lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

Re:Post any Clairvoyant: The Magician Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by lauder on Jul 3, 12 5:26 AM
I really like this game, It is very enjoyable to play. I hope they find a fix for it real soon then I would definately buy it. Thank you

skamosha
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by skamosha on Jul 3, 12 7:26 AM
same freezing problem, at hot dog stand like cbtx, but my hint button is also frozen as is the menu button -- I had to alt+tab to get back to my desk top and then right click on the game at the bottom of the screen to close it.

I was going to buy this game after completing half the demo, then read of these issues and decided to complete the demo first and see if any problems developed. Glad I waited, since I can't proceed in any way from this point. Thanks fellow fishies!

Really hope this gets fixed -- very much like this game and would definitely buy if only it worked .

Will be on the lookout for a fix.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 3, 12 9:21 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to swim in here and ask that those of you who are experiencing the issue with the game freezing to please help us get to the bottom of the problem by sending in a Dr. Felix Report. This will collect information about how the game is running on your computer that we can use to pinpoint where the issue is coming from and hopefully get things resolved from there.

You can read more about how to send that info to us in the post we've created here.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 07/03/2012 at 9:21:45 AM PST

[Post New]by poppa_nasty on Jul 3, 12 9:42 AM
get so far into game and it tells me "save data corupted use another player"
using a MAC

had a problem with it on PC would go so far and freeze.

susieq12
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by susieq12 on Jul 3, 12 3:21 PM
findlaybears wrote:I've encountered a rather weird glitch. At certain different points of the game, a prompt comes up that states, "Your save data has been corrupted! You must select another player or create a new profile!" So I must have created a new player at least 5 times already and have only managed to get as far in the game to collect 4 cards. I've also uninstalled/re-installed the game but still the same problem.

The odd thing: the prompt is directly from the game and not my system.

Same here and I am so frustrated with this starting over and over again and again.
Have attempted all suggestions by BF and still same old mess. Game needs to be corrected or credit issued as I brought the game.

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Jul 3, 12 3:37 PM
findlaybears wrote:I've encountered a rather weird glitch. At certain different points of the game, a prompt comes up that states, "Your save data has been corrupted! You must select another player or create a new profile!" So I must have created a new player at least 5 times already and have only managed to get as far in the game to collect 4 cards. I've also uninstalled/re-installed the game but still the same problem.

The odd thing: the prompt is directly from the game and not my system.

I am encountering the same thing. I even tried the "Run as administrator" as suggested by the help pages but to no avail. I have contacted customer service and included a Dr. Felix report

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by kathey12 on Jul 3, 12 7:04 PM
"Your save data has been corrupted! You must select another player or create a new profile!"

I have asked for a refund. If there is a fix forthcoming, then I'll repurchase the game.
Good game while it lasted.

Thanks,
Kathey

[Post New]by jstmeginger on Jul 3, 12 8:58 PM
im also getting the same error "Your save data has been corrupted! You must select another player or create a new profile!"its done it twice too me and i brought the game i thought it was fixed i got as far as the cave then it happen again wants up with this

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jul 4, 12 6:11 AM
add me to the carrupted file gang...my name and saved material is wiped off. Couldn't refuse until I crt/alt/del. what is the latest with this obnoxious bug?
kris

rpm604
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by rpm604 on Jul 4, 12 8:09 AM
When will this game be fixed...get to a certain point and I have to start over again as a different player... bummer :o(

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Jul 4, 12 9:08 AM
Pile me into the boat with the 'save data corrupted'! Fun game but I think for now I'll just swim on by.

[Post New]by redondopattie on Jul 4, 12 10:56 AM
where is the fix for this game???? Way too many of the same corrupted message complaints for this not to be taken care of by now??? Come on Big Fish, we love your gamesite but please do not frustrate so many of us all at once??? We all seem to enjoy this game, well up to the point where we all get thrown out as being corrupt?

helpme60
Clownfish
Clownfish
708 Posts

[Post New]by helpme60 on Jul 4, 12 4:11 PM
For those of you who are experiencing the game freezing you might want to try the following instructions that were given to me by customer service in a reply to this problem:

1. From the game folder, click 'Organize'.
2. Select 'Folder and Search Options' from the menu.
3. Click the 'View' tab.
4. Select 'Show hidden files and folders'.
5. Click 'Apply' and then 'OK'.

Now the files should be visible and you can proceed with the steps below.

1. Open your Start menu and click on Computer.
2. Now select the C drive and open the folder 'Users'.
3. Look for the folder with your username and open it. Inside open the folders 'AppData' and then 'Roaming'.
4. Here delete the folder 'Seven Sails'

Afterwards start your game again.

I only did the last 4 steps as I had previously selected to show hidden files and folders. It worked for me; hope it does for you too.

susieq12
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by susieq12 on Jul 4, 12 7:10 PM
Received same information to delete corrupted file and started game over for the 8th time, still same problem. I was really enjoying this game. Am going to attempt once more and then just forget it and request a credit for another game.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 5, 12 2:39 AM
Hi Fishies,

We are aware of this issue so as per bfgMonongahela previous post Here it would be great if you could get in touch with us so we can investigate this and provide you with some help!

Please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. For those of you have already done this, thank you!

This will allow Tech Support to provide some advice tailored to your system and also, help us gather information on what may be causing the trouble.

We are sorry for the trouble Fishies and thank you for your help as we continue to look into this.

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Jul 5, 12 12:05 PM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies,

We are aware of this issue so as per bfgMonongahela previous post <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/20/215595.page#4427721>Here</a> it would be great if you could get in touch with us so we can investigate this and provide you with some help!

Please run a <a href=http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688>Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report</a> and then send that over to our <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>Tech Support Team</a>. For those of you have already done this, thank you!

This will allow Tech Support to provide some advice tailored to your system and also, help us gather information on what may be causing the trouble.

We are sorry for the trouble Fishies and thank you for your help as we continue to look into this.

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

Will ONE Dr. Fleix report be good enough for ALL the games we have that have problems with them? Or...do we have to do one with each game? I've already done one for another game, but didn't help any.
I also have the data corrupted error with this game also.

Why doesn't BF contact these game developers and have them post in here?? Maybe they don't know what is going on with their games?

Edited on 07/05/2012 at 12:06:00 PM PST

elaynemu
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by elaynemu on Jul 5, 12 12:19 PM
I am having both problems and I am not yet through the gate. Have created 3 new profiles and now the game is frozen. Looks like fun but I am definitely not going to buy at this point. The frozen part might be my computer but the corrupted profile is from the game.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 5, 12 1:27 PM
Hi BelindaR53, the Dr. Felix report sends us computer specific information, so one report is good enough for our Tech Support team to troubleshooting various games that you might be having problems with.

For Fishies experiencing the corrupted data error, I encourage you to please contact our Tech Support team so they can gather additional information about the problem. This will help us find a solution sooner so you can get back to enjoying the game.

Happy gaming!

bfgSeine

The Magician Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by LeatherDachshund on Jul 5, 12 11:56 PM
Well, add me to the list of corrupter players. LOL, I mean, the GAME is corrupted. I really enjoyed playing this game because it reminded me of some of the first HO's games I played when Big Fish Games first started. However, with me, I was almost at the end of the game before it failed. ( only two cards left to collect before I was finished. ) I am sorry to say that I do feel better to know that I am not alone with this problem. It is the GAME and NOT my computer that is the cause and needs to be fix. I was about to try all of the things the others tried to fix their games but decided to check this forum first. Thank You to everyone for saving me the time and frustration I would have gone through. I will leave the game alone and check back later to see if Big Fish Games either fixes this problem or if they offer a refund.

[Post New]by lynn_jenkins on Jul 6, 12 3:24 AM
This game is broken, which is too bad because it is really, really fun!

I was going along until the game froze. Totally. I was on the chapter for the four-armed man. Then, the game just froze up. Yes, you can click, but you can't move to another scene and the inventory is suddenly empty. You can't do anything. The game is dead.

Frankly, this is a disgrace. Games like this should not be available for sale -- especially at Big Fish which prides itself on being a superior gaming (particularly HOG) site. Programming errors like this can just be eliminated by careful, through testing.

This is the first HOG in a while in which I was extremely excited. But, since you can't finish the game, it's just a waste of time.

Edited on 07/06/2012 at 3:25:29 AM PST

Go to: