lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

Re:Reviews for Fierce Tales: The Dog's Heart

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Aug 14, 12 7:13 PM
I guess this only got abt 4.2 stars cos maybe some scenes were a bit dark. I guess it had to follow the dark slightly creepy story line and game play does give u that nice non lethal shiver!

Rating: 4/5

[Post New]by melikamiki on Aug 14, 12 11:31 PM
POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW:

As for the SE version of this game, I like dogs so I like the idea, but I can't decide if I want to buy this one because some of the tasks are just silly. For example, very quickly you find a dog who is injured, but instead of grabbing what is closest to dress the wound, or get some water, or something, you spend your time wandering around some more so that you can get into the vet's office to "make" an antibiotic injection from a concoction and then you simply have magical knowledge on dosage. I know it's a game and maybe I'm remembering it wrong at this hour, but I do remember a few eyeball rolls and "why can't I use this?!" from inventory. I know it's a game, and these things are done to expand the game play, but sometimes I get tired of guessing what the devs want me to do.

The HOS are same-old, same-old, but not bad, just old hat. I also remember being bored with this game for some reason I can't place. However, this is a very pretty game with a nice atmosphere, so I might get it with a freebie coupon.

barbee44 wrote:
Thank you, I found this to be very helpful. Your review tells me all I need to know to try the game. CE vs. SE doesn't matter... features like map and graphics are the same. Good review. I will definitely demo this one.

I'm with GatorGal637 on this, CE vs. SE does matter and it has nothing to do with hate. We all know how to get over to the CE forum to check users' thoughts on the game, we don't need all the power users cut/paste reviews - it clogs up the SE forum with info we don't need (like what will obviously be the same) that is repetitive since we probably read it on the CE forum. Even someone's opinion as to the enjoyment of a game will be affected by what is included in the game play, so a simple "I played the CE and loved it" doesn't matter to SE users trying to decide on the SE version. I want to hear what SE users think about the SE version or I want to hear from CE users who have demoed the SE and can tell us if anything is different in the game play.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Aug 18, 12 5:45 AM
This is a pretty game from Blam Games & is set in winter, I always like snowy scenes & is a lovely way to spend a few hours without torturing your brain with anything too hard. The graphics & the artwork are very well done & I like the look of the human figures which are sort of elongated. The two main animal characters are very cute little dogs.

There are three modes of play, casual with glints, sparkles & a 40 second hint; advanced with no sparkles & 2 minute hint or hardcore, no hints & no skip button. The hint will point you in the right direction if you get stuck. Whichever mode you decide to play I doubt you will need a walkthrough as both the hidden object scenes & the mini puzzles are very easy. The H0s have some interactive items & occasionally you will revisit one, the puzzles are the usual jigsaw, untangle lines, tile swap, etc.

There is a lot of going back & forth; there is an interactive map but it is only useful if you can remember where you want to go as it does not show where there are active areas. If you want to open a specific lock for instance but cannot recall where it is located then an interactive map is not a lot of help. However the game is not so big that going back through the scenes is a hardship.

It took me around 2-1/2 hours to complete; if I had used the map more often I suspect it would have been much shorter. Still it was an engaging game & worth buying as it makes a nice change from murder & mayhem that usual dominates this genre.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Aug 22, 12 8:15 PM
One of the best games BFG has given us. Enjoying every minute of it! Forgot the time and now I can't quite finish until after I fix dinner!!

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Aug 28, 12 5:57 PM
What an enjoyable game!

I liked that there were voiceovers, but it was not overdone. The HOS were okay. Some of them seemed a little dark, but at least they were not overly cluttered.

The scenery and graphics were beautiful and detailed. Very pretty.

The map was wonderful. It allowed me to jump from scene to scene.

The best thing about this game was that adorable little dog! I just loved him!

godschild1955
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by godschild1955 on Aug 29, 12 9:51 AM
Sorry, but after seeing all these good reviews for this game (which is Great if you loved it), well lets just say I usually am glued to my seat with most of my games-whether I am still awake at sunrise or not-until I finish. When I keep getting up and/or don't finish it at one sitting, then I know it really hasn't captured my interest very much. This one took me 3 days to finish b/c of that. All in all it was an enjoyable game & if asked I would lean more towards 'buy' than not. Just my own little weird opinion that's all.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Sep 11, 12 8:09 PM
this game had the potential to be very good, however i had to switch to system cursor as the custom one was floating. waaay too much running around and a slight lag between scenes made this game lose its momentum for me

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Nov 2, 12 3:24 PM
Great game! Good color and graphic's. Lot's of HOS and the puzzles were fun too! The story line was good and a possilble sequel.

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Nov 3, 12 5:24 PM
Beautiful, richly illustrated game! I love the fact that the theme was different than most. The mini-games were a bit easier than some, but still challenging enough (I didn't have to skip any). The hidden object scenes were interactive, which I like a lot. I also liked that fact that you could use the map to jump from one location to another (although I kept forgetting that fact and walking around before I would remember! LOL!) Good, long play time. I highly recommend this game. I give it an 8 1/2 out of a 10.

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Mar 14, 13 10:51 AM
gatorgal637 wrote:This is not the place for a CE review. This is for SE. Unless you played both entirely and can point out the differences in the two.
No need to be rude.

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Mar 29, 13 7:45 PM
Just finished playing the SE version and it was a good game. The map lets you jump locations, which is always a plus for me. The story line was "eh", not much mystery there, but I did like the concept of the dogs. Most games I play usually have cats, so it was a nice change. Graphics were great, game filled my w/s, and the puzzles were not difficult, if you are use to playing these types of games. The hint button recharges pretty quick, not too much waiting for that. I couldn't figure out why I was at a standstill and thanks to the hint button I was able to find out what I over looked. It took me a couple of hours on casual mode, although there are 3 different modes.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Apr 11, 13 11:01 AM
It’s The Cute Factor

BASED ON CE GAME COMPLETED SEVERAL TIMES

It’s been almost a year since I played this game, and was all agog at how beautiful it was. And exciting. And most importantly, CUTE.

A gorgeous little puppy is kidnapped by monster dogs whilst trying to protect two equally adorable little kids. As we race off to find her, we instead find a brave but injured bulldog, and that dog too is grabbed! My heart ached for those dogs. Thereafter the game is littered throughout with doggy images and folklore.

This game is delightful alright. You have absolutely beautiful graphics, some very imaginative scenes (my favourite is the fountains), excellent cut-scenes.

You have an involving story, plenty of well done iHOs and puzzles (easy and familiar), and lots of travel.

There’s a ‘jump’ map, but I didn’t find it useful in any other way. No interactive components.

There are no collectibles or achievements.

It’s quite lengthy, but there’s nothing, really, other than the dogs to distinguish it.

Although one thing that did stand out for me was how quiet this game was. It’s eerie. I even had to turn up the volume to hear the very pleasant and relaxing music.

CE or SE? I’m tied. Both games register four stars, taking in the differences in price and content.

If you’re interested in new puzzles particularly (all the new ones seem to be in the bonus game), or fear you’ll be needing a strategy guide a lot, I’d recommend the CE.

I recommend this game!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jul 10, 13 7:16 PM
JustTheFacts wrote:You have absolutely beautiful graphics, some very imaginative scenes (my favourite is the fountains), excellent cut-scenes.
<snip>
It’s quite lengthy, but there’s nothing, really, other than the dogs to distinguish it.
Although one thing that did stand out for me was how quiet this game was. It’s eerie. I even had to turn up the volume to hear the very pleasant and relaxing music.
<snip>
If you’re interested in new puzzles particularly (all the new ones seem to be in the bonus game), or fear you’ll be needing a strategy guide a lot, I’d recommend the CE.

I agree. Nothing here is new... treat a wound, make a bullet, mix some chemicals, unlock some locks... but somehow it all works together to make a pleasant, well-done game, and I do appreciate a straight-forward game without a lot of overdone bells and whistles, which can be confusing and annoying at times.

You do go off on your adventure leaving your children unprotected and standing outside in the snow, but oh, well.

I like it.

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Jul 28, 13 5:11 AM
gatorgal637 wrote:In defense of my comment of reviewing CE game under the SE game reviews. If the review for a CE is given, and a game is purchased based on reviews, it is very disappointing to find out that the SE version does not contain things like collectable items, morphing items, etc. That is the difference I am looking for. I purchased the SE version of Surface, based on reviews, and then found out, there were no flowers to collect. Whereas, when I read in a review that the collectable owls were only available in the CE version of Black Isle, I then purchased that version. I do not care about wallpapers or concept art, but I do like the little extra touch of collecting, etc. I appreciate a "heads up" on information like this as to the difference in the two versions. So, if a review is given of a CE in the SE review, it is easy to be misguided.

Why can't there be one thread for a game with the poster clearly marking CE or SE at the beginning of the post? I think it would be so much easier to have everything in one place.

Go to: