bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Post any Old Clockmaker's Riddle technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 16, 12 9:37 AM
Hi belamba,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble with the display of this game.

Since uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help, you might try updating your graphics software. You can find more about doing so in the help article here.

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with our Mac Support team so they can take a look at things and start working to get this issue resolved for you.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

bfgMonongahela

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 17, 12 2:16 AM
Hi bfgmonogahela,
Sadly after playing this game it totally killed my much loved 'Big Mac' (
After I had to exit it by a hard shutdown my Mac no longer worked. After spending ages on the phone to Apple it's got to go back to them since nothing works anymore. It was fine until this game.
Seeing in the forum that Windows users are having these flashing problems too, it's gotta be a game glitch.
My Mac only a few months old, and Apple told me it was bang up to date with graphics etc.
Hey ho...such is life!

LuckyLin1
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyLin1 on Jul 17, 12 3:23 AM
So sorry to hear about your Mac--

I have been reading Tech issue pages lately before trying a game because of their effects on one's computer. Also, if I am unsure of how to use a game, I go to Google Chrome and type in "Instructions for (insert name of game)." I did so today for Old Clockmaker's Riddle. I was taken to a game site--

[Removed by Moderator]

(I know bfg rules about posting other websites of games--this is a site that talks about tech issues specific to this game and downloading it. ) Be sure to click on one of its links about downloading Old Clock....

It tells players what they need to do to successfully download and use this game. I hope our big fish person will read this and see if it is helpful to (a) fixing the game to account for these tech requirements and/or (b) provide these instructions to anyone who purchases this game--Am I reading this correctly? These appear to be prerequisites people should know and follow BEFORE they dl any version of this game.

Like others, we also need instructions for this game. That seems "basic" that game developers know to include yet did they? I have read several people who don't know what to do and that ruins the game experiience. Also, is it true that being fast is what gives you more "points" to buy what you need? If so, how does that affect untimed players? I know we would be grateful if BFG would contact the game developer and get these problems fixed--then re release. I was wondering if BFG purchases a game from another game maker, do you test the game before you release it here? I've noticed what seems like an unusual # of tech issues in some of the games added recently. For some, downloading creates computer problems, some very serious. Getting that fixed can be very expensive. It would be great to know we don't have to worry about that on BFG so all the fishies can keep on happily swimming in our BF pond!! Tyvm for all of the help!!

Edited on 07/17/2012 at 4:05:19 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 17, 12 4:10 AM
Hi Fishies,

belamba - I am sorry to hear this and I would suggest getting in touch with Tech Support for dedicated support on this. You can reach them by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then clicking the Contact Us link on the help pages.

LuckyLin1 - we are certainly taking your feedback on board and thank you for it. If you would like to leave feedback on the game that will be passed onto the developers, please post a review here!

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 07/17/2012 at 4:10:25 AM PST

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on Jul 17, 12 4:16 PM
The game froze in the first 5 minutes, and I had to use Control Alt Delete to get the task manager to shut it down. I won't bother to reinstall the Demo, it's a No Buy for me.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 18, 12 1:45 AM
Hi moonladydi,

For freezing issues, I would encourage you to have a look at the following help article which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those steps don't help or you would like us to assist you with this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. This will allow us to get to helping you right away.

Swim strong!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by shadowbright on Aug 4, 12 7:43 PM
I'm running Lion on my iMac. The game repeatedly goes into slow motion, so that it takes forever for a piece to move. Sometimes this is just when the "Well Done" screen is displayed, and sometimes it affects play too. If I delete and reinstall the game, it gets better for a while and then goes into slow motion again. I've now deleted and reloaded it over 15 times. I like the game, but this is frustrating. I have tried closing all other applications before starting the game, but that doesn't help. It doesn't freeze, just slows dramatically.

yarb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by yarb on Nov 16, 12 2:11 PM
I'm running Windows 7 on a one year old computer.

I can't end Old Clockmaker's Riddle.Relaxed Level. I've completed everything, the houses all have golden stars above them and I can't get into the houses. All I can do is walk around. I hope that this is a technical issue. I've seen the topic in the forum but never any answer.

Thanks.

[Post New]by sweethartrose on Jan 27, 13 2:51 PM
I bought this game for my iPad 3. At puzzle end of set (house). When hit reset button it does not reset right. It give me more turns. Ex# original amount 4 and then give me 20 turns. The gems don't turn. It doesn't start in original position. I try clearing history. It work couple times. Now it doesn't work. It give all neg #( -) on gems that you clear. This needs to look into. I'm not going play until you fix this bug. It happens lot.

rockey69
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

OPEN AL & Microsoft downloads offered

[Post New]by rockey69 on Jul 13, 13 2:02 PM
dianaluna wrote:Hi moderator
I was downloading this game but during the download two programs were offered. One was called OPEN AL & the other was Microsoft C++2010 x 86 Redistributable
Maintenance. I don't understand what they are so I didn't download them. I tried to play the game but kept getting "Error 126." So I uninstalled and re-installed, this time downloading the Microsoft program, but not the OPEN AL. Again I got "Error 126."
What are these two things and do I have to install them to play this game? Thanks for your help.

I had the same problem, I do not want to download all that weird stuff, and can not play the game unless I do, so I will not be playing this game, to bad it looked like a fun game

shepherdmoon
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

OPEN AL & Microsoft downloads offered

[Post New]by shepherdmoon on Jul 25, 13 4:18 PM
rockey69 wrote:
dianaluna wrote:Hi moderator
I was downloading this game but during the download two programs were offered. One was called OPEN AL & the other was Microsoft C++2010 x 86 Redistributable
Maintenance. I don't understand what they are so I didn't download them. I tried to play the game but kept getting "Error 126." So I uninstalled and re-installed, this time downloading the Microsoft program, but not the OPEN AL. Again I got "Error 126."
What are these two things and do I have to install them to play this game? Thanks for your help.

I had the same problem, I do not want to download all that weird stuff, and can not play the game unless I do, so I will not be playing this game, to bad it looked like a fun game

C++ is the compiler that the program was written under, so it's necessary to run the program. I installed all the requested software and didn't have any problems.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on May 24, 14 7:58 PM
Had the same pop-up appear when downloading this game. I didn't know where it came from or who was generating it, so when the pop-up appeared, I hit cancel, but it went ahead and attempted to download anyway. Then I got an error message that it could not download the C++ Redistributable thingy because I had a newer version of the .dll already on my computer.

It's simply not worth taking the risk of ruining my new(ish) computer for a game. I uninstalled and will check for any traces left over from the installation.

Sorry, this type of thing is just not acceptable to many, and the poor person who had a Mac totally destroyed because of it should be compensated in full either by Big Fish or by the Manufacturers of this game.

Go to: