lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

Re:Reviews for Ghost Whisperer™

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jul 9, 12 8:18 AM
this is a good game for the brand new fishes. it really did no get my attention so we will not get this one.--------lisa

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Jul 9, 12 10:53 AM
Maybe the reason I don't like this game, is that it is too cute.....like the series. Even though I watched the series all the time, the game doesn't thrill me. Graphics are pretty good and so is the hint button, a quarter moon. But as for the storyline, average to say the least. And the sound when moving the cursor around........holy cow, that is really annoying! So I turned some of the sound down and that helped. Just not enough to make me want to buy it.

And I had really been waiting for this game..........'sigh'......just my luck. I have several punch card credits and there are much better games to choose than this one.

Leslie318
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Leslie318 on Jul 12, 12 7:34 PM
rdekker1 wrote:Was excited to see this since I'm a big fan of the tv show. But I've just played almost half and hour and I just can't get into it. Was hoping to at least see eli since he was my favorite charactor but my interest for the game was just not there.

Leslie318
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Leslie318 on Jul 12, 12 7:35 PM
Eli shows up, You didn't stay long enough!

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Jul 12, 12 9:01 PM
Well first off this isn't an adventure game... I hate it when they classify stuff adventure and it's really just an ihog lite. That aside it's a pretty old style simplistic game... hogs are easy... puzzles a mixture. I actually gave up and skipped the first puzzle because I couldn't get the logic but most are pretty ok/fun.

BUT... it's the GHOST WHISPERER which I love so I'm buying this anyway. And it's not really a bad game... just not a great game.

The graphics are ok but I wish they'd made the character drawings more true to the show. The front pic of Melinda Gordon is great but the drawings of her were really pathetic... and Delia!! OMG... it's like they took Camryn Mandheim's pic and stretched it which was offensive because she's pretty just the way she is.

Anyway... this one is probably 3 stars and good for fans of the show. I do agree about the odd item locations though... it's just stupid that parts for the house are in the hospital etc... it's like they just tossed them in the air and let them land where ever. I MUCH prefer logic in my games. (And it's not about suspending belief I mean I already said I'm a fan of a show called Ghost Whisperer... )

[Post New]by redselkie on Jul 13, 12 11:27 AM
I adored the series, but the game is very dissapointing

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Jul 15, 12 7:41 PM
I'm not done with the demo yet and not sure if I will finish or not. I absolutely DO NOT like the graphics - they are just so cheesy compared to what we have been playing the last couple years. Also, I'm not a big fan of the star of the TV show, so that may cloud my judgment a little. But the items in the HOS I find very hard to find and just in general this game kinda bores me. I have a few punch card credits to use and this weekend is a "get a punch get a punch free" (!!) weekend, so I may end up getting this anyway if I can't find anything else!! If I do get this game, I will continue my review.

feenix

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Aug 3, 12 3:30 AM
This game is bad, compare to the series, " technically and visually speaking", and the stories are always so seen, and seen again! Tired? Maybe!

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Oct 1, 12 5:59 AM
I am not sure whether I like this game enough to give 4 stars. HOS items is very small, hints recharge decently, but I am playing junior mode.

The map can sometimes be a bit slow to react, eg, the map is sparking but u had to WAIT for the scene to clear some, then click on map, otherwise u had to click at least 2x. Quite frustrating. When u had to goto another room, map is also sparking, but in actual fact when u opened the map, u only saw 1 place to go, eg, museum. Thus always try to go backwards in the same place first, if no more things to search etc, then use map. Or go backwards then use hint to try to see where to go. If hint indicate map, then activate it to go somewhere to do your search

HOS has no meaning at all except to throw it in as part of the game play. Each scene may repeat a few items for u to search at least 2x, quite silly and non-imaginative design. The bottom portion that stores ur inventory may also indicate, "One useful item here", but please be very patient, coz u may click all over the place, and what's that, no item for u to pick up!!! Cos u had to use map or go other rooms to search first, then come back to retrieve this "useful" "hidden hidden non available" item ok?! Eg I was in the hidden room in the museum, it indicate there was a useful item, but try as I did, I just cant find it and hint kept taking me out of this room to the map. After other searches, finally came back to this room, and Viola! I now can find glue which had appear mysteriously, Didnt the storyline told u there are Ghosts?! LOL!

Feel like tearing your hair now? Wait hear some more frustrating things with this game. Characters is quite fixed, and conversations is the style of text, but thank goodness no long conversations. Scenery is decent, but not exactly great. Sometimes u had the inventory on your cursor, then want to use it, but somehow the items can get placed back again. The trick is to make sure the inventory is open and open any inventory usage area first, before clicking inventory item against that area! So cursor is sometimes a bit "footloose" or should I say "cursor loose" when it comes to applying inventory.

SPOILERS ALERT
Ah...not the most delightful game, and there are only TWO stories, Lost Toy and A ghost that haunts a museum's aritst, Thats all, Still an ok game to while away ur time

[Post New]by Angel_Fish1 on Jun 6, 13 1:02 PM
I'm not at all happy with this game. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The hints are not at all helpful and the HOS are too hard to see. This needs major revamp!

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Apr 14, 14 3:08 PM
I found this game adorable. Best $2.99 I've spent in years!

Go to: