Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Grave Testimony Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Kiwidog on Aug 19, 12 6:05 PM
The game froze up twice for me. Both times it was on the pirate ship & it was when I used the crow to retrieve an item. I had to completely reboot because I couldn't do anything else. Very frustrating! Has there been any more updates since the last one? I hope there will be a fix soon !

bethy829
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Grave Testimony Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bethy829 on Aug 19, 12 7:52 PM
Same problem with the game freezing up and having to completely reboot. This happened the second time I tried to use the crow to retrieve the can opener for the cat food so I didn't get very far into the game before this little bug showed up. At this point I'm not sure I even want to try again. I would also like to know if more updates are in the works because we sure can't play this game the way it is now.....

[Post New]by jenrab on Aug 20, 12 12:31 AM
Curser slow and sticks throughout game; impossible in Bonus game. Screen freezes repeatedly. I thought we were past these programming flaws.

alice21
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by alice21 on Aug 22, 12 6:25 AM
I bought this game on Sunday and it came up with access violation and I could go no further, I have uninstalled and reinstalled and started under a new profile, now having to redo the game from the beginning, I was really enjoying the game until this happened, it tends to put you off it having to restart from the beginning and dreading the same thing is going to happen round the corner. If this is supposed to be after the fix all i can say is it aint working; I shall carry on and hope i can get through to the end this time, a good game ruined in my opinion.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 22, 12 12:00 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to see some of you are still having trouble even after getting the updated version of this CE.

If you're specifically running into Access Violations, we go over some steps on how to deal with them in the help article here.

If you haven't already done so, checking for updates to your video card and graphics drivers can also help with the game freezing. We go over how to do that in this help article here.

But if you've tried those suggestions and are still having trouble, please get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can see why the game is still not running correctly even after that update.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

alice21
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by alice21 on Aug 23, 12 5:11 AM
Sadly, the same thing has happened again after following all of the suggestions, I am unable to face starting the game again so will have to contact the 'green envelope', what a pity it was a good game and was looking forward to playing

mplskate
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by mplskate on Aug 23, 12 4:33 PM
Just downloaded the game within the hour, but I'm having a different issue than other folks. My screen is minimizing down into the task bar when I click in certain scenes. Doesn't seem to matter if it's dead center or closer to the side of the screen.

However, from reading all the other technical issues people are having, I don't think it's worth investing any more time. If the game is put through more vigorous QC and reissued, I'll give it a try then.

Bummer. I'll have to find some other way to procrastinate this evening.

[Post New]by Freedomlover08 on Aug 25, 12 4:56 PM
My game is stuck on the last medallion piece which is located in the locker on the 2 floor in the mine. I click and click but nothing happens. I cannot advance because I need that piece to complete a minigame. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice, but it's doing the same thing (installing with updates.) I want my money back!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 25, 12 5:55 PM
Freedomlover08 wrote:My game is stuck on the last medallion piece which is located in the locker on the 2 floor in the mine. I click and click but nothing happens. I cannot advance because I need that piece to complete a minigame. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice, but it's doing the same thing (installing with updates.) I want my money back!

Responded in your thread "Medallion Piece".

[Post New]by gamliz on Aug 25, 12 6:16 PM
In the mine, the strategy guide indicates to take the piece of wood to level one to cut into pieces but when I go to level one in the elevator, the doors don't open and I see a stone wall beyond the doors.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 26, 12 7:47 PM
gamliz wrote:In the mine, the strategy guide indicates to take the piece of wood to level one to cut into pieces but when I go to level one in the elevator, the doors don't open and I see a stone wall beyond the doors.

Back out to exit the elevator on Level 1. This is a pretty common mechanic in games - you might run into it again in another game and now you'll know what to do!

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Sep 2, 12 5:42 AM
I just bought this game well after the "fix". I too was stuck in the elevator so thanks for that tip. Since we exited the elevator on more than one occasion previously in the game by going forward, I don't think it was expected here and it was an unwise decision on the part of the game developers. I then had an error shut me down completely and boot me out of the game while moving about on the ship. But I was able to get right back in. This is not what I expect from ERS or a CE. I have a brand new computer loaded with power and memory and a dedicated 1G VRAM...no excuse.

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Sep 2, 12 11:25 AM
Bought game 8/18 installed August 29th and game worked perfectly until the ghost ship and using the crow then it froze and froze my computer - wouldn't even allow me to use Control Alt Delete. Game has a technical issue that needs to be dealt with! I have a PC and running Vista with new drivers - BFG suggested.

lezl10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by lezl10 on Sep 6, 12 7:58 PM
Okay I bought this game within a week and I am experiencing a glitch I have never seen before. When I tried to click on the workshop door (I have the key) to the clockmakers workshop the screen got darker and a glowing "x" appeared and all I could do was click on it and the screen went back to normal. I checked the guide and did everything else I could and went back to the workshop door. Now the screen gets darker and the glowing "x" appears, but, now it has a flame on top of it that looks like a candle flame. I am using a brand new fully updated computer that is 2 weeks old so it is not on me. What is going on?! Obviously I can't go any further in the game and I have to agree I am really tired of buying games with unfixed problems. I'm wondering if I should just terminate my membership because you never get your money back and I'm tired of not being able to just enjoy playing. If anyone has a clue about this please help!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 7, 12 1:57 AM
lezl10 wrote:Okay I bought this game within a week and I am experiencing a glitch I have never seen before. When I tried to click on the workshop door (I have the key) to the clockmakers workshop the screen got darker and a glowing "x" appeared and all I could do was click on it and the screen went back to normal. I checked the guide and did everything else I could and went back to the workshop door. Now the screen gets darker and the glowing "x" appears, but, now it has a flame on top of it that looks like a candle flame. I am using a brand new fully updated computer that is 2 weeks old so it is not on me. What is going on?! Obviously I can't go any further in the game and I have to agree I am really tired of buying games with unfixed problems. I'm wondering if I should just terminate my membership because you never get your money back and I'm tired of not being able to just enjoy playing. If anyone has a clue about this please help!

Sounds like You should definitelY get in touch with tech support! That is reallY weird!!! And if You have games that You cannot plaY and tech support can't get them working for You, while theY do not give You a refund, they will give You a coupon for a free game.

ps. SorrY - "Y" keY is stuck on caps!

[Post New]by galwaygirl1 on Sep 7, 12 2:16 PM
HI. I have gotten as far as the judge's and clockmaker's houses. I picked up both gems for the statue's eyes (one in the clockhouse and one by the tree behind the judge's house) but when I went back to play the game I only had one in my inventory. Even if I go back to those two places it shows that they are both gone. Please help.. I am stuck at this point and have no idea what to do. This is the first time I've ever had to post a tech issue- all the other games have been working fine. So frustrating...

Edited on 09/07/2012 at 2:18:08 PM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 7, 12 2:28 PM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you experiencing crashing issues or problems with the game minimizing to the taskbar, you can first make sure that all drivers and software programs are updated fully. You can find more information on doing that here on our help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

galwaygirl1, uninstalling and reinstalling the game may help with that problem. You can find information about doing that here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If those recommendations aren't helping, please let our Tech Support team know so they can assist you further.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by jtjlollipop on Sep 13, 12 4:22 PM
Hi, I'm in the Judges Library no prob, but in the HOS I have a white rectangle where th hourglass should be. Have done ALL the suggestions including deleting CE file and starting again. That damn white rectangle is still there!
HELPPPPP!!! would like to finish this on as Penumbra Motel CE went belly up at the pipe puzzle.

GrndmN1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by GrndmN1 on Sep 14, 12 1:22 AM
I have a problem - at the pirate ship - sound goes into a loop, and the cursor won't move.- I contacted support and included a Dr Felix Report. I got a reply saying that my driver was downloaded in 2008 and to update the driver. Well this is not my driver at fault - I can play all the other games perfectly well; it is just this game that is driving me mad! Alll the other Redemption Cemetery games are FINE - so it isn't the driver....- it is the game that has a glitch - and judging from other replies, it is majorly at fault! I am so disappointed because the game is brilliant..... I was not recommended to uninstall and re- install the game - I wonder why?

And I bought my game AFTER the fix on August 8.......

Anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it?

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Sep 27, 12 10:58 PM
First a lot of the lagging/freeszing seems to come w the portals after u r thru it improves. EXCEPT for the pirate ship.mini freezes , dark screens w sound only, very jumpy. I cant even imagine what it was like b4 the fix. Won't bother w Cust Serv they will simply tell me my drivers r outdated prob are but cant seem to find up dates ( Yes it is old JUST LIKE ME, WHUT'S IT TO YA PILGRIM?!)

H e l I, WISH I could be refurbished & updated w new downloads 2 but me and my puter jest gotta git along as bes we kin.

Go to: