DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Facade: Sinister Obsession Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 5, 12 10:26 PM
patcam52 wrote:Me too, cannot get the radio to work, tried everything have the paper sitting on top of the radio. Will not work at all.

Actually patcam52 has been able to complete this so it is not a technical problem on this occasion.
Hold down the mouse button while you turn the large knob.
Cheers

Edited on 07/05/2012 at 10:26:29 PM PST

Re:Post any Grim Facade: Sinister Obsession Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Charlotte82 on Jul 5, 12 11:15 PM
The whole game was without glitch - then, in the middle of the bonus play, my cursor doesn't function properly anymore. It does, though, when I exit the game and use other programmes. Each time I enter this part of the game, the cursor freezes or moves very slowly.

wheals1
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by wheals1 on Jul 6, 12 6:49 AM
shadowandzeke wrote:I have a problem with the voice overs. The dialogues keep repeating like a record that skips. I usually skip over the dialogue because I read faster than they talk but I can't skip until it says click to continue; so I have to listen to the same words over and over again

Me, too! Broken record on all voiceovers and background music! Irritating!! Needs to be fixed.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Jul 6, 12 8:13 AM
Okay to clarify the update Adobe incident. My Game Manager showed me Dr. Felix, fish, and he told me to update my Adobe. I thought that was great and worth sharing with the pond!
Update: All the problems I was having have been solved since BUT I had to use a new profile.
Good luck fishies!

Laylasmum
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Laylasmum on Jul 6, 12 9:34 AM
Every time I exit the game my computer shuts down!

[Post New]by gma_jo on Jul 6, 12 9:48 AM
Hello Shadowandzeke and vingilot,
I, too, am getting the record-skipping right at the beginning when the maid is explaining things. This pains me because it seems like my kind of game and ERS is among the five or six developers that do not give me an Access Error Message. I will check the help pages, too.
Gma_jo

LaComtesse
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by LaComtesse on Jul 6, 12 11:01 AM
Thank you! You were correct, holding down the mouse button (or on my Mac the Command key) did the trick!

[Post New]by greeneyes488 on Jul 6, 12 1:52 PM
I just touched the knob and it worked! Who would have jguessed?

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jul 7, 12 7:21 AM
Run Error in the bonus section, otherwise, the game ran smoothly. Anyone else run nto this?
kris

carkopp
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by carkopp on Jul 7, 12 5:12 PM
This is one of the first collector edition games I've finished (I'm embarrassed to admit) and it said, "you've completed the game, now play the bonus" and then bang, I was back to the main page in the telephone booth with NOT A CLUE as to how to play the bonus content WHEN IT DOESN'T SAY "BONUS" ANYWHERE! Could someone please tell me what happened...I can't believe I finally made it to a 'bonus' and there isn't one...darn it! I'd appreciate any help...

I'm an idiot! I found the answer through the strategy guide. Now I'm even more embarrassed than I was before! Sorry...

Edited on 07/07/2012 at 5:31:57 PM PST

AnnaGP
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaGP on Jul 7, 12 9:58 PM
Hi, I am having a problem with the door puzzle containing the card suits and chess pieces. The puzzle will not accept the solution card and is refusing to acknowledge the tile I placed in it. It keeps asking for the tile and solution even though I've done one and am trying the other.
Can anyone help?

annag

gamertlc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by gamertlc on Jul 7, 12 10:50 PM
I am at the water purification game. I was able to light the first burner, but when I tried to light the second one I could pick up another match, but not light the match. I closed the game and reopened it and I couldn't even pick up the match anymore. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still can't pick up the match. Any help for this?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 8, 12 5:00 AM
Hi Fishies,

I can see that there a quite a few issues cropping up and will do my best to help you all with each.

If the cursor is behaving erratically, I would suggest having a look at the following help article which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game, including the cursor:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

This can help the game to run more smoothly and hopefully will make the cursor more responsive.

I know it may not be easy to access the Options menu to do so but if you can at all, I would try that.

An Access Violation message appearing while playing your game is generally related to your computer’s graphics configuration not matching what the game requires in order to run smoothly. I would suggest having a look at the folowing help article to combat this:

Access Violation.

For sound and runtime issues, our Tech Support team could help you with these and provide some advice tailored to your system.

You can contact Support by first clicking on the green at the top-right of this page, and then on the Contact Us link that you'll find at the bottom-left of the following page. Then, after filling out the form, click on the Check for Answers button to bring up some related help articles. If you still can't find the answer that you're looking for, go ahead and click on the Submit My Question button to create a help ticket.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

gamertlc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by gamertlc on Jul 8, 12 12:05 PM
Nevermind. After I turned on one of the other burners I was able to light a second match.

[Post New]by kaspersd on Jul 8, 12 2:46 PM
Stuck on stairs. The Strategy Guide says I should put Mario's picture in the frame, but I can't find Mario's picture and can't find in the Strategy Guide where I was supposed to find it.

co_ff_ee
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by co_ff_ee on Jul 8, 12 3:58 PM
I had the pole.. added it to the crop picker now it's disappeared . Can't pick the grapes.???????

[Post New]by etselec on Jul 8, 12 5:49 PM
LaComtesse wrote:Thank you! You were correct, holding down the mouse button (or on my Mac the Command key) did the trick!
]]

Unfortunately I am having the same problem with the mouse/command key on my Mac with this game and it is not resolving. I have the paper on top of the radio, and I can keep turning the radio knob forever and it does not "tune in" or whatever it's supposed to be doing. This is preventing me from moving forward. Is there a specific amount of time that you're supposed to turn the knob?

[Post New]by samifun on Jul 8, 12 6:08 PM
I don't know if this is properly a technical issue, but it would be super helpful if the Strategy Guide helped when we need it. I found with some of the find all HOS stuff that there were mismarkings.

[Post New]by etselec on Jul 8, 12 7:13 PM
Just found the answer to the radio issue on a separate thread:

It doesn't work if you just click click click, you have to hold it down, the mouse button, and turn it that way, don't lift up, and turn it til it gets to the right station.

I think the graphic of the radio button changing colors is confusing. In any case, it works now.

co_ff_ee
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by co_ff_ee on Jul 8, 12 8:10 PM
co_ff_ee wrote:I had the pole.. added it to the crop picker now it's disappeared . Can't pick the grapes.???????
NEVER MIND.. DIDN'T NEED THE HANDLE ANYWAY.

Go to: