Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

Re:Reviews for The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal

[Post New]by Eoarod on Aug 8, 12 9:18 AM
Well we sure got a quick fix! Now that I only have ONE of everything...

It's a nice game! Seems a good variety of tasks, H0 scenes & puzzles mixed up well! Good storyline & game plays well now that it plays. What I seem to really be enjoying is just looking around the scenes at the details & the decor - kinda weird, but I find it really interesting & am not getting through the game very quickly because of it! There are many good games with amazing graphics - these are good not great - but I still feel like a tourist in a museum & just want to admire things before moving on!

With the quick fix I'd say give this one a try!

Happy Gaming

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Aug 8, 12 9:35 AM
Now that we have a fixed version (all but a few quirks like blank screen once and a error message that then terminated the program) I really like the game and find the graphics outstanding and the storyline very good. Hope the developers put another one out like this or even to continue this storyline after they have really worked out the bugs before offering it to us.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Aug 8, 12 12:20 PM
well this game even after the update was not for our taste. it will be a no buy for us.---------doug & lisa

GlennMcC
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by GlennMcC on Aug 9, 12 2:30 PM
I really don't understand why this game got such poor reviews. It is not Echoes of the Past or Secrets of the Dark, but the graphics were good and I enjoyed the game. I am glad that I got it despite the reviews. The only thing that I didn't like was the abrupt ending, with no explanation of what had just occurred. Otherwise, a good game.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Aug 13, 12 4:59 PM
I loved this game,

creepy story line: check
good graphics: check
mixture of HOGs and puzzles: check

Rating: 4/5

* Go get it with your free stamp!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Aug 14, 12 2:34 PM
Well I have just finished playing the updated version of this game and I am glad to say that the loop problem was not encountered at all in this version .

I liked the storyline and there was a good voiceover at the start but I did have to mute the music. Most of the graphics were reasonably good but I did find some scenes where the hidden objects were difficult eg, the burrow was a bit too dark and the underwater scene had a bit too much water obscuring the objects. Talking about the hidden object scenes there were quite a lot of them .

Overall this was quite a good game however the problem with the custom cursor stopping working that I encountered in the original version continued sporadically throughout this but, while annoying, it was not enough for me to abandon the game. One thing I didn't like however was the ending, I felt it was a bit too abrupt.

Cherb

[Post New]by Sheekie on Aug 21, 12 3:43 AM
The hour of demo slipped by quickly and this game got me hooked. Lots, lots, lots of HO scenes. The atmosphere of an old Russian fairy tale was enchanting.

This game is not super-duper, but at the same time it stands above the standard HOG. If you are hesitating, try the demo.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Aug 30, 12 6:36 PM
Not sure how I missed this when it first came out, but I sure did. Not a bad little game. Graphics okay mostly, but some areas a bit odd, e.g. digging out the horse. Music gets very annoying very quickly..the same few notes all the time. Hint system isn't much help when it point up in the air and there is nowhere to go.

HOGs simple but take some thought. Games very simple. Not a lot of direction and a lot of shoe leather running back and forth. Nice game for a beginner, but not for a seasoned HOG veteran. No buy for me.

Thanks for the reviews.

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Sep 4, 12 6:06 PM
This is a HOPA for people who like games heavy on hidden objects, light on puzzles or adventure.

On the minus side. The music is the same few notes repeated over and OVER. And they aren't very appealing few notes. Feel free to mute because there aren't any voice overs or interesting sound effects after the introduction. The grammar and spelling are terrible. You search for objects like sheers (shears). It could have used a lot more quality control. The ending is the absolute WORST ENDING of any game I have ever played, and that's hundreds of games. You don't even get "and they lived happily ever after."

On the plus side. It really had the look and feel of a Russian fairy tale. It had orginality. It isn't just like every other game on the market. The hidden object scenes are interactive. Once played, they can be replayed from the main menu without replaying the whole game, similar to Mystery PI or Amazing Adventures. The hint system was good because it worked outside of the hidden object scenes and it didn't reveal too much - just navigation arrows unless you were in a place where you missed something. There were only a few scenes (I think it was a maximum of five) in each chapter, so you didn't need a map.

Nobody in their right mind would consider this for game of the year, but if you really like hidden objects and don't mind returning to the same HOS several times, this game is worth the purchase price.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Nov 26, 12 10:20 AM
Really enjoyed playing a game that is about another country's folk tale..The artwork and graphics were pleasant and it was fun trying to figure out what the misnamed (for us in USA were- like torch for flashlight).
After completing game click 'free game' and you can replay the HOG scenes.
Our world is getting smaller every day and traditional storys can be a pleasant break in the usual game story lines, especially when they show traditional costumes and architecture and also items from the past in the HOG scenes..
Hope to see more games of this type and a sequel to this one.

lookywho
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by lookywho on May 1, 13 7:39 AM
nice game to play but weird ending so fast

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Aug 11, 13 8:52 PM
Sheekie wrote:[...] Lots, lots, lots of HO scenes. The atmosphere of an old Russian fairy tale was enchanting.

This could well be a hidden gem for HO lovers. I played about 50 minutes of the demo, most of that looking for hidden objects. Finally,enough was enough. I like HOs, but even for me, there can be too much of a good thing.

I didn't have any problems playing the game. It downloaded and installed very quickly. The hint button has the fastest refill I've experienced in any game. The puzzle skip takes longer.

There are some interactive bits in the HOS, including some that you have to get completely out to retrieve something from your inventory. You can't flip between the list bar and inventory bar like in some other games. I thought that was pretty inconvenient.

I wanted to like this game, especially because of the pretty graphics and the story, but I won't be getting it. As always, everyone's taste is different, so I do recommend you try it.

Go to: