layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

Re:Reviews for Grim Tales: The Wishes

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Sep 4, 12 5:13 AM
A really superb game with fabulous graphics and a great story line. This is the norm from Elephant Games - quality, quantity, and overall excellence. HIghest praise for consistently producing such wonderful, playable, and interesting games.

lynnestock
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lynnestock on Sep 20, 12 12:49 AM
OMG. I like long games, but this is ridiculous. I've been playing on and off for over 2 weeks and just finished it. I play about an hour at a time, quite a quick player and always play on medium mode and have loads of experience with this type of game. It was so long I just wanted it to finish. The mini games were so complicated in their explanation you need a degree to understand just what you need to do! I don't know what I would have done without the hint button - some of the inventory objects were so obscure in their use I would never have solved anything i.e. pickaxe to open a curtain??? What's all that about.

Need a lie down in a darkened room to get over this one.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Sep 22, 12 7:28 PM
another excellent game in the grim tales series, a long game that is well worth the money

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Sep 30, 12 8:11 PM
Beautiful game! I really enjoyed playing it ,specially since the developers are making the games less stressful for some of us who are very happy with the new hints ,that keep us from going back and forth to W/T .Thanks BF and Elephant games .

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Oct 25, 12 4:53 PM
Great game! I like all the Grim Tale games and all the other games this group produces. Good graphics and color. Plenty of games, puzzles and HOS.

TenaR
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

My Review of Grim Tales: The Wishes

[Post New]by TenaR on Jan 20, 13 7:35 AM
I really enjoyed this game a lot. There were hidden object scenes but not an overwhelming amount of them so you didn't get tired of them. The puzzles were challenging and honestly, I did skip a couple just because I didn't feel like being frustrated at the moment I liked how the game was broken down into different "memories" and areas. That was cool and kept it interesting. I like the map feature so you aren't running around back and forth. The story line was weak to say the least but the game was still VERY enjoyable.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Feb 12, 13 4:07 PM
This was a really fun game. Would recommend it to any of my gaming friends. It's nice and long, great graphics, lively story line, plenty of fun hidden object scenes, lots of surprises and interesting mini-games, Good job Elephant designers.

[Post New]by HaroldPutter on Feb 18, 13 7:50 AM
Great story, beautiful graphics, HOG's and the mini-games are innovative without being brain-numbing, earn achievements ... no glitches. This is a buy for me.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Feb 22, 13 9:42 PM
Convoluted plot, lots of to-ing and fro-ing for reasons known only to the devs, wooden characters .. ( genius's one moment, thick as two short planks the next), and contradictory actions (how come I can rummage in a pile of leaves with my bare hands one minute, but I need a pitch fork for rummaging through the next?) .. and way way way too many 'emblem keys'. I got totally confused.

The puzzles were a mixture, some easy, some quite hard .. (though I think that was because the instructions weren't clear so I wasn't sure how I was supposed to solve them).

Way too much of the above. After an hour I was completely bored. The "keeper of the map" puppet character was irritating and obtrusive with jumping up and down and stretching over the map button, and every now and then it injected a piece of useless historical information. Total nonsense I could do without.

Definitely not a buy for me.

Edited on 02/22/2013 at 9:45:44 PM PST

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on May 11, 13 9:06 PM
Really liked the game and found it fun to play The map and hints were fine and the only problem I had was the 3rd part of the Foosball game due to some kind of glitch the Blue men got rearranged off their assigned rods and the reset button did not work- GRRRRRRRR., so I hit the skip button out of absolute frustration ! [I very rarely skip mini games]...A little while later came the Red-Yellow Flower mini and after two evenings of trying I hit the ole skipper button not knowing if there was a glitch in it like in the foosball game :/

Other than the few glitches I loved the game & give it out of 5 flowers

[Post New]by thebeardedlady on May 15, 13 11:56 AM
Liked the Stone Queen okay but I hated this one. Sorry.

[Post New]by thebeardedlady on May 15, 13 11:59 AM
lynnestock wrote: ...some of the inventory objects were so obscure in their use I would never have solved anything i.e. pickaxe to open a curtain???

Haha...my thoughts exactly.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on May 18, 13 7:28 PM
Another grimm tale in the saga, this one is as beautiful as the other ones, fantastic graphics, great plot, is a very long game so even as a SE you are getting your money worth.

Story about a littler boy and a witch and wishes, you will love it as you go around trying to save the boy and defeat the witch.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 7, 13 9:51 AM
AND THE GRAY FAMILY SAGA CONTINUES...

GAME COMPLETED SEVERAL TIMES

This time it is your nephew who has caused calamity to befall your sister’s happy little family. A demon, masquerading as a witch (um, sorry, make that a wise old woman from the swamp), convinces Brandon to take a magic quill. This quill allows any wish written with it to come true. Unknown to Brandon, the demon is of course setting him up. Each time he uses the quill, more of his life force is taken.

Being a pretty bright kid considering his parentage (how could 2 SENSIBLE people get into so much trouble!), he stops using it, but it is too late.

He has made 3 wishes and it will soon destroy him.

Enter SUPERAUNTIE.

Beginning with a rather unimposing intro, followed by the ordinary house the Grays now live, it’s easy to expect things to be a little more laid back. Not a bit of it, nothing is of course ordinary.

This game is as complex and ingenious as the last, with DOZENS OF BEAUTIFUL LOCATIONS. Again, there is a fairly heavy load of interactive HO SCENES, combined with a DELUGE of PUZZLES OF ALL DIFFICULTY LEVELS, edging to more difficult than easy. With all that is jammed into it, it is not surprising that this game is LONG, and you’ll want to set aside some time for it.

As you’d expect from this series, we have SPECTACULAR GRAPHICS, along with appropriate MUSIC, ENVIRONMENTAL SOUNDS and VOICEOVERS. If you’ve not played any of this series before, you’re in for quite a treat.

Another delightful concoction from one of our favourite developers.

I recommend this game!

[Post New]by sugerhill1 on Sep 2, 14 9:12 PM
I can't get this game to work correctly. When it does move it takes several seconds. . A lot ok black screens. I have tried to reload, no change. I would love some help. I have never had a game do this.

Go to: