work. Am I the only one?

[Post New]by ladyluck278 on Jun 24, 12 8:23 PM
I read the Faqs, i read all the info in this forum, i also uninstalled and reinstalled the game x2, so please do not tell me those things again. Sorry just sometimes I post and say i have done the above then get several people telling me to do it, lol, like they didn't even read the post. Ok now to get to the point.

I purchased the game. The demo worked fine for me. Now the game is not working at all. After purchasing it and downloading it i click play, it acts like it wants to load then goes back to the game manager. I know it isn't anything on my end as the demo worked fine.

I have never had an issue with any game on here, reg or collectors edition.

Thank you for your time

[Post New]by Idahonative on Jun 24, 12 9:09 PM
I started to have a similar problem to this, only I made it to the broken stairs in the Blue Apartment section:

kega wrote:I am having trouble using things in my inventory. You are supposed to open a strong box, using a hairpin, but when I try to approach the box with the hairpin, the pin jumps back into the inventory. Can't move forward to finish the HOG in the pawnshop.

I can't click on the broken and stairs and then take something out of the items, I can also not take something out of the items and try to use it, the item goes back into inventory. The game started off with me being able to use the items either way, then it went to only being able to use it when you clicked on the "broken item" (the stairs for instance) and brought up a close up screen.

Edited on 06/24/2012 at 9:12:52 PM PST

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Jun 24, 12 9:52 PM
I am another game purchaser who cannot access the SG...and it does not do a whole lot to make me happy telling me to uninstall/reinstall...it still does not work and by the time you get it fixed I will have finished the game by looking at the forums for help if needed. I paid the CE price which included the SG and maybe you should look at some compensation to the customers who could not use it. It would be a really good CS move since the quality control of this product is lacking. I hate getting half way through a great game and then having to start all over just to fix and problem that should have been caught during testing.

Edited on 06/24/2012 at 9:54:49 PM PST

Nana6177
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Nana6177 on Jun 24, 12 10:55 PM
dk5793 wrote:Add me to the list of folks who can't use the SG beyond Chapter 2. When are you going to allow beta testers to try the entire game instead of the first couple of chapters? Then you'd know about these problems in advance and could be proactive instead of reactive.

DK

Love it!!... Right ON!!!!

Go to: