Reviews for Be Richest!

MissiD
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Reviews for Be Richest!

[Post New]by MissiD on Aug 7, 12 12:04 PM
I loved games 1 & 2 so when I saw Be Richest I bought it without even trying the demo. BIG mistake, in my opinion. The graphics are very good, but so far I can't stand the game. Hate the rats, yeti, and crooks. As many others have said it seems that I'm fighting them so much I can't even begin to make the level goals. I'm at about level 16 and am still lost most of the time. I think I'll start the game again under a different name and see if I have a better time with it. Good luck everyone!

djeddy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by djeddy on Aug 7, 12 6:13 PM
This has to be the worst in the series! My arm is killing me from tapping on the mouse constantly. As far as badges, good luck trying to get them.

Horrible, sorry I bought it!!!!

BoutjeFedankt
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by BoutjeFedankt on Aug 8, 12 3:04 AM
You can do something to get rid of most rats. Just keep your appearance way above 1000 always. When you want more money and or more days to finish just adjust the file levels.xml in the map with the data with a program like wordpad, you can change the days and money you start with each level for instance. Make sure to make a copy of the file in case you make a typo.

khandersuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by khandersuk on Aug 8, 12 2:49 PM
I am another who made the mistake of buying this, only to find after getting in a few levels that the pests are just too much. They are relentless and are on EVERY single level after a certain point and just take the fun away completely. I become so focused on super-clicking that I can't usually keep up with much else. I'd definitely skip this one given a second chance.

azerena
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

re: reviews for Be Richest!

[Post New]by azerena on Aug 8, 12 4:56 PM
Since I have and love the two previous games of the series I bought this one without even trying it.
Big Mistake. The constant clicking required is good enough reason NOT to buy this game. The pop-ups with people talking, the yetis, the paparzzi, the rats, (especially the rats) makes the game too annoying to enjoy. If you like "Be Rich" re-play 1 & 2.

grabit2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by grabit2 on Aug 8, 12 7:33 PM
i loved this game, best of this series yet.. BUT! and it is a big but... get rid of that constant clicking on rats etc!! please!! make another one without that. i see i am not the only one to HATE that constant clicking... spoiled what could have been the best ever of this series..

saying that.. i have played it all the way through, built all the specials, have an abundance of coins, chips, lamps, etc... and wished there was more.. sans rats etc.

how about an update that takes the rats etc out? or gives an option? or gives a requirement to be met to get rid of them all which will allow a person to play the game without RSI? i would gladly play it all through again then.

[Post New]by redrevolutie on Aug 9, 12 2:29 AM
cdnmsmom wrote:I was excited to buy this game as I really liked the previous versions....my mind changed after playing the game off and on for a few days.

FRUSTRATION became the key emotion I was feeling while playing the game. As someone with M.S., my 'fast clicking ability' is limited....so guess what?!? I lose buildings to rats, paparazzi and yeti's over and over and over again. Also, because I have to fix a building before demolishing it, I immediately run out of cash so have to start the level over again.

The premise of the game is excellent, but needing to be a super clicker takes away from the fun. Is it a time management/building game or a 'shooting/killing' game?

I just don't understand the developer's need to make us insane/crazy and to give us carpal tunnel. Aren't games supposed to be fun and entertaining?? This one makes me nuts.

Just wanted to say: love the "carpal tunnel" reference Sorry I didn't think about it first, but it's right in the bull's eye!

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Aug 10, 12 9:16 AM
I usually enjoy games of this type, and I enjoyed the other "Be Rich" games, and at first, I liked this and bought it. Now I wish I hadn't bothered!

To repeat what others have said, this game just gets annoying! The annoying yeti and the rats keep appearing and it's a constant click-fest trying to get rid of them, sometimes one appears as soon as another has been clicked to death, and sometimes two appear at a time.
Plus then you're trying to build things!
Then the annoying characters that pops up with pointless bollocks in the bottom corner and won't go away unless you click on it, and this often ends up with you accidentally clicking on a building underneath it and upgrading it, if you wanted to or not.
I am up to around level 15 or 16 or so and am totally sick of the constant clicking. I wondered if that was just *that* level, but it seems by the reviews, that this continues and gets worse. It's already very irritating, I don't think I could take it much more!!

Please, developers, give us a TM game that is a bit different, is also fun and entertaining and doesn't involve a massively irritating click-fest.
NO THANK YOU, I have quit. I feel I wasted my money now.

Audreyrpeters
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyrpeters on Aug 10, 12 10:29 AM
Let me start by saying I really enjoyed the previous two "Richer" games. This started off nice with the first several levels until I found this to be one of the more irritating games I have played. The interface left much to be desired as you can barely control whether you are upgrading a building or destroying it. I had many issues with the interface, but too many to list. I like being able to accomplish gold times with TM games. This one seems like it is impossible. I was not able to acheive gold from level 9 onward, in fact I was lucky to even complete the upper levels at all. When deciding on what building to buy the program did not stop. So when I would look at what building I wanted I would get rats, or some other irritating thing come up so I would have to stop and fix the problem. This happened over and over and over. I can't imagine what the developers were thinking when they thought this would be a good idea. It is just primarily a click fest without giving you any time to strategize and analyze the property values, capacities, etc. Wish I hadn't bought this game.

[Post New]by daylillie1 on Aug 12, 12 6:40 PM
Like others, I have the first 2 and really enjoyed them. Bought this right away, and did play all the way through, however, it is certainly NOT my favorite of the series. I really had to space the days between playing this because my wrist and arm was hurting so bad!!! Like the challenge of doing 2 or 3 things at a time, but I KNOW they can make these bad guys, rats, etc. disappear with fewer clicks. It takes forever to get rid of them. Finger goes numb! Also don't like the "people" that keep popping up while playing. Have to stop whatever you're doing and click on them. Most of it was nonsense things anyway. May play it again, not sure right now.

TDogSky
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by TDogSky on Aug 13, 12 5:46 PM
Definitely do not like this version as much as the first two.

[Post New]by Time2Unwind on Aug 18, 12 2:45 PM
I adored the first 2 games. The strategy here isn't the earning of money and building property. That is part of the game, but really, this game is just a click-fest. You have to repeatedly click robbers, yetti, rats, click to speed up construction, and all at a rapid pace. The information on upgrades, house values, rents, why you should add commercial buildings and what rent value, decorations, etc, do not appear unless you hover for about 3 seconds. In a Time Management game, why would you waste that valuable time? The part I do love is that the levels are difficult and require strategy to figure out. If I could have that without the stupid clicking (My wrist and elbow are KILLING me) then we would have a deal. So sorry I purchased it.

DGA1961
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by DGA1961 on Aug 26, 12 1:26 PM
I bought this a few weeks ago, and I like this game and the series.

HOWEVER.. If you don't already have Repetitive Stress Injury, you will before you finish this game. When you have a rat infestation for example, it hits 3 houses at one time, and you need to rapidly click about 30 times per house to clear the rats. If you are like me and already have bad hands/wrists, you're going to be miserable!

Either way, though, I'm having fun!

Nortank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by Nortank on Aug 27, 12 1:35 PM
This game is soooooo carpal-tunnel-unfriendly! Those rats and other "disasters" that you have to click away at are incredibly awful to multiclick at!

If they could only add an option to get rid of the rats and such! Then this game would be super-enjoyable!

Shopr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

HELP!

[Post New]by Shopr on Sep 12, 12 1:16 PM
How do I get rid of the "Carpel Tunnel" Causing pop-ups, yetis, paparazzi, and rats, (especially the rats)? They make this otherwise enjoyable game too irRATating to play!!!!!!!!!!

susukaram
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by susukaram on Sep 15, 12 5:15 AM
I really loved Be Richest. But I missed a few things: first, it is only possible to play five times, second: the menu does not give you a ranking. eg in fifth gate: every time you play your position appears in relation to the other players (of course that is yourself). I finished several times and am trying to get gold on all levels, but I'm wondering if there is a special reward for it. I'll be frustrated if not. For those who complain about the rats, the solution is quite simple: just keep the appearance in a high level.
enjoy!!!

Neons
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Neons on Sep 30, 12 11:50 AM
All I can do is reiterate what everyone else has said. Who on earth thought the rats were a good idea? Sack them now because not only does it spoil the game, it gives you rsi and buggers up your mouse/keyboard.

Also, I don't get how the buildings keep wanting more commercial facilities. I mean, I get that each community needs shops, offices etc. but I built about 5 restaurants, fast food places etc, upgraded them up to 3 stars and still it wasn't enough. People don't eat out that much!!!!!!!!!

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Feb 25, 13 12:59 AM
It's a great game if you don't mind getting carpal tunnel.

Go to: