building a house

0Jade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

Re:building a house

[Post New]by 0Jade on Jul 11, 12 5:51 AM
Rewording so blondes like me can understand...

CLOSE THE TUTORIAL CONVERSATION BOX AND THE TUTORIAL CONTINUES -

Wow, I can't believe that took me to long to figure out! I agree, developers need to fix this.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Jul 11, 12 6:28 AM
This is the kind of game that I usually like, and thanks for all your suggestions, but none of them worked for me. The game is now permanently deleted, and I'm of course not buying it.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jul 11, 12 6:31 AM
LOOK AT THE BOTTOM SCREEN, CLOSE TO YOU MAP, YOUR MOUSE WILL TURN INTO AN ARROW AT THE BOTTOM, CLICK THERE AND A SCREEN WILL OPEN UP SO YOU CAN BUILD THIS POOR MAN A DARN HOUSE. THERE YOU WILL SEE EVERYTHING YOU CAN BUILD, THEY WON'T ALL BE LOCKED. YOU WILL SEE THE ROOF OF A BUILDING, CLICK THERE.

Edited on 07/11/2012 at 6:50:42 AM PST

[Post New]by prissycrissy on Jul 11, 12 3:28 PM
I tried all the recommendations you all put on this string. Nothing worked. I can't build a house that is locked. I can't collect gold, all I seem to be able to do is collect food and wood. It's a shame. I started to buy this game right away. But, there is no walk thru that I can find on net. By reading everyone's post on here, there seems to be several that get to a point and just get stuck, so however disappointed I am in this game, I think I will pass on it after trial is over with. Thanks to everyone that posted on this string. I agree better information would of been good. Great game idea, just needs improving.

nanou_CJ
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by nanou_CJ on Jul 11, 12 3:34 PM
... someone wrote in "I-don't-remember-which-thread" , that after uninstalling then reinstalling the demo, everything was working fine, at last. And the house was unlocked. Maybe you should try this, also.

[Post New]by tlserrato on Jul 12, 12 8:18 AM
Aha! I just figured out why the tutorial wouldn't show me how to build a house. There is a small (very small) red "dot" in the upper right corner of the tutorial message that tells you the man won't work until you build him a house. You have to click that red dot (maybe it's an x - I can't tell). Then the tutorial will continue.

[Post New]by TheBrockman on Jul 12, 12 9:23 AM
hannah57 wrote:LOOK AT THE BOTTOM SCREEN, CLOSE TO YOU MAP, YOUR MOUSE WILL TURN INTO AN ARROW AT THE BOTTOM, CLICK THERE AND A SCREEN WILL OPEN UP SO YOU CAN BUILD THIS POOR MAN A DARN HOUSE. THERE YOU WILL SEE EVERYTHING YOU CAN BUILD, THEY WON'T ALL BE LOCKED. YOU WILL SEE THE ROOF OF A BUILDING, CLICK THERE.

CynthiaV
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by CynthiaV on Jul 12, 12 5:22 PM
Thank you everyone! I uninstalled and reinstalled the demo and when I reopened the game the dialogue box to build a house came up. I hit the red checkmark in the upper right hand corner (above the sailor) to close the box and a new box immediately opened up showing me what I could build a small house. I chose the house and it was automatically placed on the ground and I only had to assign someone to it to build it. After the house was completed the now ex-shipwrecked sailor was so happy he gave us a pickaxe and I was able to start clearing the rocks and other tasks opened up to me.

Thanks everyone! I feel like a dolt for not figuring this out but thanks to everyone I'm able to continue this fun game and will be purchasing it.

Edited on 07/13/2012 at 8:05:26 AM PST

momdnarg
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by momdnarg on Jun 27, 13 1:36 PM
ive seen references to another site for house room plans...what site?

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: building a house

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jul 18, 13 9:14 PM
Regarding building the Small House (the original topic of this thread, w/ which so many have trouble), the process is shown in a YouTube video called "The Promised Land - Game Play walkthrough PART 1", starting at about 4:23.

As for room plans, see the response on this forum to the "room layout" thread at http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/250996.page

Go to: