Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Comments for Night In The Opera

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 27, 12 1:51 AM
cbtx wrote:I think you have to continue to play the M3 games, as edmee suggests, to open up HOS. The first HOS is on the mirror in the diva's room, after which the first bonus in the M3 opens up (spray bottles).

AHA !! Thank you, cbtx. Will continue with the M3 games then. I wish that darn HINT button was more helpful. LOL

And thank you too, Hapless. Yes, rather confusing this one. But love it anyway.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 27, 12 2:06 AM
OK, I played another M3 game, and then got a record. I love that little place where you can listen to music.

And then I got the HOS. Yayyy.... And in that HOS I found the bonus item that will be added to the Store.

I must say, they could have explained it a little in the tutorial how this works.

Well, I am loving this game, especially now that I am starting to get the hang of it.

Oh, and I loved that HOS. Beautiful and clear graphics, and nice interactions as well.

Edited on 06/27/2012 at 2:08:12 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jun 27, 12 2:08 AM
It is confusing, but the more I play the more I like it----it is a refreshing change to have to find your own way. And I haven't even begun to figure out a lot of it!

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jun 27, 12 2:11 AM
One thing I haven't figured out is the point of the teapot in the M3 boards.

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Jun 27, 12 2:13 AM
Hi fishy`s, i too found this confusing, but for some reason i think i quite like it !! i`m a total hog fan, and dont much care for match 3 but it didn`t put me off .
i cheated a bit on the match 3, if you hold your mouse button down and just wave it across the board on the masks, it pretty much does it for you, may help if you cant really see the difference in the masks ?? I found you have to do 3 or 4 m3 games to get a bit further, it gives you items to use in the other rooms and builds points to spend in the store, think just out of curiosity i will use a game credit to buy this,

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Jun 27, 12 2:16 AM
hi cbtx, i think the coffee pot is like a caffiene fix, it lets you speed up the m3 game and boosts your points, if you click on the ? top left of screen it tells you in there i think

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jun 27, 12 2:24 AM
Yes, you definitely have to play the M3 to trigger HOS and to earn inventory items to progress - at least that is how it seems. I am having fun with this game, just figuring out how to play it is proving quite fun. Quite clever devs!

Oh... okay, thank you Crispypot. I remember now it said something about the hot chocolate giving you "energy" and then I forgot to try it. I am going to try it now.
i`m a total hog fan, and dont much care for match 3 but it didn`t put me off .
I agree. Okay... back to it... it's kind of addicting.

eta: I forgot to ask what I came here to ask.... Oops. What is the deal with the store? Does that add things to the M3 boards? or what??

Edited on 06/27/2012 at 2:26:09 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 27, 12 2:49 AM
This is fun, reading all the sorting out what this game is. After 40 minutes of trial I had played 6 levels and 3 beautiful HOS. My take is this is basically an M3 game which I love, swaps so far, and working some special tiles out the bottom. One looks like a coffee bean, but it is chocolate per the tutorial, and fills that hot chocolate poto on M3 screen bottom right. I clicked on it and if "fizzled" til it was empty to be refilled. I think it speeded up the play, not sure as I'm on Relaxed,

Then another door opened in the Hall for another HOS. It was in the Diva's room there were 3 spray perfume bottles to find. Then, those appeared in the store at I think 50 points, I bought 2. Havennt figured how but are powerups in M3.

Also in Hall the music library opened when I found a record (I think) and I had Carmen if I want to put it on the player for some listening. Not sure if that then plays while doing more game. I turned it off and am enjoying the relaxing music already there.

May have some "adventure" elements as far as a story goes, finding the murderer, but it is so different, combo of HOS with M3. I think the more items you find in HOS as they open, the morer goes into the store to buy to further the M3 game.

That is my take anyway. Along with WIDESCREEN on my laptop and gorgeous colorful HOS, easy to see objects, and that I can alwys use a new and interesting M3. This one appears out of any box of genres, it's unique in its own way.

Def a punch on my June card, have 2 to fill and was just waiting for something different to use a pcc on. Nothing to lose when it's free, end of month, just need one more.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 27, 12 3:28 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:eta: I forgot to ask what I came here to ask.... Oops. What is the deal with the store? Does that add things to the M3 boards? or what??

I think someone said earlier that you use those items in the main scenes. Like when you need something to identify the poison in the wine bottle and such - just guessing here now. But I think that's what those items are for. And you can buy more than 1 of each, so I gather each object has a function in different parts of the game.

And yes, about that coffee bean you get and which is added to the coffee pot. I did read what that was about, that I only have 1 night to solve the crime, and that when I am getting tired that a pot of coffee will keep me awake. And I am guessing that it might just be for the M3 games, but not sure how it would work. LOL

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Jun 27, 12 3:54 AM
Not a fan of M3 games - ruined the H.O. feature for me. Not a buy

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Jun 27, 12 4:07 AM
Valdy wrote:
shadowfax44 wrote:eta: I forgot to ask what I came here to ask.... Oops. What is the deal with the store? Does that add things to the M3 boards? or what??

I think someone said earlier that you use those items in the main scenes. Like when you need something to identify the poison in the wine bottle and such - just guessing here now. But I think that's what those items are for. And you can buy more than 1 of each, so I gather each object has a function in different parts of the game.

And yes, about that coffee bean you get and which is added to the coffee pot. I did read what that was about, that I only have 1 night to solve the crime, and that when I am getting tired that a pot of coffee will keep me awake. And I am guessing that it might just be for the M3 games, but not sure how it would work. LOL

***SPOILER ALERT***
You can use the spray bottles in the M3 scenes - they clear away a load of tiles - so very handy if you want to bring down say, for example, the water drops to bottom of screen. They are 50 coins each from the store once you can access them. Just click on the spray bottle and it will highlight the tiles that you can clear away.

Hope that helps.

Edited on 06/27/2012 at 4:08:28 AM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jun 27, 12 4:23 AM
This game is different, I know I will be buying this game,The few minutes I played i knew it is a keeper, thx DEV's for all your many hours of hard work and time..Thx BF for a great game this morning..The graphics are so clear and I just love the music..
Kuddo's DEV's and BF

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 27, 12 4:37 AM
QEIII wrote:***SPOILER ALERT***
You can use the spray bottles in the M3 scenes - they clear away a load of tiles - so very handy if you want to bring down say, for example, the water drops to bottom of screen. They are 50 coins each from the store once you can access them. Just click on the spray bottle and it will highlight the tiles that you can clear away.

Hope that helps.

So they are power-ups after all, as I thought in the first place? And none of the things we can buy in the shop can be used outside of the M3 games?

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Jun 27, 12 5:45 AM
Valdy wrote:

Hope that helps.

So they are power-ups after all, as I thought in the first place? And none of the things we can buy in the shop can be used outside of the M3 games?

I haven't used them in other scenes, just the M3 part - although other fishies in this thread have said they had, so wouldn't like to say for absolute sure. The power-ups are on the LHS of the M3 scenes. I did mention the power-ups in my earlier post but didn't go into details so perhaps you missed it Valdy, might have saved you some puzzlement!!

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Jun 27, 12 5:49 AM
OK, played just under half the demo...and I don't hate it, but that's as far as I'm willing to go. Maybe I'm just in the wrong mood, I'll try it again later. Right now it just seems to disjointed to me.

Oh, and I DO hate opera, so that is not an incentive.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jun 27, 12 5:53 AM
I just finished the demo and I hate the Match 3 part of it the most because the chips are so much alike,it gets frustrating. I also find the game kind of slow going. It just isn't something I'd enjoy.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 27, 12 6:12 AM
QEIII wrote:
Valdy wrote:

Hope that helps.

I haven't used them in other scenes, just the M3 part - although other fishies in this thread have said they had, so wouldn't like to say for absolute sure. The power-ups are on the LHS of the M3 scenes. I did mention the power-ups in my earlier post but didn't go into details so perhaps you missed it Valdy, might have saved you some puzzlement!!

Yes, I did miss that. Thanks, QEIII. I will just go with the flow and see what happens next in the game.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Jun 27, 12 6:42 AM
was a little surprised because the story is about to find who murdered the diva?
i have not understood anything with the end
some questions without answers:i found some items(pike) and in the next M3,doesnot find anything which give me the possibility to earn this!
i finished game with 3 items not find and unable to buy anymore in store!
and i was not able to do last puzzle!when i click on it it throw me in final cutscene????
don't want to begin again all these lllloooonnnnggggg M3 scenes to know what happens!
for me too much M3,not enough ho and not enough adventure,so story not clear
devs,very good ideas,but perhaps better balance between the 3 parts for next game?hum?

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Jun 27, 12 6:52 AM
Hi again

Yes edmee far far too many M3 games.It all started off so promisingly. Now I'm a little bit concerned about that last puzzle did you manage to resolve the problem?

Linda

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jun 27, 12 7:09 AM
Thanks to all who posted here in the comments thread,
I got farther in the demo than I thought I would. Have
found and used the reagents to test the wine and
determine which poison killed the diva.

So far, I haven't used any power-ups in the M3s; nor have
I bought anything in the store, but my money totals seem
to go up and also down. Still trying to figure that out.

I do find the graphics clear and the rooms, so far, are
beautiful. Interactive items in the HOs are fun.
CDs to play in the Music Room are a nice touch.

Find the masks in M3s too similiar for easy play and
I think I would like less m3s and more HOPA, but that
may change as I play more of the game.

I will be using a PCC on this one just to see where it goes.

Go to: