bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Farm Fables technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 22, 12 3:38 AM
Hi Fishies,

crissimorris -have you tried adjusting your screen resolution to see if that could help your game to 'fill your screen?'

kve52299 - without knowing that that message says specifically, I am not too sure why your are seeing it. However, I can assure you that all of our games are guarantted virus free so it is safe to accept any prompts that may appear during the download process. It is probably just a request to reconfigure the way the game is installed so that it it will run in a way that is suited to your system.

To get some tailored help on your issue, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by tracy723 on Jul 22, 12 12:35 PM
I purchased the game. It worked fine until I finished Chapter 1 and it allows me to scroll to Chapter 2 but its dimmed and will not allow me to play. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still nothing. Any idea's or a refund, please?

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jul 22, 12 1:57 PM
Hi tracy723,

That is very strange! In this case, the best thing to do would be to get in contact with Customer Support and send them a screenshot of what you're seeing if you can (if you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to do this). One of our reps will have the tools to take a closer look with you (or help you with your purchase as well).

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

Edited on 07/22/2012 at 1:57:37 PM PST

[Post New]by bubaboo on Jul 25, 12 8:24 AM
like lilpollyesther i encountered the same problem but after i'd trialed, bought the game and got to level 46, tried all the advice, updated everything recommended, uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times all to no avail. really peeved as was enjoying the game and have lost a credit to boot. recommend anything else i could try?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 25, 12 11:18 AM
Hi bubaboo,

Since the advice here didn't help get things resolved for you, I think it's best to get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can work with you directly on the issue.

The first thing they'll need is a Dr. Felix Report, which is our diagnostic tool that will show them how the game is running on your particular system. That should help them see why that error is coming up for you and they'll start troubleshooting with you from there..

You can read more about running the Dr. Felix and how to send it in to Tech Support in the post we've created here.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by ozychick777 on Jul 27, 12 3:51 AM
this game for me is unplayable with access violation error cant even start game. tech support have told me to do various steps which i had already done prior to contacting them in first place. sent both herr doktor and dr felix. no fix as yet hoping for refund.

[Post New]by chippers6767 on Jul 27, 12 1:26 PM
I have been playing for several days. I have gotten through one level on the Strawberry stage, quit for a couple of hours, came back and now I can only play levels on the first two stages. I can scroll to the other levels but not continue playing. I have enough stars to play but can't click on any of them.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Jul 28, 12 6:00 AM
tracy723 wrote:I purchased the game. It worked fine until I finished Chapter 1 and it allows me to scroll to Chapter 2 but its dimmed and will not allow me to play. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still nothing. Any idea's or a refund, please?

Tracy - had you earned at least 2 gold stars in the Summer section? You need 2 of them to unlock Autumn then 5 in total to unlock Winter.

But, for anyone playing the sample demo, there's more info about getting to Winter (chapter 3) in the developers post here:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/217472.page#4492257
- (s)he says you can only play chapter 3 onwards after buying and downloading full version:

ziggy1975 wrote:I would like to try out this game first to see if it's one that I would like to buy. It finishes downloading or so it says but then it goes to the Installing and is stuck at 0pct. I didn't see any other problems like this. I've also tried closing out the game manager and restarting the download in case I missed a pop up but the only pop up is the one in the beginning of the install.

I did get an extra pop-up - wanting to 'repair' my Microsoft XNA set up (maybe would have wanted to install if I hadn't done it previously for another game (?)). Sounds as though it's maybe waiting for that when you install but, sorry, got no idea why you are not seeing the box.

The only thing I could suggest is rather than closing GM (which maybe cancels the process) when that happens, try just minimising all open windows to see if the box asking for permission to work with Microsoft XNA is hiding behind another window.

ETA: Btw, I gave it permission to try to repair my Microsoft XNA setup but it then said it couldn't and mentioned some missing temp file, but it offered me a 'Finish' button at that point so I clicked that and game ran fine anyway.

Edited on 07/28/2012 at 6:17:40 AM PST

HatesTimers
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by HatesTimers on Aug 16, 12 8:47 PM
Farm Fables doesn't like my 1920x1200 resolution monitor and bombs out when I try to run it. If I set my resolution to something less, like 1680x1050, then it runs.

Some other games that don't like 1920x1200 will run if changed to windowed mode in their options menu. I can then run them without manually changing my screen resolution back and forth.

But that doesn't work with Farm Fables. It keeps trying to start in fullscreen, even after I changed it windowed in the options. So the only way I can run it is to manually change my screen resolution.

JTgamer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by JTgamer on Mar 15, 13 2:56 PM
I get that we are to post technical issues in one location. So can we stop getting the SAME "check our technical issues FAQ" section answer? do you not think that this is the FIRST thing most of us do????

If we are having technical issues, we are uninstalling and reinstalling. We have made sure we have current plug-ins and other necessary software. What I want to start seeing from BFG is "we have been made aware of this issue. This is what we are doing about it. Look to see a fix within (insert time frame)". Please stop treating us like idiots and treat us as people who play enough to get the basics.

Mac version does not work. Very frustrated!!!!!

[Post New]by naveena22 on Mar 15, 13 4:43 PM
mac version not working for me,
uninstalled,
reinstalled,
changed screen resolution,
everything updated

as soon as i click play it freezes

need to force quit to exit as game not responding

JTgamer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by JTgamer on Mar 16, 13 5:47 AM
naveena22 wrote:mac version not working for me,
uninstalled,
reinstalled,
changed screen resolution,
everything updated

as soon as i click play it freezes

need to force quit to exit as game not responding

This is exactly what is happening to me and totally frustrated!!!! Can't even get enough info to report something to tech support AND Dr Felix does not work on Mac 10.6 for me.

[Post New]by naveena22 on Mar 16, 13 8:55 AM
I've sent details to customer support with dr felix report without game running and no screenshot - hoping to get better response than leaving post here.
i wonder if there are any mac users who are not having issues with this mac version?

louinator
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by louinator on Apr 15, 13 4:54 PM
I using the Mac version and can't get past the "loading" page... never actually loads, just hangs... the I have to force quit. I now have 47minutes of trial left and I haven't even played yet. Has anyone actually gotten a decent response to these tech issues?

Go to: