rogerscove
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Reviews for Severe Incident: Cargo Flight 821

[Post New]by rogerscove on Jul 9, 12 7:19 PM
While the game is challenging (took a long time to get the robot together) it's also frustrating because the objects are so difficult to find. I really had to squint. I'm passing on this one too but I may reconsider if it goes up for a DD. I would also need a Walkthrough.

lauder
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Jul 10, 12 6:16 AM
Great game really enjoyed it. The skip button for the code helped alot for me to finish the game. They need to make more games like this one. Will be looking forward to the next game like this one.

pubprof
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by pubprof on Jul 10, 12 8:38 AM
]HURRAH!!! [/After losing around 45 min. of the game because it didn't save right and took me all the way back to assembling the robot, I finally finished. What a really great game. I am going to play it again today. It really makes you use brain power. I think this may be one of my all time favorite games. And to believe I almost deleted the trial version because I was so frustrated at the beginning.

I seemed to have so much trouble starting this game and it was making me feel very stupid. But then I settled down and got my brain working and found out that as I began to move through the steps the game began to make sense.

Then I lost all my progress when I bought and downloaded the full version. I was taken all the way back to where you add the final hand to the robot. What a bummer. But I was hooked by this time and kept playing. My husband had to drag me away to cook dinner. After cooking, eating, and cleaning the kitchen, I went back to the game and played until I finished the game at 9:30 p.m.

Since I don't care for most TM games I am going to replay Severe Incident today.

DEVELOPERS AND BIG FISH: Send us more games like this. Thanks!

[Post New]by 2mistyblue on Jul 10, 12 9:01 AM
This is by far one of the better games I have played. It definitely is not one the run-of-the-mill hidden object/adventure/sci fi/or whatever you want to call it games. I began playing and was extremely frustrated until I decided to try again; I refuse to let "a game" out think me. To play and finish this game you must think logically AND follow directions. The objects in the HOS are not the usual items and the mini games are different. The graphics could be a little better but at least this one is not gory or dealing with the macabre and vampires.
Thanks for this one Big Fish. I played the entire trial version and then bought the full version. More games similar to this one please.

schobey
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by schobey on Jul 10, 12 5:34 PM
I concur, this game was different. Really enjoyed playing it. Once I learned how to use the map it was pretty simple. Thanks and devs.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
416 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Jul 11, 12 12:51 AM
Its quite different and HOG can be quite intergrated with the surrounding, not that easy to find. There are some small sparkles to help with indicating whether there is an object to pick up as inventory, but if u are looking for more direct help on how to proceed Oscar the robot is not that helpful! The Data (Journal) with the hints are also not that helpful, its not even sequential in natural and the help of "You can find a bucket in one of the debris site" So Which ONE!!? Thanks to a helpful BFG gammer, he/she has done a guide, although without the pic u would have to follow closely in order to know what to do next (as I have already mentioned Oscar is not that helpful in this manner)

But all in all, a delightful game with a well-balanced objective adventure and HOGs. I LOVE it, hopefully BFG will come out with a more friendly walkthrough with graphics/screen shot so we can follow

Rating: 4/5 (A definite BUY)

WolfenRaindancer
Salmon
Salmon
2,941 Posts

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 11, 12 11:15 PM
I just finished it too, and I wound up enjoying it very much. It was more challenging especially since you had to do some things first before you could actually find other things, or even have your tasks updated. Almost lost it when I was at the launch vehicle and couldn't figure out why I had all of these extra items and couldn't figure out where to go. Dawned on me finally that I had not actually returned to the cave. Wore out a few pairs of space boots on this one, lol. All in all, I had fun with it.

I am not a huge fan of pure adventure games, so a mix like this one worked for me. It was mostly logical, but thank goodness for those tasks that would at least point me in the general direction of where I needed to go to find an object. And thanks to whoever it was about the red chip hint...I never would have seen it, lol. And the setting was different. I like the way it started off, and the snarky robot. And for those who keep complaining about haunted houses, car crashes, missing relatives, magicians, clowns, etc, this is different. Yes, you could call it SciFi light, but it was obviously challenging enough for many of us. Waiting for the next adventure

[Post New]by Tennie_Frog on Jul 12, 12 6:53 PM
Loved it! Long enough that you feel you got your money's worth, and tough enough to keep you interested. Very fun game!

JoFin
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by JoFin on Jul 13, 12 2:23 PM
My one major peeve was the options had to be reset every time I returned to the game. Sound and music levels were changed to default, good thing though you could get to the options without leaving the game. Game had a cute story, not dark, but, I must be spoiled with the CE and their Guides. I tired quickly with running back and forth needing some help. Under the tasks it was good that we did get guidance when stuck.

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
792 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Jul 13, 12 8:35 PM
Things I LOVED about this game:

Sci-fi theme was wonderful change of pace. I echo LovetoMissLisa with THANK YOU developers for a breath of fresh air.

Task list was much better than many strategy guides.

Valdy and Divaprods, Oscar WILL give you hints outside of the hidden object scenes. He just doesn’t bore you with the typical “nothing else to do here” message. However, if there is something in a scene you missed, he’s glad to show it to you. For those having trouble because they are used to a walkthrough, see my post under comments about the in-game help.

I really liked being able to play as ME instead of having to pretend I am the son of a Greek god, a princess, or some ditzy character.

The map was brilliant. It managed to show 36 locations on one screen, indicate which locations had active hidden object scenes, have enough detail that you could remember what is at each location, and still not look cluttered. For example, the pipe going to the lake eliminated the need for a big label saying “water treatment plant.” WELL DONE.

The hot spots had sparkles. However, other than the hidden object scenes they weren’t obtrusive.

The voice acting was well done.

Things that could be improved in the sequel. (PLEASE have a sequel.)

• Better graphics, less chunky, I don’t know the technical term.
• Be able to transport via map. I almost wore out Oscar’s feet.
• Put a skip button on hidden object scenes so people who like straight adventure games will buy it too.
• Start with robot working. Lots of people apparently couldn’t get thru the demo without a hint button at the beginning.
• Don’t lose settings when exit game.

I highly recommend. I WANT MORE GAMES LIKE THIS!!!

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Jul 17, 12 5:46 PM
While I liked the sci-fi aspect of this game, It could have been a lot better.
Play style is a little more like hard core, until you get used to the hint system-(under the data button).
map was not much help, as it did not seem to show where you were, but seemed to show the objective site.
had to mouse over everything to find random needed hidden items not easily seen.
HOScenes were OK, but still had to use hint to find things hidden behind other objects to the point the desired object was 90% unseen.
Graphics were not the best, soundtrack Ok.
Storyline was what enticed me to play.
lots of back and forth to go find items needed in areas you thought were cleared, but that's normal in a HOG, adventure game.
Overall game was too short, but it's not a CE, so that was OK.

I have better ideas for Sci-Fi games, but I'm not a developer.
If you don't like the demo, you probably won't like the game.
I bought it anyway. It's too hot to go outside here in Kansas.
So I needed an excuse to stay inside.
Happy Gaming !!

[Post New]by freddij on Jul 22, 12 12:19 PM
This is the first game I've played w/o the walkthrough.I managed to navigate thru it which took some time.I will think twice before taking on another non-walkthrough game.I'll admit it was satisfying upon reaching the end.

Go to: