lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

Re:Reviews for Clairvoyant: The Magician Mystery

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jul 3, 12 6:25 AM
we really liked this game, it makes you feel as if you are really into the game. this game is a buy for us.------------doug & lisa

HondaTrike
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by HondaTrike on Jul 3, 12 6:58 AM
My thanks to Megwoman25. I also get tired of strictly hidden objects. So therefore I don't plan on buying this game.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jul 3, 12 8:14 AM
Enjoyable game for a beginner and/or a HOS lover...lots of HOS. Mini games were easy and/or tedious. HINT/SKIP button recharges slowly so don't depend on it too much. HOS were easy but could be tricky. Really don't understand why there was a map...it didn't do anything. Make sure you move the curser all over so as not to skip a vital clue...I did that a couple of times when the game just stopped and I realized I didn't peruse the scenes enough. One thing to watch out for is that the dialog doesn't really continue unless you click on the person again...Rarely used the journal, it was basically useless.

There is a Clairvoyant light that lights up at times which didn't make a whole lot of sense. I just pretty much ignored it....it was sort of a hint thing but wasn't much use.

Seemed to have a good length and the story was interesting. You worked in seperate scenes; once you were completed with one, you did't go back so there wasn't a lot of "running around" as you kept to one scene until you completed it and were moved to the next one. I found it fun and relaxing and feel it was worth the money. A 4 for the type of game it is.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jul 4, 12 1:56 AM
Nice game. Not a real heavy hitter game. Fun hidden objects. I need a lighter game in between all the CE's this is perfect.

Thanks for a great game!!

Annie1115
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Annie1115 on Jul 4, 12 8:12 AM
I think for someone who has just found these types of games, this is the perfect starting point. The game was really well done and offered a number of challenging puzzles. The dialogue was concise and provided significant direction. I chose not to buy it just simply because I was clearing the HOS's in record time and felt like I'd swept through most of the game in the 60 mins allotted. The story just didn't hold my attention. Good little game though!

123train
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by 123train on Jul 5, 12 2:45 AM
I absolutely LOVE this game. It is bright and colorful and relaxing . And Fun Fun Fun !!! Really enjoy the newer concept of having to combine things in the Hos. It has a fun story line and bits of humor (What self-respecting witch loses her broom). Carnivals are fun and so is this game.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jul 5, 12 7:57 PM
Just finished the game. Rather short, but a lot of fun. All puzzles are skippable, but easy enough to solve. easy enough that a walk through shouldn't be necessary. I would recommend it.

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by jonah11 on Jul 7, 12 11:32 AM
Not only does the hint button take a long tome I found it difficult to click out of a sceen to get to another. I like HOG but am thinking about this one.

Chiefcook
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by Chiefcook on Jul 9, 12 2:56 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game especially when things such as pipes were described fully eg smoking pipe - this made it a lot easier to find.

Keep it up!

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Jul 9, 12 5:29 PM
This game is probably excellent for people who love Hidden Object games. I was playing on Expert level. I had three hidden object scenes in 11 minutes. That was two too many for me so early in the game. I prefer more adventure, less hidden object.

The graphics were very clear and the voice over I heard was well done. I wasn't happy that it was just another game with night or dark scenes. I have decided that if the game is dark it is a no buy for me. Get some daylight in your games developers. Since I didn't play very long I will not rate this game. It wouldn't be fair to the developer(s).

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Jul 15, 12 5:03 PM
This was a nice game that I enjoyed the whole way through. Sometimes I want a game that is not so much of a challenge, where the puzzles are playable, the hogs clear and to just relax
This is one of those games.
The graphics were great, I had a very good time playing, it seemed a bit short to me but maybe that was because I was enjoying myself.
4/5 stars

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Jul 18, 12 11:50 AM
Well, what a nice surprise this simple little game is!! I hesitated to try it after reading the reviews and knowing there were mucho HOS. But I have quite a few bonus card coupons to use, so I thought I would give it a try. I was very pleasantly surprised. The graphics aren't the best, but not annoying, nor were the voice overs which usually drive me crazy. But my BIGGEST surprise was the HOS. Yes, there are many, many. But so easy, that they seriously do not interrupt the flow of the game. The story was interesting and the music both fitting and creepy for the carnival atmosphere. It was nice playing a game that didn't have you reaching for the valium (!!) or writing fifty thousand pages of notes so you know what is going on. I like games that are challanging, but this was really nice change of pace. Thanks Devs!!

p.s. In the HOS, what was with the half eaten food themes?? ie: half eaten apple, hotdog, donut, bagel, etc.!!

feenix

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jul 19, 12 5:38 PM
I am enjoying this game....it is pretty easy,,the hidden object scenes are simple & easy ...the mini games are very easy....but i like it anyways...no technical problems at all for me.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 20, 12 12:51 PM
Although, at the time, I didn't feel the game was going to be entertaining enough, I bought it today, and had a great time playing it.

There are a lot of HOS, but this was one time where I didn't mind them at all, because the items were more or less easy enough to find, because most of them had a decent size so I could detect them quickly.

I really didn't think I would like this game and was even a little bored with it when I played the demo, but I was rather surprised as to how much I enjoyed this game, and I played it to the end without a break.

booksmart
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by booksmart on Jul 24, 12 7:54 PM
I kind of enjoyed this game but a couple of things really bugged me about it. Every time I clicked on the sparkles for a HOG (and there are WAY too many of those), my screen goes red and I am told, "Not too fast" as if I've clicked it too many times (and that whole penalty for over-clciking is just stupid in my opinion). This happened for ever single HOG and I only clicked it once - I'm on a mac and have tap clicking on my trackpad - I'm NOT over clicking. The other thing I found really annoying was that in some scenes, the magnifying glass appears for a NANO SECOND over the most MINUTE part of the scene so that they were really easy to miss. In the four-armed man chapter, I nearly went crazy trying to figure out what to do because no matter how many times I checked a scene, I would miss these tiny "windows of opportunity". Too small, devs, really. I don't know if I'll even finish the game it is so annoying. Also the puzzles are way too easy. Was this meant to be for kids?

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jul 30, 12 12:57 PM
Just moved, so its going to take me a while to catch up, on all of the new games, that have been released, this month .

However, I just played the demo of this game, and just REALLY enjoyed it, didn't need a brain taxing game, my brain could use a much needed rest, at this point.
I for one LOVE, lots of H0 scenes, and this game has just that, at least in the demo time, I played.
I am so glad to see that this developer is keeping a lot of H0 scenes, in their games, that is why I purchase H0 games, if they turn H0 games into adventure, without a lot of H0 scenes, I will not be buying H0 games, anymore, so THANKS developers .
I am also a huge fan of carnival games, I have always loved carnivals, and being a clairvoyant, is so FUN, anything with special powers etc, is always a bonus in the game play, for me anyway..LOVE!
And having the extra cards to find, is also something, that I enjoy very much, and is another added bonus, to the game play.
So since I did enjoy the demo so much, this is going to be a buy for me, I can't wait to get back to, playing this game, I just hope it's not a short game, that would be a disappointment, for sure.
THANKS developers, there are still a LOT of us, who LOVE lots of H0 scenes, in our games, just read the reviews, keep making them and I will keep buying them .
Well off to purchase and continue the fun !!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Aug 4, 12 10:17 AM
Well I just finished playing this , and I did enjoy it, and it wasn't as short as I thought it was going to be, since the H0 scenes were pretty easy to do.

Yes, the graphic's could use an update, they weren't terrible, but they just looked a little out-dated, note to developers for future games, they release.
But for what this game was, I think these developers did a good job, and I had a lot of FUN, playing this gem.
It was so worth a coupon, spent on it, the game play just moved, from one scene, to the next, not a lot of running around, which I just LOVE , and lots of H0 scenes, it was perfect, for me .!!
MORE....PLEASE .

[Post New]by Violette_Rose on Aug 10, 12 1:27 PM
The good:
Clear graphics
Good story line
Lots of hidden object scenes
Extras to do

The bad:
The map is useless
The journal is useless
No walkthrough - seriously! How many people need to ask for one before one is made?!?!
The hints button takes ages and ages and ages... to recharge
Can't seem to go back to other areas

Often there is no clear direction on what to do, that added with the lack of walkthrough and stupidly long hint button you are often wandering around aimlessly.

The whole place is also very dark, as in at night. I would like to see some lighter games but some people may like the night scenes.

Brytani02
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Brytani02 on Sep 23, 12 10:04 AM
Sherryah wrote:I am so disappointed in what could have been a great game for me but I hate a game that has back to back hidden object screens. Enough all ready Game developers we have many thousands of hidden object games and I have nearly bought them all in the many yrs I have been a member of BFG.

I completely agree about games that seemingly use HOGS simply to fill time. I'm unsure if it lack of creativity on the developers part or if it because there are so many games, even those that fall into the puzzle or adventure category, with HOGS. In many ways we have no choice but to purchase them. Developers if you are reading this enough with excessive HOGS. Puzzles keep many of us more interested.

As for the good points (demo)

HOGS do have one quality lacking in most games that I really appreciated. After finishing with an interactive item said item immediately clears. A great feature and one I hope more developers use.

Graphics are clear throughout the game and while cartoonist it is pretty. Moving between scenes is easy to follow.

Voice overs are nice and fit in with the story line although it seems to me two actors did all the voices. Each character with tell you an item they want or give info to lead you onto the next part of the game. While there is a lot of back and forth the game is logical and easy to follow without having to revert to a walkthrough.

Now for the negatives....

As already mentioned there are WAY too many IHOGS. Those who enjoy puzzles will soon become frustrated and bored. The few actual puzzles are pretty simple though ones we see over and over.

The hint button leaves a lot to be desired. It will tell you there is nothing to do in a particular area, other than that hints give you a part of the story (which sometimes made no sense) rather than saying where to go next or what item to use.

The story is one we see all too often; someone is missing and you the detective must find what happened to them.

Hints take WAY to long to fill, well over two minutes. One part I found unusual is the puzzle skip feature takes less time than hints.

There is a diary which is not very helpful.

Music, to my ears, was horrible. I turned it off as soon as I could access options.

I'm undecided on purchasing this game. I'm not sure if I really want another IHOG or if I should search more for a game with puzzles. For those who enjoy HOGS this would be a good buy.

I rate it

Edited on 09/23/2012 at 10:07:03 AM PST

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jul 4, 13 6:14 AM
I love this! Really. I have to say this one I may actually buy in CE!

It has so many things to do you can't possibly get bored. The Hos are interactive (very). The mini games are different and hard enough to keep you interested

The graphics and voices are really well done. Beautiful scenes IMO. Extras to find outside of HOs. Even an interactive map!

The only thing I could find that I never care for is the inability to lock the inventory up. I like to see what I'm working with all the time. Even that didn't bother me enough to stop me from buying

I really wish I could continue today but we are off to our local parade! This is the biggest event of the year for my area!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO ALL YOU AMERICANS!!!!

PARTY TIME!

Go to: