bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Facade: Sinister Obsession technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 9, 12 12:20 PM
Hi linda43416,

If you haven't already done so, you can definitely get in touch with our Tech Support team and they'll be happy to help. They can take a look at how this or other specific games are running with your computer and see if there are any adjustments you can make so that you no longer have those issues.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

bfgMonongahela

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Aug 10, 12 4:34 AM
thank you bfgMonongahela, I have spent a lot of time with tech support for this and they were great! And things were better after I gave my machine a good cleaning and bought a new graphic card. But this last game is back to being a bit troublesome. Why is it mainly with these particular games? is what I wonder? Love their games a lot, I guess that is why I put up with a little, more or less, aggravation to play them. Thanks so much for your kind help, unless some new development has happened, I'll just have to put up with it! Need a really intensive graphic card but then I'd need more wattage and maybe a different motherboard and on and on!!! Someday.......

[Post New]by irishbabygrl on Aug 10, 12 2:17 PM
i bought this game and everytime i try and open it to play i get comctl32.dll,error 3
i have tried downloading dll but its not working please can anyone help me with it
many thanks

seawar
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by seawar on Aug 16, 12 8:37 AM
Am having trouble with the radio. The knob won't change the station, so the snake won't go to sleep. Please help.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 16, 12 10:57 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming in here with some more advice for you.

First, linda43416 - I'm sorry to hear that these particular games are still giving you trouble. It does sound like they must just have some element in them that doesn't want to play nice with your computer. I hope you're still finding this one enjoyable, and having fun with your other games too!

irishbabygrl ~ the error you're seeing could be related to the Game Manager. The first thing I'd try is uninstalling and reinstalling that program, which we go over in help article here.

If you try that and are still running into that error, please get in touch with our Tech Support so they can work with you directly to get everything resolved. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. Or, if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 08/16/2012 at 10:57:51 AM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 16, 12 10:59 AM
Hi seawar,

It looks like some other Fishies who were playing the Collector's Edition of this game had trouble with the radio too.

I found this thread in the C.E. Forum with some good advice about how to solve that puzzle: About that pesky radio (just click the blue text to be taken right there).

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by jodymay39 on Oct 21, 12 9:01 AM
I can not find where to post my question so I see someone else has but I do not see an answer. I am at the snake and I have the station number for the radio but it will not turn the dial when I click on the knob. I am stuck here and need to know how to take care of this problem. SOON. I hate buying a game and then not being able to play it.

[Post New]by jodymay39 on Oct 21, 12 9:54 AM
found your answer to the radio and got it going. But now I am in Limbo. Can't find a way to move the furniture on the steps or the vines on the side of the building. The notes say "have to give the dog the signal" I do not have whistle or a bone or anything to signal him with. Whats up with these 2 spots. And hint just says "nothing can be done here"

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Oct 21, 12 4:05 PM
jodymay39 wrote:found your answer to the radio and got it going. But now I am in Limbo. Can't find a way to move the furniture on the steps or the vines on the side of the building. The notes say "have to give the dog the signal" I do not have whistle or a bone or anything to signal him with. Whats up with these 2 spots. And hint just says "nothing can be done here"
When you fixed the dog's paw, did you pick up the photograph he left behind? You need to pick it up to trigger a new HOS (I think on the landing between the rooms but not entirely sure) that will give you a dog whistle.

mbmb6868
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by mbmb6868 on Nov 4, 12 6:51 PM
Purchased the game and now I can't get out of the freezer. Every time I complete the tasks in the freezer my game freezes/crashes when I attempt to leave the freezer. Awesome.

Re:Post any Grim Facade: ERS Games

[Post New]by akala57 on Nov 26, 12 9:59 AM
I took advantage of the ability to purchase all of the ERS games at one time. I have had nothing but problems with all of them. I have to say that they seem to be lacking in product testing and quality control. I have honestly never had these types of problems with other games. This has been so bad, that I have felt compelled to write a complaint; something I rarely do. I won't be purchasing games from this company again until they clean up their act. These are programming errors. If someone does something out of order, the game shouldn't blow up. To ERS: Test your product guys - then fix the problems!!!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 26, 12 10:25 AM
Hi akala57,

I'm sorry to hear you're having such trouble with your new games!

If you haven't already done so, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to see what's going on with those games and work with you directly on some troubleshooting.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by sewbee1 on Mar 8, 13 1:01 PM
I get an error and get kicked out of the game this is happening all through the game

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Mar 8, 13 1:46 PM
Hi sewbee1,

Welcome to the Pond, and I'm sorry to hear that you're getting kicked out of the game! One thing that might help is to update all game related software and drivers. You can find information on doing that here on our help article if you'd like to take a look:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those tips aren't working, please let our Tech Support Team know and they'll be happy to look further into that for you so you can enjoy the game.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

Edited on 03/08/2013 at 1:46:41 PM PST

[Post New]by sewbee1 on Mar 9, 13 12:21 PM
I got this game and I keep getting access violation and get thrown out of the game and have to start that section over again

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Mar 9, 13 1:40 PM
Hi sewbee1,

Welcome to the Pond, and I'm sorry to hear that's happening. Access violation errors can have a few different causes, but this help article here goes over some basic steps you can take to get that working normally:

Access Violation

If those tips aren't working, please let our Tech Support Team know and they'll be happy to take a closer look at the problem for you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Missmouse1 on Aug 15, 13 8:40 PM
I too have clicked. On the sons photo in the garage and it only went to the diary not into the inventory. This is really frustrating. How can it be solved? ASAP reply would e. appreciated.

[Post New]by leylous on Aug 18, 13 12:33 AM
I deleted and reinstalled the game when the photo appeared only in the diary. I played the game until the point where you have to buy it but when I click on already purchased the dial starts turning and and does't stop!!!

[Post New]by Dr_Khubie on Aug 18, 13 6:14 AM
iPad version: early on in the HOS with the shovel and sand, can't get that combination to work. Not just me, since there's a similar comment in the reviews.

[Post New]by Mumoftwoxx on Aug 23, 13 12:59 AM
I had the same problem but just kept moving the shovel over loads of times and it just worked but I don't know y! But now I can't seem to hook the helmet to put over the snake....been trying for ages!!

Go to: