Re:Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by 70summerfield on Jul 19, 12 7:48 PM
Third try's the charm. After shutting down, AGAIN, I went back to the game and it worked. Still say you shouldn't have to go through all those gyrations.

darksprires
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

Re:Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by darksprires on Jul 20, 12 10:17 AM
The game loaded fine and I was enjoying the new story in this series. I had gotten about six of the gems when the game just froze on me. I tried escape and control alt delete, but it wouldn't budge. I had to shut down the pc in a disorderly manner. Not a happy camper about that.

I have read this thread and yes, my drivers, etc are up to date. I even have a new mouse installed. No, I am not short of memory. I am linked to a hub with enormous capacity. The fault is a flaw in the game. I hope there is an upgrade soon. In the meantime, I am going to see if I can finish the game without another freeze.

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Jul 20, 12 10:41 AM
Running Mac Lion 10 and it is completely updated. 12 minutes into game, the game quit. Tried again got 4 more minutes and it shut down whole computer and deleted itself. Downloaded and tried again, got 5 more minutes and quit. Won't try again and definitely won't buy.
Why didn't they make sure all problems were ironed out before putting the game out? And, don't tell me the problems are just our computers.

Sadeyed
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Sadeyed on Jul 20, 12 4:19 PM
I went to move from one area to another (somewhere at the start of the game). Screen went black but could still see inventory and hint icon. Exited to menu and then tried to go back in but wouldn't load.

Quailridge
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Quailridge on Jul 20, 12 5:43 PM
I become frustrated when a game doesn't run and tech support always deems it is an issue with the computer and not the program. I refuse to go through all the tests etc. as it results in no improvement. I have nothing else running in the background, I turned off my firewall when downloading, all my apps are up to date. Interestingly when I tried to download the Stuffit which tech suggests, I got an error message saying it was no longer supported. Guess I will have to dredge up the old PC and try it from there. There obviously are glitches with the game which seemed to have slipped through the cracks.

Sue

[Post New]by Muzzlefish on Jul 20, 12 6:02 PM
I'm having the same problem when you go to the tree with the insecticide the screen goes blank, I think this is a game problem not my computer. I restarted it 3 times and I have hundreds of games where I have not had any problems. I'm planning to watch this thread for some announcement of a fix and download the game again. This game got away with a few glitches in it I think.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

Re:Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by gingergal on Jul 20, 12 6:53 PM
I either exited the game (properly through main menu etc) in the middle of the hidden object scene in the bonus or I didn't pick up the shovel at the end (can't remember) but now when I am in the bonus I don't have the shovel, can't get back into the hidden object scene and have done everything else. Looked at walkthrough and I'm stuck,

I tried to restart the bonus game from the beginning but don't think I can? There is no way I am replaying this from the beginning of the whole game!

So frustrating as it seems I can't finish the game?

edit - I did try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, still the same.

Edited on 07/20/2012 at 7:25:10 PM PST

[Post New]by patriciaann on Jul 20, 12 8:26 PM
I have played through to the bonus game and after getting the 1st skull and the potion to turn bones to dust and opening the medusa section, I decided to shut down the game to do the housework. When I tried to restart the game, it got to the bonus section and then crashdumped my computer. I now am not able to finish the game as there is no hos to get the scythe for the death figure. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but still no hos. I am up to date with all my bits and pieces and am not at all happy that this is the second game that has caused a crashdump.

[Post New]by stickykeef on Jul 20, 12 9:07 PM
Exactly the same problem with gingergal above.
Stuck in the bonus game with all ingredients but root because of no shovel. (I also reinstalled the game.)

I checked SG and found out that I've missed the HO to get the shovel and it's gone now. I used the nail puller before the HO on the left side, and I guess HO just dissapeared.

So, I restarted the whole game from the very beginning ... loooooong journey.
And finally!! Right after I got the nail puller, I went straight up to the cabinet HO and got a shovel!!

The Dev should fix this ASAP!
And I think bonus game should be individual, so at least we can restart there.

I usually do the second round in harder mode and take time to enjoy no skipping puzzels and so on. But since I had to do the second fast running, I feel like I'm done with this game. It's veeery sad for me, especially I bought this on CE price because I've enjoyed the first to third. sigh...

Rhondalay
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Rhondalay on Jul 21, 12 11:17 AM
Same here...can't get into an HO to get the spade. I'm definitely not going to restart the game from the beginning to try to get it right a second time as stickykeef did!!! I guess I'm done!! How will we know when there is a fix for this? I'm hoping there will be!

LRB1129
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by LRB1129 on Jul 21, 12 1:35 PM
gingergal wrote:I either exited the game (properly through main menu etc) in the middle of the hidden object scene in the bonus or I didn't pick up the shovel at the end (can't remember) but now when I am in the bonus I don't have the shovel, can't get back into the hidden object scene and have done everything else. Looked at walkthrough and I'm stuck,

I tried to restart the bonus game from the beginning but don't think I can? There is no way I am replaying this from the beginning of the whole game!

So frustrating as it seems I can't finish the game?

edit - I did try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, still the same.

[b] Hi I am having the same problem!! I finished the game and started bonus game, but it was really late, so I figured I would finish today, well I stopped after getting 1st finger right before hos and now there is no hos and I cannot get the scythe I need to continue!! Please fix!! I really don;t want to start all over again, I already had to do that once when I was half way thru due to an error on my part...(no battery in laptop and I unplugged it) It made me start over so I did, however I really don't want to again!! I really want to finsh this game as it was very enjoyable.! Thanks, Lisa

Sorry I meant to post this to the forum BG tech team not to yours....lol

Edited on 07/21/2012 at 1:40:22 PM PST

LRB1129
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by LRB1129 on Jul 21, 12 1:44 PM
Re ost Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues here o
by LRB1129 on Jul 21, 12 1:35 PM

[b] Hi I am having the same problem! as above, ! I finished the game and started bonus game, but it was really late so I decided to finish in the morning, however when I went to the bonus chapter and tried to continue I didn't have the hos I needed to get the scythe to continue game. I already had to start over again, so I really don't want to have to do that again. Please fix as I was really enjoying playing it....
Thanks so much!!
Lisa

Edited on 07/21/2012 at 2:03:42 PM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jul 21, 12 3:47 PM
seems a lot of problems with bonus area!

stickykeef - as yours worked after replaying I decided to replay it again from beginning and took your advice and go straight to the HO scene (before I think I went to the right side cabinet first) and got the spade. This time played straight through and didn't have any more problems.

Needs to be sorted quickly!

kmoar5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by kmoar5 on Jul 21, 12 5:28 PM
Same problem with bonus game. I got to the part where I set the clock to 3:00 then exited out to finish later and now no hos, and nothing to do anywhere. Hint says please look elsewhere. Please fix this ASAP!!! I will not replay the entire game but would like to finish it.

muse13
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by muse13 on Jul 21, 12 6:28 PM
similar issue: no HOS triggered to get walking stick in bonus chapter. Please fix!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 22, 12 3:28 AM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you experiencing crashes or performance issue, we are very sorry to hear that.

The following help article can help you to update the elements that help run your game:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you have already checked that out or would like our Tech Support team to look at this with you, please click on the green at the top-right of this page, and then on the Contact Us link that you'll find at the bottom-left of the following page.

We are sorry for the issues you have been experiencing Fishies and we will be happy to provide some tailored advice to you once you get in touch with us.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 07/22/2012 at 3:28:52 AM PST

[Post New]by michelle4645 on Jul 22, 12 4:32 PM
I'm having the same issue in the bonus chapter...I shut down the game to do something else, and when I restarted the HOS was gone and I did not get the walking stick for the doctor figure. Very frustrating!!

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jul 22, 12 4:47 PM
Hi michelle4645,

I'm sorry it did that. I would definitely try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This won't lose your place in the game, but can help if the game isn't responding as it should (and if you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to do that).

However, if you try that and the game is still giving you trouble I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support team and one of our reps would be happy to take a closer look with you. This will also help us better track any issues.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jul 22, 12 5:15 PM
There are 8 other different people that have recorded tech problems with HOS problems of not being able to play them in bonus in 2 different threads (need help with bonus and shovel) and I think only one (?) of them have recorded the problem here. On top of the people that have mentioned it.

It is a problem that uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't fix, I was actually hoping I'd have read by now that people are fixing it as I see in other tech threads.

I had to replay the whole game again from beginning, I think it's to do with leaving the game during the bonus but if you don't you are OK?

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

Re:Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues

[Post New]by gingergal on Jul 22, 12 5:25 PM
List of people who have problems with hidden object scenes in bonus -

gingergal
michelle4645
muse 13
kmoar5
LRB1129
rhondalay
stickykeef
patriciaann
HDclassic (bonus thread)
cateyes51 (bonus thread)
saltwaterfish (bonus thread)
uwflossi (bonus thread)
skrjr (bonus thread)
venusshines2000 (bonus thread)
gizmoff (shovel thread)
jill165x
candaianyay
bobo144
violetsf (bonus thread)
penhaligon (bonus thread)
allynan
faireydaisy (bonus thread)
echo2findaheart (bonus thread)
moosa3
simisola
margit50
txpeach100
sjsullivan (bonus glitch thread)

It seems to be if you exit the game during the bonus you have problems. And if you don't you are OK?

edit - apparently not as stickykeef didn't exit during bonus.

I have sent a Dr felix to CS, could everyone who has a problem send a DR felix report to CS as it seems nothing will get done unless we do.

Edited on 07/30/2012 at 8:30:54 PM PST

Go to: