mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

Re:Reviews for Jo's Dream: Organic Coffee

[Post New]by mkastor on Aug 2, 12 7:35 PM
This is a great game and the upgrades are awesome! The graphics are realistic and it's a huge help to have alot of help!

Only complaint...the sounds are annoying. The noises the people make are over the top however, that's why I have a mute button!

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Aug 2, 12 7:44 PM
MsHamster wrote:Interesting that there are no defined levels, but rather just the goals of getting the stars filled.

There are clearly defined levels: Each timed 'day' is a single level, with a monetary goal to be reached (as is usual in this kind of TM game).

Edit after buying and experimenting - although there is a daily goal (shown at top right of screen during the level) - if you fail it, the game still goes onto the next day but it says
"( the daily plan is not complete)"
as part of the summary stats. I'm not sure if there would be any impact at the end of the month but I won't be finding out as I'll always restart before end of day if I find myself missing a goal.

Increasing the star rating relates to upgrades not levels: With every extra star rating earned (by completing set upgrade goals), a new set of upgrades gets unlocked and sometimes new types of upgrade too since staff and renovation upgrades are not available at first.

So more stars = availability of better upgrades but those are just tools to help meet the main goals of reaching the required daily incomes.

Edited on 08/03/2012 at 1:10:14 PM PST

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Aug 2, 12 11:37 PM
While TMG are not new this is a truly REFRESHING TMG! It has lots of characters, employees, decorations, equpiment, different brands of drinks (including hot chocolate...hmmp, my favourite, tea, coffees) and a lot of extras like cheese cakes, ice-creams, magazines just like a real-live hot hype coffee shops

Really truly enjoy it much more than ranch rush, dinner dash (IMHO, dinner dash shld be dashed out of the window into the dustbins), farm mania, etc similar TMG!

Well DONE!

4/5 WHY wait?!! GO BUY

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Aug 3, 12 12:43 AM
This is one of the best time management games to date, that I have ever played.

I keep playing, and the upgrades keep coming! The amount of upgrades is insane (in a good way) How much can one establishment be decorated? Apparently quite a bit! You really get a lot of game for the regular game price. Even better for me, in that I used a free credit. Thanks BF!!!

The graphics are really cute, and the challenge on increased levels is great. Actually as I progress to higher levels, I find the challenge a bit easier, in that all the help if trained up, really do help a lot. You won't be bored however, because despite the help, you have lots to do. I focus most on the yellow people alerts, as well as the phone and cash registered orders, while letting the staff take care of the happier customers. If all the phone orders are complete and no one standing on the cash register, I go and help at the tables, as well as stocking up items. Once you memorize the recipes, it gets easier. Of course, if you need to, there are recipe boards to click on for help, but you'll find memorizing them better, because checking the recipe can slow you up a bit, despite the game pausing while you do so. When you purchase a full live band, clicking on them often, makes all the patrons happy again, so that is a good purchase to buy as soon as you can.

I'm just wondering if this game ever ends! I'm not complaining though. Five thumbs up from me. Well done developers!

Edited on 08/03/2012 at 12:58:10 AM PST

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Aug 3, 12 4:13 AM
Just finished this game (Timed). I found that concentrating on the food orders and letting the staff deal with the drinks was the best strategy.

A bit of an odd one really. Most TM games have an 'expert' completion award, but this one, well, you just finish the day and the amount of money you earn gets added to the total. It doesn't matter if all of the customers got served or if you make the daily plan (whatever that is - never could work it out!). Basically you keep playing until you earn enough to buy the things necessary to get all the stars. I had to keep playing what was effectively the same day over and over again until I finished 28 days - a requirement for the 5th star.

In summary, it was quite good and kept me entertained, but not one of my favourite games as there wasn't really much challenge or variety.

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Csgentry on Aug 3, 12 12:40 PM
lilTweet7 wrote:This is one of the best time management games to date, that I have ever played.

I keep playing, and the upgrades keep coming! The amount of upgrades is insane (in a good way) How much can one establishment be decorated? Apparently quite a bit! You really get a lot of game for the regular game price. Even better for me, in that I used a free credit. Thanks BF!!!

The graphics are really cute, and the challenge on increased levels is great. Actually as I progress to higher levels, I find the challenge a bit easier, in that all the help if trained up, really do help a lot. You won't be bored however, because despite the help, you have lots to do. I focus most on the yellow people alerts, as well as the phone and cash registered orders, while letting the staff take care of the happier customers. If all the phone orders are complete and no one standing on the cash register, I go and help at the tables, as well as stocking up items. Once you memorize the recipes, it gets easier. Of course, if you need to, there are recipe boards to click on for help, but you'll find memorizing them better, because checking the recipe can slow you up a bit, despite the game pausing while you do so. When you purchase a full live band, clicking on them often, makes all the patrons happy again, so that is a good purchase to buy as soon as you can.

I'm just wondering if this game ever ends! I'm not complaining though. Five thumbs up from me. Well done developers!

I have to say I agree with you. This is one of the best TM games I have seen in a long time. I haven't finished it yet and I think I still have a long way to go.

Great game!

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 3, 12 3:30 PM
Just posting to say that for me this is also one of the best TM games I have played in a good long while. I'm not in a hurry to finish it because I don't want it to end.

[Post New]by 39queenvictoria on Aug 3, 12 6:40 PM
I bought this game without trying it..I was so happy to finally get a TMG...I should of waited. I just look at the game and my employees will do it all. I like a demanding TMG where I get to do the job. Come on BIG FISH get us some better TMG or I am gonna have to say bye. I love TMG, but I guess I need to change to another site.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Aug 3, 12 11:42 PM
This is a TM that grows on you as you progress. Even though it starts quite slowly, it becomes more challenging as more machines and food items become available. On relaxed mode it is not a mad dashing around game. Rather, it is more aimed towards upgrading your coffee shop, staff and renovating the building. This is a click only game, no dragging (major advantage).

Unsurprisingly, the more you pay your staff, the better they work for you. The graphics are excellent for a TM, the equipment and shop look great and the coffees and cakes delicious. The recipes aren't too difficult to memorise and there are two separate places from which you can recall them if you forget.

Your customers have a unique language (reminiscent of the SIMs) and I'm sure I heard a few "Aloha"s and "Hola"s in there. Overall, very nicely done, cute and funny.

If I have one negative (which I forgot to say in my front page or 'star' review), it is that the items could do with being a bit bigger. Often, when clicking on a hot chocolate I end up picking up an espresso. Right clicking puts it back on the machine, though, so it's nothing more than a tad annoying; and the customer scolding you when you bring them the wrong drink is amusing, so it's all good.

Big overall thumbs up from me.

Edited on 08/03/2012 at 11:57:36 PM PST

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Aug 4, 12 6:20 AM
Tiger2010 wrote:Often, when clicking on a hot chocolate I end up picking up an espresso. Right clicking puts it back on the machine, though, so it's nothing more than a tad annoying; and the customer scolding you when you bring them the wrong drink is amusing, so it's all good.

Big overall thumbs up from me.

Thanks for the tip about right clicking Tiger, I was just left clicking if I wanted to return something to its machine, but that meant having to move cursor back to machine to put it down.

Here's a tip in return - I was having that problem too while I was trying to pick out the mug of hot chocolate itself, but I've started clicking on the machine instead of the mug and that works fine.

I think the machines are big active hot spots for collecting drinks and that's why, if we missed the hot chocolate mug by a little, we were hitting the espresso machine instead. I suspect it's more to do with how close together they are, and the angle that the scene is set at, rather than the mug being small.

ETA I just found out that you can also click on the picture of the drink on the wall above the machine to either pick up a drink or set the machine working.

Also... I was starting to see what others meant about needing to remember recipes but then I noticed that when the customer asks for their drink, the picture does reflect the ingredients. For example, if it requires espresso with cream and chocolate, then cream and chocolate are displayed next to the cup and saucer, only briefly but can be seen again by delivering a piece of their food part of the order, then the rest of their requirements get displayed again as they accept that from you.

Another plus about the game is that if you replay a day (need to pause & choose 'Replay the day' before letting the day end) you don't get exactly the same orders the next time.

I have found that even on days when I served everyone perfectly and made the goal, I can choose to replay (and I always do, if I didn't make at least $30 above the goal) and sometimes make a lot more money the second time. Sometimes I make less but I find the gamble worth it (and if I make less the 2nd time then I just play it a 3rd time ).

Edited on 08/04/2012 at 9:43:12 AM PST

[Post New]by cantdecide on Aug 4, 12 12:08 PM
As a fan of TM games, I was thrilled to see a new offering.

Jo's Dream: Organic Coffee will not be a purchase for me because game play is awkward and frustrating. I'm not a TM rookie by any means. I've played just about all of them and I like both strategy and clickfests. I love everything from the building games to the dash games.

This game is not a favorite for the following reasons:

1. I like to have a person running around doing things in this particular kind of game. Just clicking on things felt awkward to me --- not sure why.

2. The drink machines frustrated me because I like to be able to pick up one item and immediately click on the machine to produce a second item to have it ready for the next customer. No can do on this game.

3. It would be nice to be able to carry multiple items. Why can't I deliver a drink and ice cream to the same customer at the same time? Frustrating!

4. Because I spent too many of my college days waiting tables, I'm beyond trying to remember what someone ordered! It would be nice if the little caption that tells what the customer wants would stick around instead of going to the mood option, which is almost always yellow before I can serve a second item. Of course, I could just click on the caption again, but then it becomes tedious.

5. I like to replay levels without making the decision to replay before the time expires for the day. Once the day is done, then that level can't be replayed.

6. Although I didn't make it beyond a few simple drinks, the recipe book looks as if things get quite complicated in later levels. There is no way any of the customers would ever leave in a green mood if I have to click on more than one thing to make a drink. I could barely add carmel to any drink before the customer would get huffy!

I'm looking forward to the next time management offering. I may be waiting for quite some time!

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Aug 5, 12 12:01 AM
Thank you for the helpful hints in return, Daisy_May. I've started clicking on the machine and it works much better.

I did notice the thought bubble picture showing the ingredients for the drinks. That's really helpful too.

I'm now well on my way to earning every award. Just love games with awards or trophies. Funny how the "Spoil 50 Drinks" happens all by itself!

mooskilady
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by mooskilady on Aug 5, 12 8:23 PM
I didn't think I was going to like this one but I am totally hooked! It is much more challenging than other TM's I've played and I normally dislike games I cannot replay days on but overall this is totally a keeper. I can't stop playing! The characters are amusing, the play is fast-paced, the menu is a serious challenge and the goals are not quickly met. I have a feeling I'll be playing this one for quite some time and if it goes quicker than I think you can bet I will be replaying it!

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Aug 6, 12 8:05 AM
yeah, this is a really GREAT game, I can't believe how hooked it got me! I really love it, thanks! (gotta love Melesta!)
I have very few comments, all constructive and actually only one that is really important.
I mean, I could have used a bit bigger trash bin perhaps, but, got through it.
One thing did bother me throughout the game, it's about the music. Don't get me wrong - I'm a music lover, I thought the music was great, I really loved the tune changing radio and the concept of a live band BUT - why does the live band only know one tune? I know I can keep selecting in between, but let's face it, come's a point at the game when you mostly listen to the band, 'cause you gotta keep everyone happy and it's the only way, right? The third upgrade with the female singer was too annoying to play with for more than aaaahhhmmmm from the minute I had to 'till the minute I could fire her. I'm just saying it would be cool if the live band knew the same tunes as the radio does and be a bit more diverse themselves...
But really, Great game, love it! having fun, thanks!
I hear a second part is on the moves already, how very cool, I'm ready for a new 12 stars system lol and maybe the band thing will be taken under consideration?

[Post New]by cocojambo13 on Aug 7, 12 5:39 PM
nice game, but way too short....

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Aug 14, 12 7:21 PM
I used my free stamp to get this game. But when all the equipment, upgrades of employees, the building itself is done, I am left to have to play for "28" game days in order to get an award.

There are just so many variations that I completely gave up on making coffees, and just let my "employees" do the job. I just tag on to a character that already served by an employee to get the customer that slice of cake or ice cream

Like most TMG its get boring after all the upgrades are done and theres not much challenge left. But still good graphics, good overall way of doing a TMG with lots to buy, upgrades, lots of recipes of drinks etc

Verdict: 3.5/5 (get it with your free stamp but be prepared to be bored once all upgrades are done)

pamhamlet
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by pamhamlet on Aug 19, 12 4:26 AM
I absolutely loved this game! I played on relaxed mode, because I play games to have fun and, well...relax and not get stressed out with frantic clicking.

It took me 7 hours to complete, with a couple of breaks in between. Very enjoyable, from the overall story line, to the attractive graphics, to the levels of progression, and especially to the coffees and pastries. From the start, the game made me wish I had a big chocolate muffin to go with the 3 cups of cinnamon coffee I drank while playing!. I like that the staff and customers were larger and easy to see and moved at normal speed. This was a nice change from the usual TMs where the characters are flat, one-dimensional, teeny tiny, and all similar looking, running around frantically like ants.

This game looked nice, played nice, sounded nice, and kept me busy accomplishing fun goals to help Jo establish and upgrade her coffee shop. In the beginning you do a lot more work, but as you hire more workers and pay them higher wages, they become more efficient. In fact, one of the reward trophies is given for not making a single click during a level. I've never experienced that in a game. It was fun to sit back and watch the staff handle it all---and they did!

I found this to be a well put together game that was appealing on several counts. I never got bored, never got frustrated, just had a blast the whole time. Very satisfying. I would play this again and highly recommend it.

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Sep 8, 12 3:33 PM
I bagged this game in its Reviews, even though I bought it. But since then, I've had a re-think (can't change my review or add a new one though). There is something very playable and challenging about this game. I love all the different characters and the high pace of it.

My initial reluctance and issues still stand - but having played the game out twice now, I think it was just a lack in the tutorial and general help. Not knowing that I could click and drag the characters out of the way, and knowing exactly where to click to get the coffee machines to load up again. There is alot of exact clicking, which annoys me, but on the whole I've come to enjoy this game and its amazing graphics and gameplay.

I eat humble pie!

Bailey868
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Bailey868 on Dec 23, 12 2:39 PM
I, too, have the same issues as others: Can't deliver multiple items, order requests are quick to disappear, etc. However, one thing that bugs me is that you have to give the barista and waitress pay increases in order to make them work harder. Where in life is this true? Here's a concept: Work harder and THEN get paid more.

[Post New]by gersgirl on Mar 26, 13 3:03 AM
Quick question when you receive all 5 stars is that the game finished? I have completed this game a few times and I wish it would continue does anybody know???

Go to: