Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

Re:Hints & Strategy on how TO KILL TOTALLY the OCTOPUS!!!

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 6, 09 11:09 PM
If you would focus more on playing the game and less in the forums you might get more gems and land.

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Feb 6, 09 11:13 PM
Hummm, now thats a thought......thinking....thinking....nope, not gonna happen.

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 6, 09 11:16 PM
LOL

Domz2009
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Domz2009 on Feb 7, 09 7:25 PM
Finding all gems?

Actually, its pretty hard, difficult, stressful, and so on... Enkord should make that glitter or, if possible, assign that to Guru, that if you click him, will tell you where to find it, since he acts as an adviser and commentor. That's preeeeetty coooool!!!! Coz Battling that Octupus is like a nightmare already... Gush!

Edited on 02/08/2009 at 7:38:48 PM PST

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 7, 09 7:27 PM
If you keep a tally of how many gems you get at each island you can see where you are missing.

21 gems on each normal island except for Volcano Island
20 gems on Volcano Island
21 gems on Lonely Iceberg and Lost temple

440 gems total.

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 7, 09 7:28 PM
Now if you wanna totally kill the octopus you modify all your characters and building. You will kill that sucker in 5 minutes, no prob.

If you can't beat them, cheat them.

Edited on 02/07/2009 at 7:28:41 PM PST

Domz2009
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Domz2009 on Feb 7, 09 7:43 PM

Hahahahahaha!

I thought, "If you ca't beat them, JOIN THEM" Or if you can't beat him, accept him... Hahahaha

That's pretty nice icebreaker..

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 7, 09 7:53 PM
Just so you know, I didn't cheat until I beat it a couple of times. The 3rd time I wanted to dominate the game. MUHAHAHA

Domz2009
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Domz2009 on Feb 7, 09 8:00 PM

Nice icebreaker again..!

Why cheat it you beat it twice or more? Oh com'on... The challenge is no longer there..

Did you, or did you not?

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 7, 09 8:04 PM
I beat it a total of 3 times. I now am beating it the normal way because I am making video walkthrus on You Tube. Ehkord the developer gave me permission that I could post it.

Domz2009
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Domz2009 on Feb 7, 09 8:14 PM

Hummmmmmmmmmm.

Now you are telling me, you are beating it the normal way, therefore the former where accomplished thru cheats!? Am I right?

Tell me if you done it so on normal way, coz I dont want to use cheats.

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 7, 09 8:26 PM
I beat it the 1st and 2nd time without cheats, the 3rd time with cheats. Now, for the walkthru videos I am making I am not cheating.

Domz2009
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Domz2009 on Feb 7, 09 9:24 PM

Hope you finish that early, we want to see it with my friends, to compare with our strategies...

Notify the forums after you post it.

Good luck..

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 7, 09 9:35 PM
I already have videos posted on You Tube that covers up through Seagull Island. I will be working on Red Rock next. These initial videos don't showing me get any of the gems, just all the special items that you can get.

Domz2009
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Domz2009 on Feb 8, 09 7:45 PM

Nice! Seen all the videos on youtube, still waiting for other levels..

Can I have a request?

THE WALKTHRU VIDEO on Inside Comet. How you beat that octu Master? That would be the "best to see" video.

Congrats!

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 8, 09 9:23 PM
Comet walkthru. That will definetely take a bit. I will have to break it into 2 10 minute videos. Reduced from 2 hours.

Edited on 02/08/2009 at 9:23:34 PM PST

rdiane2
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by rdiane2 on Feb 11, 09 3:11 AM
Finally made it!!!!!! Couldn't have done it without lots of help from the forums - especially Cyberomega, thank you!

Rank 64%
24H 38M

I started a second game before finishing the first - had to take a break from the frustration of trying to get the last 3% of gems for a while.

How do you get the three different endings? I'm going to try it this time without getting all the gems or other stuff first.

Edited on 02/11/2009 at 4:12:33 AM PST

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 11, 09 8:39 AM
Bad ending - sacrifice all your people to the mouths because you don't wanna kill the octopus. - Akura becomes evil
So-so ending - Don't solve the Guardian Moon or get into it, beat the Octopus boss (YAHOO!) - World is torched and you have to rebuild it.
Perfect ending - 100% gems, Get the purified Tear of Heaven, Kill stupid one hit killing machine, ink squirting (ok, so it doesn't squirt), ugly octopus. - purified Tear restores world and you live happily every after, well at least your characters do. You then have to play it again because you are a perfectionist and you want a grade of 100%.

pava
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by pava on Feb 11, 09 9:57 AM
My victorious village for the Obnoxious Octopus included 59 towers (mostly thunder with a few muds to slow them down), 9 shaman tents, 6 worker huts for fast repairs, 7 temples for various and multiple spells, and at least 1 of everything else except the hunter camp. I'm embarrassed that for once I didn't think about building towers near the Sadistic Squid's lair.

I saturated with towers the areas where the attacking stones and squid juniors tended to pop up, so the damage was minimal. Building at least one hut near each tower cluster to minimize worker travel time for repairs. As soon as Ol' Stoney is gone and Octopus Prime shows himself, immediately send the scouts through the new paths to find and destroy the purple pylons. The one in the northwest is the worst, because it takes great care to get a scout past the mouth without him being sucked in.

Even with all this preparation, defeating each of the aliens took HOURZ. I think it's too long for the repetitive process of recharging temples, repairing and rebuilding structures, and using the spells. Certainly, putting towers in the lair would have shortened that, but probably at the expense of the "health" of village buildings. I've suggested in another forum that we should be able to steal and build teleports once we've encountered them on Volcano Island. Workers would then spend more time working and less time commuting.

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 11, 09 11:04 AM
Less time commuting....

LOL, that was funny.

Go to: