Re:Reviews for Fierce Tales: The Dog's Heart Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Short_Starfish on Jun 29, 12 12:28 AM
Sorry but I got bored early on. I did trial for the full hour but too many HO and the problems were fairly simplistic and common. The most challenging thing was the cemetery gate and that's when the trial ended.

allynann
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by allynann on Jun 29, 12 1:06 AM
Great game no problem playing the demo at all. its a buy buy buy.

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Jun 29, 12 4:54 AM
I like this game--for all the positive reasons already posted! It's a different spin on a game to have the dog as a hero and I love dogs! I will purchase it after the first of July, when I get my disability check and will also start a punchcard.

Thank you BF and DEVS for a dual release from an appreciative Mac user and avid casual gamer!

[Post New]by Glossary on Jun 29, 12 4:59 AM
WOW! What a Fierce Tales game, it has it all for me. Enjoyed the story, scenery and the graphics were spectacular. This one is going on my favorites list.

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jun 29, 12 5:24 AM
BASED ON FINISHING GAME AND BONUS - Congratulations and kudos on this really great game. Six hours of play plus almost 2 hours for bonus.

Very imaginative and not the same old worn out scenarios. Great storyline - I am so grateful that the game contained no occultism, wizardry, satanic rituals in it. I can't say the introductions to the main game and bonus games were to my liking because of the obvious violence in them - I'm sure this enticed more people to buy it - but I almost shut the trial down and skipped the game because of it. The only thing that convinced me to keep playing was that adorable dog Pippa. I'm glad I did. After the opening scenes there is only one other incidence of this type of violence. The bonus game storyline in a way should have been a prequel to the game. Spoiler - * Storyline is from his point of view and answers some questions* Interesting and good game play but doesn't detract or add to the beautiful ending of the main game.

Graphics: Awesome scenes. I almost forgot at times why I was there because I was looking around at all the detail. Lots of places to go and no shoe leather wasted because of the interactive map! The map also is a clue to what areas become closed to you as the storyline progresses.

Play Modes: Casual with sparkles, Advanced with few, Hardcore - no sparkles and you can't skip any mini-games. Sound, music, custom cursor choices. Music was pleasant and not intrusive. Screen Savers and Bonus not available until finished. Would have preferred to have the mini-games and HOGs available for extra play instead.

HOG and Mini-games: HOGS could have had more color but were interactive and not a junky junk pile - kept to theme! Mini-games were challenging but didn't drive me crazy. You could actually find items they weren't teeny tiny!

Interactive Map: One of the best I've used. They provide pictures of the scene so it's easier to remember. Of course you younger people don't have CRS syndrome! But it s a real help to some of us! LOL!

Journal and Strategy Guide: - Has both in CE; the journal could have had a larger font and the pictures could have also been a bit larger - but on the whole I only had to use them a few times and that was more in the bonus game.

Definite 10+ for me!

Edited on 06/29/2012 at 6:18:19 PM PST

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 29, 12 10:38 AM
I like this game, but I am a animal lover and didn't like the dog's being injured. I think we will buy this game later. ---------Doug & Lisa

Katysmom1
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Katysmom1 on Jun 29, 12 2:23 PM
This game was great. Story line was easy to follow. Games were not too hard. The art work was fantanstic. Great job

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jun 30, 12 6:25 PM
One of the best games of the year. I Think these developers have a bright future if this is typical of their work. I Wasn't crazy about the Bonus Chapter, but my overall opinion is an A

janey3315
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by janey3315 on Jul 1, 12 12:32 PM
Based on the demo....i love this game. I'm an animal lover. just because it's a new type theme alone is a plus because we HOG lover's are a bit tired of the same story line. The dog's are adorable....

And i must tell you if you haven't taken advantage of the BOGO (Buy one Get one) free CE sale that ends today...go for it...i just did and not only was i able to use 2 game credits for the first purchase, i got the second CE free plus 6 punches....i'm very happy because both CE's were free to me because i had 2 credits to use and now i got another free game because i got 6 punches....

Happy gaming all

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Jul 1, 12 12:54 PM
I loved this game from the onset, couldnt wait to buy, and have played all day.

Now off to play Sisters Legacy on the buy one get one free weekend.

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Jul 2, 12 11:01 AM
It is not my type of game. I did buy it and played thru the bonus. I kept playing because it was something to do in my old age. A little frustrating trying to go from one scene to another. I will give it 2 stars.

Jerry99
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

The Dog's Heart Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Jerry99 on Jul 2, 12 12:21 PM
I enjoyed the different theme of the game. The graphics were excellent, the game good and puzzles etertaining. I would never play the game without the collector's edition and thank goodness for the map. The game moved between so many locations it would have been impossible without the collectors book to tell where the next moves would be made.
Overall a very good game.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Jul 2, 12 12:24 PM
I'm writing my review the day after I finished playing the game (both the main and bonus), cuz my keyboard was being difficult last nite!! Boy, what a long game! Even tho I really enjoyed most aspects of this game, I was almost glad when it was over! By the time I finished the bonus game, my eyes were blurry. I only took one break during playtime, so I estimate this is at least a six or seven hour game. The things I liked were the graphics (gorgeous) and the story line (spooky) and most of the puzzles, although some I skipped for the usual reason, tedious and aggravating. I didn't like, and maybe this was just my computer, but going from some scenes to another seemed to take at least 10 seconds to complete and all I saw was a black screen. Also, and I have seen this more and more, when you try to exit at the bottom of the screen, you get your inventory list instead. Aggravating!! But all in all, I really enjoyed this game, loved the dogs (even the bad ones(!!) - it wasn't their fault!! Definetly worth the money.

feenix

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jul 2, 12 2:30 PM
I really enjoyed this game, but with difficulties. I played the demo and decided to buy, paid and downloaded, but it took several tries to get it to download...seemed to take forever, finally did, but lost all my demo progress and had to start from the beginning.

Lots of HOS and mini games. The mini games were easy in some cases, difficult in others and time consuming in others. SKIP and HINT buttons charge quickly so you can move along if you choose not to spend time with the mini games. HOS tend to be easy, but tricky and interactive. Be sure in any place in the game, includeing HOS that you point the finger, not the item on your intended target otherwise it will not work, this can be frustrating.

Map was useless, not sure why it was there except if you KNEW where you wanted to go, it did provide a jump for you. Journal was basically useless too, but you did have to look at it for some clues now and then. I did use the strategy guide a couple of times.

Graphics were amazing and voice overs not bad. Bonus game was a bit short, but did give you a prequel to the main game. Kinda sad. Anyway a 4.5 in my book. Not sure if it was worth the price of a CE, but I got it on the buy one, get one free sale, so not bad. Main game was quite long, so you get a good run for your money.

MABJBMB
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by MABJBMB on Jul 3, 12 2:35 PM
Just want to vote for more adventure games without so many hidden object scenes or at least better story lines. WANT BETTER GAMES WITH INTELLIGENT PLOTS!! this is not one of them!

MABJBMB
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by MABJBMB on Jul 3, 12 2:37 PM

Edited on 07/03/2012 at 4:23:52 PM PST

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Jul 3, 12 7:13 PM
I didn't enjoy the plot of this game at all. It really made no sense to me and I found myself using the hint button as much as when I first started playing games years ago. I also wore out the SG, probably because I couldn't keep my head in the game. Good thing there was a map that jumped me from place to place, because this game was all over the place. The widescreen worked beautifully, and the hint system was quite short (thank goodness!). The game was very long play, at least 6 or 7 hours, but it seemed like weeks... Never one to quit, I followed up with the bonus play and was really disappointed. It was rather long but made no sense at all. The graphics were quite lovely, though... There was much good about this game, but for me, the bad far outweighed the good.

For this one, I really suggest you trial the whole game before purchasing... for me, the deeper I got into it, the worse it became. Thank goodness there was no eluding to a sequel, I wouldn't buy it, but to each his own. Happy gaming, fishies!!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jul 4, 12 11:08 PM
Well, I have to agree about the pretty snowy scenery, but other than that, the graphics didn't seem anything special. Someone mentioned exciting music? Really? I wonder if there are different soundtracks, because the music I had was nothing but chimes played over and over again in the same boring sequence.

I played all but 2 minutes of the demo before opting out. The game seemed to be moving very slowly for some reason, and I got bored and stopped caring about whether the evildoer would be found and brought to justice or not.

SPOILER: I had a major complaint about the injured dog. It took too much time and too much wandering around doing other stuff before finally getting to the medicine and bandage.

It's a good thing the hints refilled quickly, because I kept using hints just to figure out where to go. I think this was because the tasks didn't seem to have any sensible relationship to the one previous or the one following.

I won't buy even the SE of this one.

Edited on 07/05/2012 at 11:16:22 PM PST

[Post New]by celedka on Jul 5, 12 7:04 AM
wonderful game, I spent a great time playing in it. Nice graphics, funny little pipa, it was interesting to save her! I love doggies so much. there is no cruelty in game and a like it.Thanks to the developers!

[Post New]by ekirey on Jul 5, 12 8:18 AM
Nice game, I like dogs so played with pleasure. Actually I don't think that such a long gameplay is a minus. Adorable graphic and interesting story. Maybe MG could be more complex and a lot of locations so thaks for the map

Go to: