lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Tales: The Wishes Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jul 13, 12 12:01 PM
This is a great game, But things are to jerky and all over the place, I did buy the game, so maybe i will uninstall the game and see what happens maybe it will get rid of the lag..The game has beautiful graphics and sounds thx DEV's,,Thx BF for all you do for your Fishes in the pond..

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,494 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Tales: The Wishes Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jul 13, 12 12:59 PM
My problem was solved by CS by upgrading my drivers.

bfgSeine
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 13, 12 1:41 PM
Joyfullady, that's great to hear! I'm glad that we were able to get that working for you.

lovely62 and other Fishies experiencing slow or jerky gameplay, you can take a look at our help article here that covers some basic troubleshooting you can try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those recommendations aren't helping, please let our Tech Support team know so they can assist you further.

Also, just a friendly reminder to please reserve posts in this thread for technical issues only. That helps us keep track of problems more efficiently.

Thanks, and happy gaming!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Loet1234 on Jul 14, 12 4:49 AM
Ik kan de totem niet meer op de plank zetten in de slaapkamer van de jongen. Ik heb het spel verwijderd en opnieuw geinstalleerd maar ik kan niet meer bij die plank komen. Ik kan nu niet verder! Help!

[Post New]by Loet1234 on Jul 14, 12 4:56 AM
Heb het al gevonden, het moest en andere plank zijn.

bfgBaikal
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 15, 12 4:45 AM
Hi Loet1234,

It sounds like you might be stuck a certain point in your game, so I would encourage you to have a look at the in game Strategy Guide to see if that helps.

You could also try pressing the hint button, to see if there are any other areas you can complete tasks in as soem tasks ned to be completed in a certain order.

If you would like us to take a look at this with you, please get in touch with our English Customer Support or alternatively, please use the link below for dedicated support in Dutch:

Contact our Dutch Support Team.

I hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Shelleybear59 on Jul 15, 12 5:06 AM
wheals1 wrote:I just finished the colored button puzzle. I got the message that my game was corrupted and will not be saved. I can't access bonus play -- apparently I have to start all over. What do you suggest BFG?

The same thing happened to me too! Very sad to make progress like that and then have to start all over. Love the game though. So what should we do BF? Please help.

[Post New]by shell020273 on Jul 15, 12 7:17 AM
Can someone please help, I have bought this game and activated it but now it won't play, once I press play, the screen comes up that says play again, you own this game, but haven't even had chance to play it, I played it for the free hour and everything was fine, I have uninstalled it and installed again but still can't play, I am really annoyed that I can't play this game considering I payed full price for, please help

bfgMonongahela
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 15, 12 9:28 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming in here with some more suggestions for you.

Shelleybear59 ~ sometimes issues that come up with a game not saving correctly will be resolved by adjusting the administrator privileges. You can read more about how to do that in the help article I'm linking below:

Game Not Saving

shell020273 ~ It sounds like something happened during the activation process that's causing the Game Manager to think you haven't purchased the game. Since you already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, please check out the other suggestions in the help article below:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you try the suggestions I've given you and you're still having trouble, please get in touch with our Tech Support team. They'll be able to take a look at how the game is working with your particular system and suggest more specific things you can try.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

TBat55
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by TBat55 on Jul 15, 12 1:47 PM
My mouse stopped working 3 times, or game froze. Had to restart the PC because Task Manager would not launch.

Everything else is fine (drivers updated. Flash, Shock, Java are latest versions).

[Post New]by ChainOfDogs on Jul 15, 12 5:19 PM
Arrrghhhhh! Got to the bonus chapter and had to stop playing. When I tried to go back in to play, it said my save file was corrupted and I had to start the whole game again. Booooo

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
588 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jul 15, 12 7:14 PM
gingergal wrote:I managed to get through it OK thanks, especially when I found out if I hover over it I could see the outline of the button and it did work when you found it, you just couldn't see it.

But it sounds like it's not in every game just mine?

I found it by accident also! I wasn't really sure what it was the first time I hovered the mouse over it, so I just clicked to see if anything did happen! It works!

mauserC96
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mauserC96 on Jul 16, 12 8:49 AM
When starting the game I get the message that the save game file is corrupted and I have to start over from the beginning.

bfgMonongahela
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 16, 12 10:03 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming in with some more troubleshooting suggestions for you ~

If you're running into an error about the save file being corrupted, it might also be a good idea to uninstall and reinstall the game before you start playing again with a new profile. You can read more about how to do that in the help article here.

If you want to be extra safe, you can also get in touch with our Tech Support team and ask them to help you make sure all the old save data is removed. That will help ensure the issue doesn't pop up again.

TBat55 ~ since you've already tried updating all your graphics software, it's best for you to get in touch with Tech Support now as well. They'll be able to take a look at how the game is working with your particular system and work with you to get things resolved from there.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

bfgSeine
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 19, 12 12:05 PM
Hi MaryEl,

That's definitely odd that the game is freezing in that one spot each time. If you haven't tried, you can uninstall and reinstall the game to see if that might help. More information on how to do that can be found here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If that isn't working, please let our Tech Support team know so they can figure out what's causing that. It sounds like you were able to get past that part, but we definitely want to make sure the game is running without any problems like that!

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

Lab_Lover
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Lab_Lover on Jul 23, 12 1:39 PM
I just purchased today. I got halfway through and quit. When i returned I got the horrible "the save game file is corrupted and will be deleted" message appeared. I am the administrator, my drivers are updated. My security program has never interfered before (well over 200 games), and I'm certainly not going to deactivate it to play a game. I am currently uninstalling, and will try to reinstall and hope for the best.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Jul 23, 12 2:13 PM
i exited the game at the point of playing the last game with brandon in the bonus section. when i went back to finish, the squares were no longer available and therefore i was unable to find the swamp totem. i followed the strategy guide to see where i went wrong, but got no totem from the place where it was kept, so in my game, the parents are left in the back seat with their kid hanging from the ceiling...since it's virtually the last play of the game i will leave him there...they will have to find the totem themselves....

oh, and the map was full of locks...just sayin...

Edited on 07/23/2012 at 2:14:54 PM PST

bfgSeine
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 24, 12 1:14 PM
Hi Lab_Lover and lvfao,

Uninstalling and reinstalling the game may help with those problems. You can find more information on how to do that here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If that isn't helping, I encourage you to get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can assist you further.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

Bartsister
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jul 24, 12 10:08 PM
I got to about midway through Chapter 3 on Advanced Mode and all of a sudden I am getting the glints on the active areas in scenes. I switched to hardcore and still getting glints and now I am into chapter 5. It doesn't matter what mode I play but there are annoying sparkly things all over the scenes. So as I wind up the game I am spending it hurriedly clicking on sparkly things in a desperate attempt to get them to go away faster rather than kick back and enjoy the scenes, letting me discover what is important. Might as well have a flashing neon sign saying "click here" all over the place. I am just going to sadly finish the game is what I suppose Easy Mode looks like since I was not overwhelmed with joy at the game anyway. But I thought I should mention it in case there is an update in the works. You might want to check this issue for the people who like to play in advanced/hardcore modes. Thanks.

ZekesPeach
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by ZekesPeach on Jul 28, 12 11:36 AM
Got as far as Ch. 3...I believe I was using inventory items on the hose (got so upset I walked away from the game and haven't looked at it in 2 weeks so that's my last memory) and all of a sudden I got an error message that something was wrong and all my progress was lost. My Java etc all up to date; my husband also played on identical laptop and he made it all the way through with no issues.

Any ideas? Seems others have been having similar problem and I really didn't want to start all over again. No fixes have been created?

Go to: