Re:Welcome to The History Channel Lost Worlds forum

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on May 16, 10 2:07 PM
I've had the same problem as 2 ppl above me, ever since I downloaded the Magicville demo--keeps saying I have a game running and I don't.

I've tried deleting it from C: drive and using game manager and it won't let me delete.

I'll contact CS on Monday as I want this cleared up now.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on May 16, 10 2:29 PM
SPEEDEO wrote:I have windows 7 and it keeps going back to screen that says thank you for playing would you like to play again. I haven't played first time so I sure don't want to play again. lol

Oh my, another older game that plays "the circle game" on my
new Win 7 computer. I have 60 minutes of game play remaining.
Press play now. Wait a bit then get "Thanks for playing" Play
again? Press Play, etc, etc, etc. Uninstall, reinstall, same thing.
At least I've now learned to only reinstall once.

Reviews don't seem like I'm missing much, so tomorrow is
another day. 16 days and counting trying to find one more DD.
Or maybel another Catch of the Week.

smartsue
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by smartsue on May 16, 10 3:29 PM
I installed the history channel lost worlds game but when I click on "start" I get an error message : "error access violation...... program terminated". Everything on my computer is up to date so don't what the problem is.

smalcom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by smalcom on May 16, 10 3:56 PM
I have XP and the game downloaded and played just fine. It is was a nice game if you like "spot the difference puzzles", with a few "hidden object", some "placing puzzle pieces onto a picture", and a pop quiz occasionallly.

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on May 16, 10 4:07 PM
Thanks for your comments, Fishes! I was just going to buy and download since it looked interesting and cheap - but decided to check the forum. I'm running Windows7 64-bit and just spent the last week blasting it, reloading OS, and then reloading all the programs I need. At this point - anything that would cause a problem would send me right over the edge!

I do believe you all saved my sanity because I won't be touching it now!

sassybee
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by sassybee on May 16, 10 4:46 PM
"just spent the last week blasting it,..."

What does that mean?

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 16, 10 8:29 PM
I really wanted to like this game, espcially since I loved the DD yesterday by the History Channel. I only got 14 minutes into my hour demo and had to quit. I seriously do not like spot the difference and this game is basically spot the difference. The graphics were clear and I had no technical difficulties. (For those with Windows 7, you probably will not be able to run most of these older games because you have the 64 bit. If you had Win 7 with 32 bit, you probably would be able to, but not with 64 bit.)

On initially starting the game, you can select Mesoamerica, Rome, or Egypt to study. I tried both Mesoamerica and Rome and both had five spot the difference for every hidden object, of which there are only one or two total. As with the DD from yesterday, it is really interesting being able to read the history and learn interesting facts in the game and I love history, but I just couldn't get past all those spot the difference games....even for $2.99. If you are like me and don't care for them, you need to run from this game. If you love them, this game is for you.

Edited on 05/16/2010 at 8:35:02 PM PST

kat52
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by kat52 on May 17, 10 12:51 PM
Downloaded on differant site,runs fine,SO.... BF YOU NEED TO GET IT TOGETHER AND FIGURE OUT THIS PROBLEM!

[Post New]by tpierce66 on May 23, 10 12:36 PM
fudgem wrote:I got through the first puzzle okay, then the second was to rebuild the statue of Julius Caesar. Although the instructions were to right click on the pieces to rotate them, this didn't work so the game came to a full stop

I had the same problem with the game. I'm trying out the demo, but can't get passed the puzzle above (I can't rotate the pieces). I'm on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.6.3 and using a wireless mouse. My assumption is that this game simply no longer works with the latest operating system. Would this be correct?

[Post New]by welance on May 23, 10 7:28 PM
I had a similar problem with my Mac running 10.5.8. Instructions say to right click mouse to place puzzle pieces. Mac mice don't do right or left click! There are no other instructions for Mac users. BF lost a sale on this one.

[Post New]by trefoyl on May 29, 10 8:14 PM
Mac users: do not right click to rotate pieces. I found it works if I left click and press space on the keyboard.

[Post New]by West49 on Oct 22, 10 8:19 AM
I have the lost worlds for my Mac, and on the puzzle it won't let me flip them, either. I thought it was a problem with the track pad, thought maybe I needed a mouse for it, but guess not. Have you heard back from Big Fish Games? It takes them several days to get back to you, I've learned, as I've had trouble with the Mystery Case files freezing up, too. Maybe have to just quit buying from Big Fish..??

Go to: